The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Bj novak speculation thread

if he was a no one i doubt he wouldve really been secretive about who he potrays in the film
he is a classic character so richard parker dnt think so doc oc do think so mysterio possibly bout doubtfull a smyth also very possible

Why would they be so secretive about a young Richard Parker flashback?

That does appear to be the most likely explanation.
Although a lot of people dont want to believe that, it seems .
Its not like I'm in denial or anything, I just don't think its a young Richard Parker. Unless the story really goes that far into the past? But I am open to the idea. Does anyone know when Oscorp started as a company in this series?

It would be interesting if Oscorp started as a simple chemical company (which is all it was in the early Marvel days) and then later grew into something bigger as seen in USM/TASM1.

maybe he is someone important, maybe not...how bout the chameleon?
13056-1.jpg

They were secretive about Felicity Jones too.

We know she's just "The Goblin's Girlfriend"

But she's a brand new character. We've seen Richard Parker already. No reason for a flashback with him to be so secretive.

But she's a brand new character. We've seen Richard Parker already. No reason for a flashback with him to be so secretive.
It depends on what happens during the flashback.
Could be a key plot point .

It depends on what happens during the flashback.
Could be a key plot point .

They don't have to tell us anything about the scene. A flashback could have a million different possibilities.

He looks like a Young Richard Parker to me plus they did say that we would get the origin of the Spiders.

I just don't see him as Doc Ock. He could possibly be a connection to the Daily Bugle, Ben Urich?

He looks like a Young Richard Parker to me plus they did say that we would get the origin of the Spiders.

I just don't see him as Doc Ock. He could possibly be a connection to the Daily Bugle, Ben Urich?

According to BJ, his character is an Oscorp employee. Unless they've changed BU's role here I'd say that prob rules him out.

Regardless of who he's playing, and if they use him for the future films, it's gonna be crazy to see BJ Novak play a Spider-Man villain. I mean, I'm used to him being on The Office, and earlier in the days, Punk'd. Haha.
I hope he understands the responsibility like each cast member has come off as so far.

I suppose now that Daredevil is back with Marvel, will Sony be allowed to use Ben Urich for these new Spider-Man films at the Bugle?! Would be cool to see him go toe for toe with Jameson.

As for Novak, I wouldn't mind if he became Octavius. Could you even begin to consider Novak to be on a similar level of actor as Dylan Baker for example, as the latter did play Curt Connors in the last trilogy. But as Smythe I could get behind. Also had a thought of Novak as Adrian Toomes, if they were to go younger but I think better stay at Smythe.

As for Otto, I just had a sudden thought of Philip Seymour Hoffman. Now I think he would be brilliant!

I think everybody is gonna be surprised

He will end up being some minor character like an employee or something

Well he is an Oscorp employee, but the question is which one? How many well-known Oscorp employees are there in the comics?

there are one or two
but in the asn movie universe everyone is tied in with oscorp somehow lol

Thanks. Is that officially associated with the movie?

Yeah. That's supposed to be the official Daily Bugle tumblr. Viral marketing I guess. In the trailer, in one of the shots in the bg you can read, "follow the daily bugle on tumblr" lol.

I think he'll be doc ock or Alastair smythe.

Yeah. That's supposed to be the official Daily Bugle tumblr. Viral marketing I guess. In the trailer, in one of the shots in the bg you can read, "follow the daily bugle on tumblr" lol.

Makes me wonder if they'll edit that out of that shot for the final cut seeing as how it's mostly for the viral marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"