Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

Going to miss Tobias Whale, the actor would make a great King Pin if there is ever another Daredevil movie.

While I loved the series, I felt the final was a bit underwhelming(not bad in anyway just underwhelming). As others pointed out though this season overall though was a step down from previous ones.

A long overdue fight between Black Lightning and Tobias Whale while we had the two Jennifers battling each other.

Glad Cress stated that folks from the Flash want him to appear in their show, which I hope happens.

Finale was good but felt like they were trying to pack a bit too much in.

Ending with the Lala scene was a strange choice, probably should have put that after the fight and ended with the family scene.

I’m guessing Lala was gonna be the main villain in Painkiller?

Well I'll give it this - I did not see the "energy alien stole Jen's DNA and memories" development coming, lol. And Jen's line about suddenly knowing there are aliens out there seems weird given, ya know, the Arrowverse, and how this show likes to reference Superman. Glad China came back for the finale, though. It was good to see her again.

A decent finale to a crappy season of one of the Arrowverse's better shows, imo.

Despite it's issues, it's still better than Legends right now.

I echo the feelings that this season wasn't up to snuff compared to the others. It all felt off with the sudden news of it being the final season, whatever BTS drama went down with the cast, backdoor pilot and spinoff focus. It just didn't feel like things were coming to an end, at least not a planned one anyway.

I'll miss the show and how it was different from the other CW/DC shows with the writing, material, character dynamics, setting, music, etc.

I mean you just wouldn't get lines like this one...

Krondon Jones deserves an award with they way he sold Tobias' network approved racially deragotory language.

As noted in the RIP thread, actor Charlbi Dean (who played Tobias Whale's henchwoman/assassin) has passed away at the age of 32. Too young. :(

DrfmdxRV4AA6PvU.jpg

As noted in the RIP thread, actor Charlbi Dean (who played Tobias Whale's henchwoman/assassin) has passed away at the age of 32. Too young. :(

DrfmdxRV4AA6PvU.jpg

Oh no that's sad. She was great in the show.

DrfmdxRV4AA6PvU.jpg
Wow RIP. She played a good antagonist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"