The Dark Knight Bigger is Better. Elements I want in the sequels

chosen1

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just want to start off by saying this movie rocks. I know most people are saying Duh. But everytime I watch the movie. I'm like they struck gold this movie smoked star wars. Anyway I loved the movie But I just want to share w/ you guy's things I want to see in the sequel and hopefully get some ideas circulated and some feedback here we go....

1. I want to see more of wayne manor. Now I know the movie is about Bruce wayne coming in to batman that's why batman Begins was Perfect But in the movie It looked like they only showed one side of his house and from the angle it really did'nt look that big and I know the House is huge. In all of the comics / tv shows he has lived by a river of some sort I know this is the case w/ the movie because there is a freakin waterfall in his cave. But the only scenery w/ a good view I saw was when he was w/ rachel after his house burned down and it was all Green fields still beautiful but where is the water again has to be on the other side But I know he lives a phat life style I want to see more of his House.

2. I also want to see an expansion of the cave. I'm sure this will happen but to have him explore the cave further and discover different areas would be cool so we could kind of get a feel of things to come as far as him setting up shop.

3. I don't want the mob factor to disappear. I know Joker and penguin are all considered Organized crime. But I also want batman just like in begins to deal w/ the ordanary criminals

Question: Where are you guy's getting this info about Carmine having a nephew running the business and other mob families in the Batman Universe????? Let me know

4. Somewher in the sequels I would like to see Gordon as he is being promoted through the ranks be on edge a little. Let me explain. I want some talk going around that he has been working w/ the Batman to take down crime and if he is to be promoted to commish I want him to be question by city council members as far as his involvment in those rumors more importantly I want some kind of reaction from the organized crime families on this rumor. For example if I was the head of an Organized Syndicate and rumors were flying around that A police captain was allowing a vigilante to stop crime and he was succeeding and if that captain was to be promoted to Commmish which is top dog dont answer to No one if youre getting results. Me ass a Mob Boss is going to do something about it. to have a twist like that would be cool maybe have an assasination attempt on Gordon's for that very reason would be a nice twist.

More to come

Thoughts?
Disagreements?

yea i would like to see more of his house.
and i would also like to see him expand the cave as well, but actually show us the progression of what he is putting down there, and actually go into detial on different machines and more lucas fox stuff that hed put in the bat cave

I agree with everything you said, chosen

Grammar Harvey Dent is not amused - but Grammar Two Face is delighted.

The ideas are very good though.

I think it's pretty obvious they'll expand the cave in the sequel, Bruce and Alfred talked about renovations to the foundations in the southwest corner at the end of Begins. But since this movie is set a couple years after Begins, the renovations will probably already be done.

I like the idea of Gordon's police promotions not going perfectly smooth. That could play out interestingly. Especially if there are still lots of crooked cops and city officials like there were in Begins.

Two Face said:
WTF?? NO!
You know, I think if Nolan could dream up one awesome way for that to come in, and not make it cheesy in any way, it would be really cool.

I agree with what you said but I dont want Gordon being promoted to Commish until the end of the third movie.

I agree that gordon should not be commisioner at least until the third film. In the second film it would be nice to see batman learning to be a great detective. Maybe he learns on line via the internet. Also Scarecrow was never arrested so it would be fitting for batman to catch him in the first act. I like the idea of Harvy Dent in the sequel. He can make a pact with the dark knight to find the Joker.

the ONLY thing i want...

...ZOOM OUT FOR THE FIGHT SCENES DAMMIT!!! no quick cuts and short shots! i want to be able to see the fights CLEARLY this time dammit! that's ALL i want for the sequel...

DorkyFresh said:
the ONLY thing i want...

...ZOOM OUT FOR THE FIGHT SCENES DAMMIT!!! no quick cuts and short shots! i want to be able to see the fights CLEARLY this time dammit! that's ALL i want for the sequel...
You fail :down

Ronny Shade said:
why's that? because i actually like watching the fight as opposed to seeing a bunch of quick blurs on the screen?

No I'm being stupid. I know everybody wants to see the fights. I dislike this idea. Part of the genius that was Batman Begins was that you see Batman through the eyes of those he's confronting. When he talks to Gordon he's a man. When he interrogates Flass he's a monster. A beast. The shooting of him as a beast in the fight scenes gave him an animalistic intensity that is so necessary for Bale/Nolan's Batman. He needs to be uncontrollable. Ferocious. Showing Woo Ping Yuen style choreography would destroy this feeling.

i'm not saying show Woo Ping martial arts wire-fu choreography, i'm saying....use the same choreographer they have now but with the same kind of camera angles and shots as say...

...the Hunted, Blade (the first one), or Bourne Identity. out of all the movies with 'fight scenes' those 3 stick out in my mind as to how the fight scenes should be done because those 3 movies show the choreography in all of it's beautiful brutality (if that makes sense) without making it seem like a showdown in Chinatown.

a bazooka with a boxing glove attatchment would be pretty cool, too -- in the hands of harley, of course.

DorkyFresh said:
i'm not saying show Woo Ping martial arts wire-fu choreography, i'm saying....use the same choreographer they have now but with the same kind of camera angles and shots as say...

...the Hunted, Blade (the first one), or Bourne Identity. out of all the movies with 'fight scenes' those 3 stick out in my mind as to how the fight scenes should be done because those 3 movies show the choreography in all of it's beautiful brutality (if that makes sense) without making it seem like a showdown in Chinatown.
Those are good examples, but they didn't have the ferocity and raw disorienting intensity that the fighting in Begins had.

i'll agree that they're not as disorienting as the fights in Begins, but that's not what i want to see and that's not always the best way to go. disorienting can be a bad thing for people who get nauseous easily.

and i disagree that the fights in the movies i mentioned weren't as intense or ferocious as the fights in Begins. i've seen UFC fights that were more intense than the fights in Begins....but that's only my opinion. which is why we're here right? to express our opinions? well....my opinion is that the camera angles were too close and the shots were too quick. ;)

Yeah and my opinion is that they worked well. I'm guessing Nolan agrees with me, but I won't be pissed if he pulls them back a little.

Dark Guardian said:
You know, I think if Nolan could dream up one awesome way for that to come in, and not make it cheesy in any way, it would be really cool.

Still NO!:down

Ronny Shade said:
Those are good examples, but they didn't have the ferocity and raw disorienting intensity that the fighting in Begins had.

when your watching an ACTION movie, you want to be able to make out the action. its near impossible to think back to begins and be able to specifically remember any sort of fight sequence. when a fight scene finishes, the audience shouldnt be like, "wait, what the f**k just happened? did they just fight? i dunno...." there are plenty of ways to film a fight sequence and keeps the ferocity and rawness, but still make the fight more clear. if a director is flying though quick cuts and close ups, its an obvious sign that they dont know how to direct a fight sequence. i appreciate the idea behind nolan's intentions with the scenes, but the fact is it just didnt work in the execution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"