Bleach - Part 1

590146-bleach_516.png

The 4th character looks serious enough, i don't like how the one in the middle (who's probably the leader) looks like a smiling fat idiot, i thought the Royal Guard was going to be a team with characters as cool, serious and powerful as Yamamoto

just curious.......have they ever explained why they called the series "Bleach?"

just curious.......have they ever explained why they called the series "Bleach?"

If I remember correctly there were a few reasons given by Kubo himself...

1) He thought of calling it 'Black; at first but it was too generic. Bleach suggests white but you would also think of black.

2) When you bleach something you're cleaning/removing stains so Shinigamis purify the souls of hollow.

3) A fun fact that Kubo's favorite Nirvana album is Bleach.

The title "Bleach" doesn't make much sence now that it's about fighting Quincies instead of cleaning souls

590146-bleach_516.png

The 4th character looks serious enough, i don't like how the one in the middle (who's probably the leader) looks like a smiling fat idiot, i thought the Royal Guard was going to be a team with characters as cool, serious and powerful as Yamamoto

I'm going to hold reservation until I see them in full. I do think the faces look goofier than they should, but I can see the guy in the middle being like Ryu & Ken's master from SF IV (forget the name atm). The only ones that really annoy me are the two on the ends. I see some potential in the rest. I just wonder how much this is Kubo having listened to critiques to speed up his arcs, and sped this last one up too fast to correct it. Team Zero should have taken a little more build up, and come off more badass, and serious. In fact, I thought they'd come out with masks on, and not have their appearances revealed until later.

After this chapter i'm begining to like the zero division more,
if they're taking ichigo to the royal palace he's meeting the king sooner than i expected.

Who could ''that'' person be?
Orihime? Hanatarou?

The Spirit king's kinda strange, but i'm begining to like the royal guard more

So, Unohana is actually one of their strongest fighters. This is interesting but makes little sense as to why she doesn't actually ever fight. Hope this plays out well and not for the sake of twists.

All those death stares she gave out makes sense now too. Also explains Kenpachi and Yachiru.

I think once she gets started she loses almost all self control. Maybe she becomes dangerously blood lustful to the point of being a detriment thus her being the perfect teacher to teach Kenpaichi how to control his Zanpakuto without it overtaking his ego and desire for destruction.

So, Unohana is actually one of their strongest fighters. This is interesting but makes little sense as to why she doesn't actually ever fight. Hope this plays out well and not for the sake of twists.

All those death stares she gave out makes sense now too. Also explains Kenpachi and Yachiru.
Actually that was already known, it was already stated that after Yamamoto she was the most powerful shinigami of soul society, which is why i find strange that she didn't become captain commander.

Hope it's this time that Kempachi gets a Bankai, if he's this strong like this imagine him developing all the powers that made Yamamoto and Unohana so powerful.

Always good to hear about Kenpachi's immense power. I'm anticipating what he will become.

Holy bologna.

It's starting to look like Unohana and Kenny have a deep history with one another. Some are theorizing that Unohana is in fact Zaraki's mother. Either way they're incredibly close and share a relationship where Kenny admires her fearlessness and where she finds him weak and holds a sin in regards to him.

This is getting damn good!

[blackout]Mother?[/blackout] Dang, I never considered that. She's one scary woman.
I still don't really get the purpose of this fight.

Ah, that'd be nice.

I'm really hoping neither die though. Kenpachi is easily one of my favorite Bleach characters, and with this being about toughening him up, I doubt he'd die (it would make the fight pointless, but shocking). I always liked Unohana, and wanted to see her fight. So it would also suck if she died the first time she fights, while finally blossoming as a badass character. Instead of mother though, I'm guessing lover.

It's not like she looks older than Kenpachi. It could always be that they ran together before being shinigami (like Renji/Rukia). Or she discovered Kenpachi in the rough part of SS, in his usual manner he challenged her to a fight. He lost a battle for the first time, against her, and fell in love. Then she recruited him. It makes even more sense with her old name being Unohana Yachiru, and Kenpachi naming the pink haired kid Yachiru (unless I'm misunderstanding, and Yachiru is a title like Kenpachi or something).

Bankai Kenpachi is going to be a beast. I'm sure he'll still be under Ichigo, as Ichigo is the hero, and this is a Shonen. However I'm not seeing how they can logically keep playing up the semi-rivaly of who's strongest inbetween Kenpachi, and Byakuya. Given that Kenpachi is receiving special training to surpass SS's strongest Captain. While Byakuya is still on his sick bed after his loss. It's even looking like Renji may pass Byakuya soon unless Byakuya starts training (or plot armor is used).

Then she recruited him. It makes even more sense with her old name being Unohana Yachiru, and Kenpachi naming the pink haired kid Yachiru (unless I'm misunderstanding, and Yachiru is a title like Kenpachi or something).
Yeah, that's the name he gave her because of the one person he ever admired.

I'm really hoping neither die though. Kenpachi is easily one of my favorite Bleach characters, and with this being about toughening him up, I doubt he'd die (it would make the fight pointless, but shocking). I always liked Unohana, and wanted to see her fight. So it would also suck if she died the first time she fights, while finally blossoming as a badass character. Instead of mother though, I'm guessing lover.

It's not like she looks older than Kenpachi. It could always be that they ran together before being shinigami (like Renji/Rukia). Or she discovered Kenpachi in the rough part of SS, in his usual manner he challenged her to a fight. He lost a battle for the first time, against her, and fell in love. Then she recruited him. It makes even more sense with her old name being Unohana Yachiru, and Kenpachi naming the pink haired kid Yachiru (unless I'm misunderstanding, and Yachiru is a title like Kenpachi or something).
In Shonens that's kinda tricky, and i got the impression she was as old as Yamamoto

Not much happens but quite poetic with Unohana and Kenpachi.

That was actually incredibly beautiful. Now I get what she's doing.

I think Kenny is going to realize this but will still manage to restrain himself from killing her (even when unlocking his Zanpakuto as he doesn't want to kill her).

Poetic is right.

Aparently Bleach didn't came out this week due to kubo being sick, with the double issue we'll have to wait longer this week to get the new chapter

I don't mind what Kubo has done with Unohana/Kenpachi. Quite fitting for the title of Kenpachi. But he better not cop out again.

[BLACKOUT]We finally get to know Unohana, Bankai and all but to see her go out in such a brutal way was not expected.
[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"