Playstation Bloodborne

I wouldn't be shocked if they update a few things and change some stuff around. I don't expect this to have a 2 or 3 in it or whatever.. It could play like Demon's Souls yet be an entirely different and original property.

If that makes sense. I dunno. I just got off a 9 hour shift.

Yeah, but if you are making a similar game, from the same creative people, and have the exclusive rights to use the name "Demon's Souls," I don't know why you wouldn't. Especially considering the weight that both "Souls" names have at this point.

A trailer for this during Sony's E3, ending in a big Demon's Souls 2, would make me a very happy person. Everything from this looks fantastic so far, and if I didn't already have a PS4, an exclusive Souls game would definitely make me get one.

Last edited:
It's obviously cut from the same cloth, but I hope it's somewhat different as well. I don't want the Souls games to wear out their welcome.

I think there will be differences ,but I'm talking about the core gameplay, I think the main aspect of Souls needs to stay the same.

Mods should probably change the title thread

14389975724f169311968opng-b686da.png

144111834130afd077c0fopng-b686d9.png

142044417008695603c36opng-e0eb3c.png

This thing looks gorgeous

New details on the PS Blog

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/bloodborne-coming-exclusively-to-ps4-in-2015-new-details/

I'm glad it's staying with the "Souls" style gameplay.

hope it means we can customize our characters.

The Soul's games do. They just don't feed it to you like other games.

As much as I like the Souls games.. I think this one looks much more interesting.

What kind of game is this? If it's like Elder Scrolls and those kind of games, I'm not interested.

Ehh kinda. The Souls games are pretty hardcore RPG’s, that are very difficult. They are action based, but require extreme strategy mixed with quick wits. And stats are extremely important like older school RPG’s.

As for the IGN article that got me excited, but what made me laugh the guy writing the article claims he only played 2 hours of Demon’s Souls and seems to act like he understood how Souls games play, and how this was different. Everything he described was…a Souls game. The “speed” he is talking about comes in Souls games when you update your stats more. As a Knight in Dark Souls/Demon’s Souls you move very slowly at first. But as you increase certain stats by the end I moved very quickly. So I think he does not seem to realize he is pretty much still talking about a Souls game at its core. But very excited after reading that. I can’t believe it will come out in early 2015.

Just watched some vids. Ehh...I really hate stats heavy RPGs with whacky animations and bad camera work. I guess these kind of games aren't for me. Unfortunately. I love the idea of werewolves as enemies!

Camera work was never bad in any of the Souls games.

The Soul's games do. They just don't feed it to you like other games.

From what I have seen they don't, I have played both Demon souls and Dark souls and neither had a good story or could be called story driven. Its all about gameplay and kudos to them as that's their main focus. I like my game with a bit more dept and history, Witcher series and Dragonage come to mind. I want to be immersed in the fantasy world not wondering what big boss I will have to fight.

They do tell stories, through the lore of weapons, and Demon's Souls actually told a story. Not saying it was the thickest like some other RPG's. But it was there. And sorry. Souls immersed me into a world much more then most other RPG's. Exploring a world has rarely been as enticing to me as it was with Souls.

There are more ways to tell a story than through cutscenes. :/

graphics look great...gameplay looks horrible. It looks like your weapon doesn't even make contact with the enemy when you hit it.

Everyone else sure is saying exactly the opposite.

Leaked gameplay trailer showcasing the obviously horrible gameplay:

[YT]DQTCKImXXZc[/YT]

There are more ways to tell a story than through cutscenes. :/

Couldn't agree more, shame that the Souls series are not telling a good story.:yay:

They do tell stories, through the lore of weapons, and Demon's Souls actually told a story. Not saying it was the thickest like some other RPG's. But it was there. And sorry. Souls immersed me into a world much more then most other RPG's. Exploring a world has rarely been as enticing to me as it was with Souls.

I didn't say their wasn't an attempted implementation of a story but clearly that wasn't a priority with these games and its blatantly obvious in the poor lore.

I haven't played any of the Demon/Dark Souls games, but this looks really cool. I'm digging the atmosphere and the enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"