Big Brother UK 2006

Avalanche said:
Pete only won because he had the sob story, as so often is the case on reality TV shows. He won because he had tourettes, no other reason.

I'd disagree, I liked Pete's personality. If anything, he didn't have a sob story as such. The tourettes just added to his personality.

I mean, I didn't pity him. Yet he was ma fave housemate.

Sugarculted said:
I'd disagree, I liked Pete's personality. If anything, he didn't have a sob story as such. The tourettes just added to his personality.

I mean, I didn't pity him. Yet he was ma fave housemate.

I agree that pete only won it because he had a sob story. He was rarely funny or interesting and didn't do anything really in the house. at least richard, aysline and glyn seemed to contribute and learn things about themselves. Pete was boring as hell and seemed like he was up his own arse,

Basically you get to choose one idiot out of many. I'm just relieved that Nikki didn't win.

They might as well stop making Big Brother now. There is never going to be a Winner that will top Pete. He's so different, while still being a normal decent likable guy underneath.

Craig, Brian, Kate and Anthony were all average people who had enough charisma to win. (You might be able to put Cameron in that group, but how many 32 year old bible nut virgins who still live with their parents are there in the general population?)

Nadia was a flaming queen, pre-op transexual with a jaw Mike Tyson couldn't break.

Pete has the normality of the first group while being uniquely different from them like Nadia. But not too different to make him unrelatable. For someone to be a better winner than him they'd have to have his model looks, sense of humour, odd manerisms and with a more extreme detriment that makes for entertianing television.

And I highly doubt that's out there.

Enzyme said:
how many 32 year old bible nut virgins who still live with their parents are there in the general population?)
Haha I bet there's quite a few out there. ;)

Enzyme said:
Pete has the normality of the first group while being uniquely different from them like Nadia. But not too different to make him unrelatable. For someone to be a better winner than him they'd have to have his model looks, sense of humour, odd manerisms and with a more extreme detriment that makes for entertianing television.
Wow. :down

Pete has the normality? He does? Pete is in no way normal. He's an oddity, and socially, he's completely inept, no doubt as a result of his tourettes. Definately not normal.

Model looks? Maybe if he wasn't always pulling the most ugly of facial expressions, shaving and dyeing his hair in ridiculous ways, and actually wore some nice clothing, he could actually look pretty good. As it is, no.

Sense of humour? I don't remember him having much of one, or at least, no more so than anyone else in the house.

Odd manerisms? Yeah, I'll give you that one. He certainly had those.

He wasn't even my favourite housemate, but when you put him up against the BB winners he stands alone. Maybe my description wasn't 100% accurate, but can you see next years winner being more unique than him?

Probably not as unique, no. The only other truly unique housemate to win was Nadia. He probably won't be beaten in terms of uniqueness, but I think, at least for me, he can be beaten in terms of likeability.

Who is the most likeable of the previous winners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"