Days of Future Past Billing order.

I never thought billing order would be such a contentious topic.

Well this is a forum for the most hyped film of 2014!

And I think people are taking this billing order and that picture seriously, like what happens if Halle Berry wins an Oscar next year, would they suddenly change the billing order? They probably haven't come up with the final billing order since they haven't edited the film and they are still in production. What they have right now is a cast list.

No she really isn't in fact she is even less likely in my opinion.
1) she's never been billed higher than Halle before in any x-men movie even X1 and X2 where she had more screentime than Halle.

2) Halle may only have filmed for two weeks but Famke is almost guaranteed to have much less scenes than her. Her role would be an extended cameo at best.

3) There is NO way Famke Janssen will be billed before Oscar Winner Halle Berry. This is Halle Berry we're talking about, not some random actor. It just won't happen.

I'm sorry Nana but you seem to be really invested in defending Halle when someone says a snide comment about her but how do you think fans of the other actors feel when you ESSENTIALLY do the same thing to their actor/actress? Honestly I don't think Halle needs you to defend her but that's just me :o

There Is space on cast photo between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.So someone Is going to fill that spot.Just because Halle Berry was heavily billed In past doesn't mean It will be
that way In this film.There are 3 choices Famke Janssen(If she Is in film) Lucas Till or whoever Is playing Nixon.

Remember Patrick Stewart got top billing In X-Men and X2 and got the and credit for last stand.

That was my point, regardless, someone will fill in that gap, and supposedly Quicksilver will be a big character, so Evan peters can fill that spot . . .

Well this is a forum for the most hyped film of 2014!

And I think people are taking this billing order and that picture seriously, like what happens if Halle Berry wins an Oscar next year, would they suddenly change the billing order? They probably haven't come up with the final billing order since they haven't edited the film and they are still in production. What they have right now is a cast list.

That is what I believe. I still don't think they've come up with the final billing order either. I actually think it's too early for that sort of thing for a movie like this. But everyone else seems to think it is.

The fact remains that cast photo Is very likely billing order.It makes more sense.Why else would Jennifer Lawrence be second.

Based on what reviews are saying on the wolverine If Famke Janssen Is In DOFP It will probally be an uncredited cameo the same with James Marsden If he Is In film.Now with what the proucer Is saying it seems like Evan Peters Is likely choice to be slotted In between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.

That is not a fact. We do not know whether it is billing order or not

I'm sorry Nana but you seem to be really invested in defending Halle when someone says a snide comment about her but how do you think fans of the other actors feel when you ESSENTIALLY do the same thing to their actor/actress? Honestly I don't think Halle needs you to defend her but that's just me :o

Ok, but some of the comments here about Halle being billed behind lesser known actors though are questionable if not unrealistic. I mean, even I can see that. True, many fanboys don't like Halle Berry, but that doesn't reflect the general movie-going public's opinion...which has been enough to sustain Halle's career and kept her headlining her own films.

This is a Bryan Singer film. Halle Berry is one of his original casting choices 13 years ago. He's not going to drop her to lesser standing in this franchise just because we have new, younger actors involved now. They will be mixed in, but Hugh, Halle, and Jennifer are still the franchise's biggest money-makers. And that's all studios care about: what marquee names are going to bring in the money. Even if Halle doesn't get top 5 billing, her face (and powers) will be featured heavily in the marketing to get them butts in the theater seats.

On the actual posters?

Hugh JACKMAN

James McAVOY

Michael FASSBENDER

Jennifer LAWRENCE

Patrick STEWART

Ian McKELLEN

Halle BERRY

Nicholas HOULT

Omar SY

Anna PAQUIN

Ellen PAGE

Shawn ASHMORE

Evan PETERS

Daniel Cudmore

and

Peter DINKLAGE

IF they use that many names.

It might just be:

JACKMAN McAVOY FASSBENDER McKELLEN STEWART LAWRENCE BERRY SY HOULT and DINKLAGE

-R

Last edited:
Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellen, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Halle Berry, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin, and Peter Dinklage.

I think Lawrence comes just behind McAvoy & Fassbender, not that she isn't a bigger name, just that her character here is less central to the plot than theirs. I can understand when the likes of Iron Man & Wolverine are given top billing for commercial reasons ahead of Cap & Cyclops but those characters are in the same league as the leaders. This would be like Black Widow or Hawkeye taking top billing in Avengers, however big the star playing the role.

That said this is going to have one of best huge casts for any film. So much to live up to!

Ok, but some of the comments here about Halle being billed behind lesser known actors though are questionable if not unrealistic. I mean, even I can see that. True, many fanboys don't like Halle Berry, but that doesn't reflect the general movie-going public's opinion...which has been enough to sustain Halle's career and kept her headlining her own films.

This is a Bryan Singer film. Halle Berry is one of his original casting choices 13 years ago. He's not going to drop her to lesser standing in this franchise just because we have new, younger actors involved now. They will be mixed in, but Hugh, Halle, and Jennifer are still the franchise's biggest money-makers. And that's all studios care about: what marquee names are going to bring in the money. Even if Halle doesn't get top 5 billing, her face (and powers) will be featured heavily in the marketing to get them butts in the theater seats.

:applaud

Hugh JACKMAN

Patrick STEWART

Ian McKELLEN

Jennifer LAWRENCE

Michael FASSBENDER

James McAVOY

Halle BERRY

Nicholas HOULT

Ellen PAGE

Shawn ASHMORE

Daniel CUDMORE

Evan PETERS

Omar SY

with

Peter DINKLAGE

and

Anna PAQUIN

XvVDep9.png

If we go by the past SINGER films Anna has always been given the "and" credit with the exception of "the Last Stand" so I'm expecting they will keep tradition with Anna having the "and" credit while Dinkelage will be given the "with" credit. Anna is an Oscar Winner and Golden Globe winner so her credits are stronger than Dinkelage. Yet, since Dinkelage is portraying the villain he will be given some stronger credit. Also his popularity with Game of Thrones (eventhough True Blood is more popular).

Also, Jennifer Lawrence will be given top billing of the female lead. She is an Oscar winner and a huge draw for audiences.

Last edited:
Far enough but Michael will not be credited before James though.

Michael will absolutely be credited before James, he's the bigger name right now. Lawrence may even be credited over James (she just won an Oscar). Dinklage will be after the and.

I would find it funny if Anna Paquin still gets the "And.." credit especially after all these years.

I don't think she would be doing a lot in this movie.

She doesn't have to. Just give her the feisty personality from the comics and a badass action scene or two (basically Sookie from True Blood) and I'll be satisfied.

Michael will absolutely be credited before James, he's the bigger name right now. Lawrence may even be credited over James (she just won an Oscar). Dinklage will be after the and.

Fassbender is playing a villain to McAvoy's hero. Pretty sure McAvoy will be credited before Fassbender.

Just as Stewart will be credited before McKellen.

We don't know that Erik is a villain this film. Older Magneto seems to be working with Xavier, maybe the younger one is as well (the enemy of my enemy). Lawrence may get billing over both of them (Oscar-winner last year).

We don't know that Erik is a villain this film. Older Magneto seems to be working with Xavier, maybe the younger one is as well (the enemy of my enemy). Lawrence may get billing over both of them (Oscar-winner last year).

By Magneto being villain, I obviously meant Fassbender since he's the topic of discussion right now. And since the DOFP comics has The Brotherhood as the villains in the "Past" it's more than likely the same case for the movie.

Do you think that Jennifer may get billing over both of them, given her current popularity (I think she''' definitely have a prominent place on the posters).

From the twitpic that Bryan posted of the cast photos it does seem very likely she'll get higher billing over McAvoy and Fassy. I'm against it but what can I do.

In terms of poster credits:

Hugh JACKMAN

Patrick STEWART

Ian McKELLEN

Jennifer LAWRENCE

Michael FASSBENDER

James McAVOY

Halle BERRY

James MARSDEN

Nicholas HOULT

Ellen PAGE

with

Peter DINKLAGE

and

Anna PAQUIN

Considering how secretive and mysterious Singer has been with Paquin she may be featured on the poster quite a bit. Their tight lip about her role seems to be creative buzz on purpose so I see her being featured on the poster quite a bit.

Lawrence will have a big inclusion on the poster as will Fassbender and Dinklage.

POSTER PHOTOS:

Hugh Jackman
Jennifer Lawrence
Peter Dinklage
Michael Fassbender
James McAvoy
Halle Berry
Anna Paquin
James Marsden
Nicholas Hoult
Ian McKellen
Patrick Stewart
Ellen Page

The graphic designers and art directors at FOX tend to work with the younger cast member images and love working with Halle Berry's images so they may give her a bigger photospot than Lawrence on the poster. I just wouldn't count Berry out when it comes to poster placement. She could wind up just as big as Jackman on the poster. They also tend to love Paquin on the posters as well so she could wind up on it but definitely not expecting her to have equal presence as Berry or Lawrence. Ellen Page will have minimal presence along with Stewart and McKellen who tend to have very little presence on the posters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"