Bleach - Part 1

I don't mind what Kubo has done with Unohana/Kenpachi. Quite fitting for the title of Kenpachi. But he better not cop out again.

[BLACKOUT]We finally get to know Unohana, Bankai and all but to see her go out in such a brutal way was not expected.
[/BLACKOUT]
Poetic for sure [BLACKOUT]but I'm not convinced that Unohana is dead. Not in the slightest. Especially knowing this is Kubo we're talking about here.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't understand this chapter. Mostly because of Kubo's confusing drawings, but I don't get Unohana's bankai or why she was stabbed in the end even though she was about to stab Zaraki.

It was all a bit of a blur wasn't it? Kubo being sick is starting to show a bit. The illustrations (even with assistants) are becoming more nonsensical.

I have enjoyed the poetic nature of this entire exchange between Unohana and Zaraki but their supposed history did seem to really come out of nowhere. I mean it was never even hinted at seeing as those two barely ever interact.

There are a couple of theories of what Unohana's Bankai is...

1) Its some sort of illusion and that she broke Zaraki from it so now his full power should be unleashed. Something like that cause its still confusing.

or

2) Her Bankai is some sort of acid that can heal and kill. So Zaraki was literally burned down to his bones but instantly healed. Fits with the whole hurting him to make him stronger Super Saiyan thing. This makes more sense but still its not completely clear

Unohana dying goes back to the saying that the current Kenpachi has to kill the previous one. Unohana has to killed by Zaraki to reach his full potential. Brutal but makes sense considering what we've known.

Edit: Actually ignore the first reason. The second makes far more sense. Unohana is a great healer so her Bankai can instantly kill but her separate healing ability can save a person from it.

Last edited:
We finally get confirmation [BLACKOUT]that Ichigo is half Quincy and half shinigami. And I guess there's a really good chance he is related to Juha Bach now. Also we learn that the surname of Ichigo's mom was already Kurosaki. This opens up the possibility Isshin might actually be related to Kaien if his last name is revealed to be Shiba. Would explain how Ichigo resembles him so much. [/BLACKOUT]

Wow that's a great chapter. I love Isshin's serious face.

This is getting damn good although none of this is really coming to any of us as much of a surprise.

The chapter was a little too slow, either way it's nice to see Aizen again, hope we see more of Juha Bach in the coming weeks

Well, these new revelations are certainly a surprise

NqqdKR7.gif

I don't like the new Zampakutous. The previous one was much more badass looking.

how come the anime stopped??

are they not going to make this current arc into anime??

Probably. But not now. They'll most likely wait for the end of the manga.
The anime was tied with the manga, so they had to stop.

So we're the zangestu's already in the bankai form or were they in shikai?

They may adapt the new arc when it's finished like what was done with Inuyasha, but if the ratings keep like this then i fear it's gonna end up like Reborn!, where the final arcs are not finished.

I liked the new chapter, glad to see more of the villain and these latest events have been quite interesting.

Ratings? It was in the top seller list in Japan not to long ago. It's doing a lot better now. Ranked in at 3rd place for the week of June 9-15.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-21/japanese-comic-ranking-june-9-15
It's not even in the top 10 anymore

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-02/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2013-first-half

And i doubt it will be back to top tem again, the begining of the final arc gave it a small boost but soon after the sales dropped again. Unfortunatelly i don't think we'll ever get this arc animated, unless the planed live-action Bleach film is a major success and gives a boost to the sales.

Yea right.... I honestly don't believe the LAA is going to be successful

And for them to adapt to the final arc?

that would be nuts they would have to make at least 5 films

Lol, i'm loving these vandenreich chapters, and wow

010.png

Implied sex in Bleach :hehe:

[puts down shovel after digging for this thread]

Its kind of annoying how excited the trailer got me when Number One came one. There's a lot you can say about Bleach, but good god, did it have some amazing music.

I'm glad to see it's coming back with great animation, so much care put into it, more time to develop the last arc and, of course, NUMBER ONE!

This can be soooo much better than the manga, which was so incredibly rushed in the end.

Well damn. Not that Bleach ever looked bad, animation-wise. It didn't. But wow, massive upgrade just judging from that trailer.

I'm glad to see it's coming back with great animation, so much care put into it, more time to develop the last arc and, of course, NUMBER ONE!

This can be soooo much better than the manga, which was so incredibly rushed in the end.

I am hoping for a good theme for the Sternritters. Maybe pull some eurobeat.

Well damn. Not that Bleach ever looked bad, animation-wise. It didn't. But wow, massive upgrade just judging from that trailer.

I mean, the production schedule means there were some badly animated episodes, along with the random no action episodes.

Actual trailer. Animation seems to be holding up. And apparently Tite Kubo confirmed that there will be fights in the anime that he was unable to do in the manga. Which, thank god. Because it was so obvious that he was rushing at the end. I assume Grimmjow and the Fullbringers will make it in rather than just disappearing.

Jesus, the animation is ****ing insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"