Torchwood - Part 1

Anyone think this will be good? It will premiere on BBC America, an it's from the creators of Doctor Who. I'm going to check it out for sure.

Filming has began

Eve Myles is spotted Monday on the set of the British sc-fi series Torchwood on location in Venice Beach, CA (Mar 7). Torchwood follows the Cardiff branch of the fictional Torchwood Institute, a small team of alien-hunters.

The series has been a success since hitting British TV screens in 2006, moving from BBC Three to BBC Two to the flagship BBC One during its run. A fourth season co-produced by BBC and Starz titled Torchwood: Miracle Day will be shown in both the United Kingdom and United States in summer 2011 and will be set in Los Angeles.

Torchwood writer David Fay said the new series will have an American “feel” but keep the same tone: “Russell [T. Davies] and Julie Gardner remain in charge. [But] there are more American characters in it, so obviously it’ll probably feel more American.”

Filming began a LONG time ago.
There have been photos of Eve, John and Mehki out a long time ago.

Found this while driving home from a project!
208222_10150154921218701_507488700_6570669_2734530_n.jpg

205196_10150154922133701_507488700_6570675_1228690_n.jpg

Time to resurrect this bad boy with a FULL new trailer!

[YT]uVktcOQD1zA[/YT]

seen it advertised on bbc but when isi ti on in the uk?

Oh wow. This looks like a movie than a series.

And it looks 100x better than the original series...

That looks great.

EVE!!!!

Hopefully this is as good as Children of Earth.

Oh wow. This looks like a movie than a series.

And it looks 100x better than the original series...

It's been made in co-production with Starz so I figure they have a fair bit more money to play with than the BBC usually put on the table.

Seeing Bill Pullman gives it a more of a movie quality feel as well.

Just a bit of a shame the Doctor won't stop by (again), I like it when they remember they are in the same universe.

Anyways, Looking forward to it :yay:

Just a bit of a shame the Doctor won't stop by (again), I like it when they remember they are in the same universe.

Anyways, Looking forward to it :yay:

Well, it is being co-produced by BBC (and Davies is still showrunning), so I wouldn't rule out another Doctor Who/Torchwood crossover in the future. But the thing is, Miracle Day will be on Starz rather than Syfy or BBC America -- so that rules out any possible big cross-promotion.

I like how Jane Espenson is one of the writers now. Such a talented woman.

The price actually isn't that bad, it's about what you'd pay for the first two seasons ($50 each on Amazon on a good day) and Children of Earth ($30 on Amazon on a good day), so $120 actually isn't that bad.

Just watched the first episode Miracle Day and it was good. Apparently comcast is letting you watch the first episode online.

hmm, is it available on Xbox Live I wonder?

Was not expecting Jack's current situation... I like it though, let's him experience something he hasn't in a long time.
I think it would be a nice twist if everything was caused by the current Doctor. I want more references to him. :csad:

Subliminal messages in new Torchwood?

SkipSchoolnik.png

We need to check all schools with students called Nik, Nick or Nicky!

The name of the associate producer of the show is more like a command than an actual name. Am I really the only one who sees it?

first episode was a little meh, but it did get me fired up for when the story really starts next week!

I believe it takes a year or two after CotE. I believe they said Gwen Cooper has been off the radar for more than a year.

Just got around to watching it. Love that the Welsh, tongue-in-cheek self-depreciation is still present. :)

Loving it so far. It is sufficiently gruesome, and is also presents very good science-fiction postulations about what would happen to the world if this kind of thing really occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"