Torchwood - Part 1

But what is it? Its never explained. I don't know if the writers think they are being cute or just could not be bothered but answer we've all been waiting for, the answer to "what's causing the miracle" is..?

"I don't know."

Ok...

From what I gathered of what little information we did get, it wasn't a organic being as such but more a elemental force that co-exists and influences the world/universe similar to gravity or dark matter.

It's bollocks, thats what it is.

If they'd used more episodes to flesh out the ending it would have worked much better than the dull as hell episodes where everyone sits around in a shed goggling morphic feilds and watching Bill Pullman rave about durgs. Seriously, they needed some better structure to that thing. No reason for the Jack flash back episode. I have no idea what happened when they went to the house. Someone died, but then they ran away...

It's a bloody mess.

But what is it? Its never explained. I don't know if the writers think they are being cute or just could not be bothered but answer we've all been waiting for, the answer to "what's causing the miracle" is..?

"I don't know."

Ok...

After Lost and Battlestar Galactica, other science fiction shows just went, "Wait, so we DON'T have to explain things anymore? Awesome!"

The fact the entitiy wasn't fully explained doesn't bother me in the slightest. Same with Battlestar Galactica and magical "gods guiding us" crap. I think the the problems (like mentioned above) are more to do with the stuff around it, which was all over the place in Torchwood. Probably one of the best examples is Starwars, before they did explain "the force" it was awsome. Now it's basically a sperm count.

[YT]cb5khSTupJ8[/YT]

[YT]wF7mlRDyA5Y[/YT]

O.k. I've never seen an episode of Torchwood. I have no idea what it's about. I just spent the last few days watching ep 1-10 of 'Miracle Day' on a wim, and absolutely loved it!

I've seen random eps of Dr.Who, but had never seen Jack before. The final scene with Murray Golds score was awesome; Gwens fight with the PR chick in the elevator!:up:

Yes, the blessing was a bit wtf, but hey.......

...will there be another season, with the twist at the end?

If you thought this season was good you should check out the last one, Children of earth. It's only 5 episodes but it's a lot better than Miracle Day. The 2 first seasons are great as well.

The explanation was enough for me. My problem was that they didn't really go into how those families figured it out. Like, did they take his blood before or after they figured they needed immortal blood to start the miracle?

I think they wanted to keep the families mysterious; i too would have liked to see more about how the familes got established but that could be shown in, if there is, the next season.

Also, has this show always been on Starz? I've heard of it before, saw it listed up on the Starz menu and assumed i was watching the original show (BBC)......until i did a bit of internet research.

If you thought this season was good you should check out the last one, Children of earth. It's only 5 episodes but it's a lot better than Miracle Day. The 2 first seasons are great as well.

Children of Earth is the Empire Strikes Back of the Torchwood seasons. It's the best. Miracle Day I would rank as Return of the Jedi.

Anyone hear if Starz picked up the show for another season?:huh:

Last I heard, Starz wants more but they are waiting for Russell T Davies.

Children of Earth is the Empire Strikes Back of the Torchwood seasons. It's the best. Miracle Day I would rank as Return of the Jedi.

:up:

I was quite satisfied with this season. And liked the setups for next time. The only problem I really had was that it could have probably been done in just 8 episodes. But that didn't really bother me.

This show is crap. It's hard to believe the creative minds behind Dr. Who came up with this mess.

Here is John Barrowman interviewing William Shatner for Star Trek Generations back in 1994

[YT]n6d-Woc7XqM[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"