Blade Runner 2049 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it is futile at this point, I had a third viewing of this film and boy, after a few weeks away, it is still fantastic. I get chills from the moment the narration hits and the eye opens.

A few interesting things gained from the film over the past few weeks:

The new Voight-Kampf tests almost whether Replicants are becoming/feeling human, as opposed to humans being revealed to Replicants.

K asking Deckard whether his dog "real" is an inversion of Deckard asking Rachael whether the owl from their first meeting is "artificial".

I think of all the lines of the film that I really like, Joi's "Yes, like a real girl" gets to me the most. It's such a simple line but encapsulates the struggles of K and Joi so well I feel like.

Anyways, this is by far my favorite movie of the year.

Fairly in depth effects breakdown for that face replacement.
https://www.fxguide.com/featured/mpc-replicating-rachael-in-blade-runner-2049/

Just wanna keep banging this movie's drum because it's ****ing incredible. It won't be nominated for anything besides cinematography and art direction, but like any truly great movie, it won't be nominated for the other categories at the Oscars.

The Oscars are a joke anyway. Saw this again the other day and it's still hands down the best film released this year.

Oscars?

The nominations that are locks:
Visual Effects
Sound Editing
Sound Mixing
Cinematography
Production Design

There are probable:
Original Score
Film Editing

Not likely:
Best Picture
Director
Screenplay

The movie will be more like Interstellar. It will take like 5-7 nominations in the crafts, and that's it.

Oscars?

The nominations that are locks:
Visual Effects
Sound Editing
Sound Mixing
Cinematography
Production Design

There are probable:
Original Score
Film Editing

Not likely:
Best Picture
Director
Screenplay

The movie will be more like Interstellar. It will take like 5-7 nominations in the crafts, and that's it.

As long as it wins Best Cinematography. Roger Deakins is long overdue.

I already ordered the steelbook version but no date from Amazon yet, was kinda hoping for a version with a model spinner with it.

I'm definitely hoping for January, I only got the chance to see this once in theaters on release day so it's already been a while. There isn't even a somewhat decent bootleg out there, i've got nothing to do but listen to the soundtrack and twiddle my thumbs in wait.

iTunes is saying the digital version is being released on December 26.

Retailers are beginning to show that the release date for the UHD, Blu-Ray, and DVD is January 16. That seems likely if the digital release is indeed coming out on December 26. Physical releases usually come out three weeks after the digital release.

The release date in France is apparently February 14.

US coverart:

Why would you release it the day after Christmas? That is beyond stupid. It's like they're trying to find ways for this movie to NOT make money.

Yeah it seems like a massively missed opportunity not to have it ready for the holiday season :huh:

Why would you release it the day after Christmas? That is beyond stupid. It's like they're trying to find ways for this movie to NOT make money.

December 26 is a Tuesday. Movies are released on Tuesday in the US.

Besides, this film is is supposedly going to lose the studio around $80 million. The home video release isn't going to turn things around regardless of what day they release it on.

Press Release for home video release:

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release in 4K Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray and Blu-ray director Denis Villeneuve's film Blade Runner 2049 (2017), starring Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Robin Wright, Ana de Armas, and Dave Bautista. The three releases will be available for purchase on January 16.

The 4K Blu-ray Combo Pack features a 4K Blu-ray disc with the theatrical version in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc also featuring the theatrical version. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray; and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack include a digital version of the movie in Digital HD with UltraViolet.

4K Blu-ray showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.

Additionally, all of the special features, including interviews with filmmakers, featurettes, and deleted scenes, can be experienced in an entirely new, dynamic and immersive manner on tablets and mobile phones using the Warner Bros. Movies All Access App, available for both iOS and Android devices. When a Combo Pack is purchased and the digital movie is redeemed, or the digital movie is purchased from a digital retailer, the Warner Bros. Movies All Access App allows users to watch the movie and simultaneously experience synchronized content related to any scene, simply by rotating their device. Synchronized content is presented on the same screen while the movie is playing, thus enabling users to quickly learn more about any scene, such as actor biographies, scene locations, fun trivia, or image galleries. Also, users can share movie clips with friends on social media and experience other immersive content. The Movies All Access app is available for download on the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.

The 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray discs of Blade Runner 2049 will feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar; however, Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

Synopsis: Three decades after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K, unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard, a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

Special Features:
Designing The World of Blade Runner 2049
To Be Human: Casting Blade Runner 2049
Prologues: 2036: Nexus Dawn
Prologues: 2048: Nowhere to Run
Prologues: 2022: Black Out
Blade Runner 101: Blade Runners
Blade Runner 101: The Replicant Evolution
Blade Runner 101: The Rise of Wallace Corp
Blade Runner 101: Welcome to 2049
Blade Runner 101: Joi
Blade Runner 101: Within the Skies

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22549

Cover Art:

e654zn.jpg

2hx7w2d.jpg

2m6plyg.jpg

9018.jpg

The rear quote on the cover art within the spoiler, hardly sells it as to engage non-fans or first time watchers, does it ?

I'm gonna need the 4K steelbook of this

Yeah, this will be absolutely glorious in 4K UHD.

The rear quote on the cover art within the spoiler, hardly sells it as to engage non-fans or first time watchers, does it ?

Actually it's one of the more intelligent quotes I've seen on covers. Some people will over look this film simply because they don't feel like having to watch the first film. So its good that the cover says, "Hey, the first film isn't even necesarry."

This might be the first 4K film I buy. Don't have the set-up yet, but I'm planning ahead and don't want to re-buy it later (it's nice that a regular blu-ray is included, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"