Torchwood - Part 1

this season of torchwood's not as good as last season, I think there dragging it out way to long, lol

Well ya, its double the episodes. But its still a good season overall.

I few of the episodes have been good, Jack's not been as good this season, he's torchwood and yet he's letting the C.I.A call the shots, Rex is an Ok character.

I'm ready for this series to be over.

There's a lot of great concepts but the writing just isn't strong enough to stretch over ten episodes.

I thought the first couple of episodes were great. And unlike other folk, liked it was more American. It does seem abit over the place now.
Bill Pullman and that hot red head are wasted.

they've seemed wasted in the last couple of episodes they've been kind of pushed aside and i don't really know Pullman's characters thing is, he seems to be some sort of cult leader rallying people around in this strange time but now i'm not sure if that the case.

I also hated how the new ep started by skipping ahead two months. Talk about a lazy way to solve a cliffhanger.

I wonder when we will get news if Starz is going to renew TW for another season.
I would think that would have to be a joint BBC/Starz decision. I wonder what would happen if the ratings were down in say the UK but were doing good in the US?
Well ya, its double the episodes. But its still a good season overall.
No its not, i mean apart from the revelation in the first episode about the human race not being able to die what else has actually happened in this series?
I also hated how the new ep started by skipping ahead two months. Talk about a lazy way to solve a cliffhanger.
Which episode are you talking about because if its episode 9 can you put it in spoiler tags please because we in the UK dont get the latest ep until thursday 8th?...

Well that was terrible. I can safely say that the bits they've just casually skipped over in that episode would probably have been FAR more interesting to watch than the previous 4 episodes of filler.

I mean who here wouldn't have wanted to see Jack and co sneaking into a country. More than just coming out of a pipe and sneaking into a house? And far more could have been done with Oswald's journey from the hotel to Gwen's house.

Disapointed Torchwood...

Did anyone else find Reese really annoying in this episode, he either tried to kill Oswald which okay I get but it got annoying really fast or he laughed and made fun of everything and acted like a nob

Miracle Day has been my first exposure to Torchwood and while I think it could be better I have enjoyed Jack and Gwen a lot.

Currently going back to watch series 1-3 with the wife. Great show!

Well I watched the entire run today because I was bored and I never really liked Jack aside from his stint on Doctor Who and I really didn't love him then but I gave this show a shot. It was just alright. The writing, directing, and the acting isn't anything special or amazing. No characters stand out and Jack's charisma and futureness is really muted. I finally figured out where the word 'wood' in 'Torchwood' comes from. Too many pointless sex scenes.

HAHAHA. RTD and his crusade against vaginas. The big wall vagina also apparently attracts blood...no joke.

That was the best episode yet (Episode 9)

Still wasn't that good though. But at least I wasn't bored out of my skull like in the last episode. It was jarring how it just skipped ahead in time but John Fay is a pretty good writer and he worked well with what little he had.

I didn't really get why Bill Pullmans character sneaked in and picked up and played with there child to reveal himself It seemed like a really unnecessarily stupid thing for the character to do considering the character is a well known peedophile the public want dead. He does get the crap beaten out of him seconds afterwords with her husband getting ready to murder him. Now, in earlyer episodes he taunted Jack because apperantly he wanted to be killed. But in this episode, he attempts to barter because he doesn't want killed. Eh? It's interesting as well that is was a little girl and not a little boy he was convicted of raping and murdering. That would make him a bad homosexual.

Which doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I didn't really get why Bill Pullmans character sneaked in and picked up and played with there child to reveal himself It seemed like a really unnecessarily stupid thing for the character to do considering the character is a well known peedophile the public want dead. He does get the crap beaten out of him seconds afterwords with her husband getting ready to murder him. Now, in earlyer episodes he taunted Jack because apperantly he wanted to be killed. But in this episode, he attempts to barter because he doesn't want killed. It's interesting as well that is was a little girl and not a little boy he was convicted of raping and murdering. That would make him a bad homosexual.

A few posts here are there is fine, but you really need to step off this whole "homosexual agenda" soapbox right about now.

I noticed they made the CIA family mole women a lesbian too

A few posts here are there is fine, but you really need to step off this whole "homosexual agenda" soapbox right about now.

I'm sorry if that upsets you, I have nothing against homosexuals personally. And if this was advertised as something strongly homosexual first and foremost, I really wouldn't have any complaints at all. Hell, if it had a strong homosexual element but felt natural I probably wouldn't complain. It would be interesting. To be clear with you... the problem here isn't that he has homosexual elements it in, it's that it's so friggin pushed in your face and un-naturally obvious that it is propaganda on his part. If I was part of the gay community, I wouldn't be seal clapping "yay!" I would be frickin embarrassed by it.

And if this was the other foot, with randy lesbains everywere, we wouldn't just be me with a few posts, it would the the media freaking out. Just because it's homosexual males rather than lesbians, or straights or whatever doesn't give him a free pass to preach it people. I'm not there to watch a gay pride rally, i'm there to watch a sci-fi show. And i'm sure thats the case with most people, including homosexuals .

The "political agenda" is not outside the show as a separate entity. It is intricately apart of the characters and plot. Discussing the ""political agenda" is discussing "the show".
Also claiming I am against the agenda itself is fallacy as well as insulting. I am against the method used of pushing it, not the agenda itself, which is something else entirely.

It would probably be best if you apologized.

Last edited:
I'm not going to debate this with you. This thread is for discussing a TV show, and you are taking any opportunity to discuss your opposition to a certain political agenda. Go to the Politics forum with that, but I will not stand for it here. It ends now.

When an agenda has become a major part of a TV show, then I think its well within the limits to discuss said agenda in the thread for that show? Nobody is saying the content of the agenda is bad but the manner in which they are preaching it is lacking subtlety and is done constantly to the point that is has become quite jarring, affecting the quality of the show. I didn't have a problem with the gay element in COE, I felt it was done rather well and natural. Eveything feels a bit forced here. It would be the same if it was an atheist agenda, a right wing/left wing agenda, religious agenda or ANY kind of agenda. Its all in the execution, which is lacking.

If only the whole series was as awesome as that last episode. I figured out how the Miracle worked last episode though, but it was nice to see that I was right.
And Rex Matheson, You're an impossible thing. :awesome:

Actually, I quite liked the finale. Except, dammit! They [blackout]killed Esther and Oswald[/blackout]! Sure, I saw the second one coming a mile away but still.

P.S.: Looks like Captain Jack has a new partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"