Bleach - Part 1

So the Fullbringer arc has come to an end and I have to say that Kubo probably needs more time off than 3 weeks.

I was really liking the FB arc and he totally dropped the ball in having them essentially make zero affect other than showing that Ichigo has apparently "matured".

Really disappointed in how they got rid of some of the FB as well. At least the art was good but just a lot of points where sloppily handled.

After this weeks chapter I couldn't believe that this was an actual arc. I mean after the overly drawn out Battle of Karakura Town against Aizen and his army this one just felt very uneventful. I mean that's it? Despite certain revelations this almost felt like a filler in the anime.

it was also to show the
vaizards are captains again
However we'll probably see the fbs again cause
only 2 of them died right?

After this weeks chapter I couldn't believe that this was an actual arc. I mean after the overly drawn out Battle of Karakura Town against Aizen and his army this one just felt very uneventful. I mean that's it? Despite certain revelations this almost felt like a filler in the anime.

Might as well have been.

it was also to show the
vaizards are captains again
However we'll probably see the fbs again cause
only 2 of them died right?

Giriko, Ginjou, Tsukishima (unknown as he was pretty badly injured and last we saw was him getting carried away by Shishigawara), Rirukia (either ran used the FB version of Sonido and ran off or committed suicide probably the former though).

So it's either 2, 3 or 4. I'd say in all likelihood the number was 3 because the effects of BoTE had been completely reversed on Ichigos family and friends which implies that Tsuki had hit the dust.

Either way this entire arc was a wasted opportunity. They could have given us far more background information on Ginjou instead of having it all be vague exposition. "Ichigo really grew up blah blah blah". Well it's great to know that everyone else got almost no development or were completely blacked out for the exception of SS and Ichigo and Uryu who was eventually thrown to the wayside and being completely helpless.

The entire thing was just a big wasted effort. Oh well.

This arc was just so uninteresting to me. I'm really not caring about Bleach, anymore, and I loved it before.

I can't shake the feeling that Kubo should have ended this story with Aizen.

This arc felt like filler there was no character development at all.

This arc was just so uninteresting to me. I'm really not caring about Bleach, anymore, and I loved it before.

I can't shake the feeling that Kubo should have ended this story with Aizen.

No. He just shouldn't have wasted an arc on these scrubby Full Bringers. He should have did an arc around The Royal Guard since so many of us are still wondering what's up with them. We know next to nothing about them yet a big part of Aizen's plot was killing them and the king of SS.

The Royal Guard has been depicted as elite captains which sounds pretty interesting. I'm not sure if Kubo is ever even going to go into that at least not anytime soon, it seems he might not have actually thought them through when they were introduced.

That's what I'm starting to think, but if he hasn't three weeks is enough time to get an idea going. Or if not that, well, something...

I mean I actually did like the Fullbringers and thought that Kubo was going to tie them in with an infiltration of SS plot or something but I guess I was giving Kubo to much credit. He completely just wasted any great payoff this arc could have had.

The entire thing was build up with literally zero resolution in a satisfying sense. In the end the message of the story was that "herherderp Ichigo grew up didn't he?". I mean seriously? Yeah he sure grew into a complacent nimrod by not questioning anything SS does and killed a human being for the first time.

Excellent. We've all learned so much. Not.

I just hope the next arc is more elaborate so to speak because this entire arc has essentially been a roller coaster that consist of climbing a really high peak only for the ride to have no come down and once you get to the top it says "Ride over. Please make sure you exit carefully with all your belongings".

Your then left scratching your head and saying to yourself "What a dud".

I mean I actually did like the Fullbringers and thought that Kubo was going to tie them in with an infiltration of SS plot or something but I guess I was giving Kubo to much credit. He completely just wasted any great payoff this arc could have had.

The entire thing was build up with literally zero resolution in a satisfying sense. In the end the message of the story was that "herherderp Ichigo grew up didn't he?". I mean seriously? Yeah he sure grew into a complacent nimrod by not questioning anything SS does and killed a human being for the first time.

Excellent. We've all learned so much. Not.

I just hope the next arc is more elaborate so to speak because this entire arc has essentially been a roller coaster that consist of climbing a really high peak only for the ride to have no come down and once you get to the top it says "Ride over. Please make sure you exit carefully with all your belongings".

Your then left scratching your head and saying to yourself "What a dud".
yep pretty much sums it up.it felt like a filler arc.and not even a good one at that.the zanpukto arc had more of a right to be canon then this one did.hell atleast that arc dives into the psychological mindset of weapon and owner.this just seemed like a bad set up to something less interesting

No. He just shouldn't have wasted an arc on these scrubby Full Bringers. He should have did an arc around The Royal Guard since so many of us are still wondering what's up with them. We know next to nothing about them yet a big part of Aizen's plot was killing them and the king of SS.
This is how I feel. If Kubo is going to have more arcs like this one, then he should have ended with Aizen's defeat.

The Royal Guard and SS's king seem interesting, so I hope Kubo goes there next.

I think hes gearing up for a big arc about SS and the royal guard. Because who takes off 3 weeks other then to plan out a pretty awesome arc? so while full bringers pretty much wasted time, im hoping this new arc kicks some major ass.

Now....what exactly happens with this show, or is it a translation issue for the US/Cartoon Network ? They were still in the process of rescuing the busty girl from the traitor Reapers, and the baby turned into an adult girl and other good guys showed up...then they just switched to this storyline and just abandoned the other one? Each of which take some 20+ episodes to even resolve.

We're not talking about the story line of the episodes that CN is currently playing (Zanpakuto: The Alternate Tale *filler*). We're talking about the actual up to date manga from Japan which is canon. Which is a good deal ahead of the part CN English Dub is currently cover.

and they're essentially already pass what you're referring to in the CN run. Orihime (busty red head) got herself kidnapped again after being rescued by Ichigo by another of the arrancar/espada and was taken to their HQ (Las Noches) where Ichigo goes to free her while a good majority of the Captains from SS are on Earth fighting off Aizen and his espadas.

They just played the first half of that entire battle/arc and will resume it whenever they're doing playing this filler. The US run is way behind both the Japanese anime and manga.

As for the arc we're talking about, it's already over and is currently a quarters way through in the anime in Japan.

Ah.

Still...it's weird how the show does that.

It's been a long time coming. Can't deny and say it's a bit sad but the time is right.

Here's hoping Tite Kubo goes out with a blast.

Oh, it seems he quit his idea on taking it for ''another 10 years''...unless this arc is going to last 8 years.

Knowing that it is the final arc makes me excited for this. Can't wait.

I have a feeling this arc is going to be really long. Maybe it will be 8 years+.

Fullbring Arc was fairly short and that lasted for 14 months. This final one is gonna go on for at least 5 years.

I think the entire Arrancar/Aizen arc took like 5 years to tell. I remember in an interview some time ago Kubo said he'd make his last arc 2X longer than that.

So I expect for this to go on for a bit. So yeah 5 at the minimum but probably much longer based on the indications/interviews he's given.

So the final arc of Bleach has begun. Decent start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"