The Dark Knight BOF have 1st pic of the Batman's costume for TDK (sorta...)

actually i prefer shorter ears. reminds me of jim lee's or lee berjemo's batman

I think shorter ears can look good. It all depends on the shape of them and the cowl. Plus, I think it'll look fitting with a slimmer batsuit. (The shorter ears would look odd with the bulkier suit from Batman Begins.

-Matchbox

i'm reposting what Nivek said in the Batsuit thread:

Well, they are not anything Bale will be wearing, I can tell you that much. These are probobly stunt masks, or maybe some people are wearing Batman costumes in background shots for some reason. They wouldn't lay "Hero" masks (the ones you see in medium and close shots) in a crate like that, they would be on human head lifecasts in order to hold the form between shots. So right there that sets off warning whistles.

Anyone who's done anything with production work can tell you that. But like I said, there are so many con's going on, who's to say if it's a set pic anyway?

slightly shorter ears is fine by me. It will be a different look then we have seen before and just as long as it looks practical. I'm sure it will since the new suit will be lighter in weight and sleeker which allow Bale alot more flexibility and movement. It will be better for stealth purposes..

slightly shorter ears is fine by me. It will be a different look then we have seen before and just as long as it looks practical. I'm sure it will since the new suit will be lighter in weight and sleeker which allow Bale alot more flexibility and movement. It will be better for stealth purposes..
Yeah but I hope they dont make too many major changes on the costume

i'm reposting what Nivek said in the Batsuit thread:
well if they are stunt masks that still means that bale will also have shorter ears. because i dont belie that eh stunt guys would have different masks.

about people wearing batman masks in the background: is this spiderman

batman day?

i doubt that the public knwos how batman looks. so its just not makign sense.

There will never, ever be a Batman day. That would be a criminal thing to do. Infact it woud make me walk out of the cinema, just like the Bat Credit Card did 'Dont leave home without it'.

I've thought about it, and I don't really care that the ears are shorter.

I prefer to think that they are a bit like Matt Wagner's Batman.

85.jpg

Mazzuchelli.
batmonst.jpg

Wagner.

Wagner and Mazzuchelli are probably my favorite Batman artists.

Along with Rogers, Bolland, Sale and Breyfogle. I also have a lot of time for Jim Lee, and Graham Nolan - did great work in Devil's Advocate.
But that's neither here nor there.

Looks like the same cowl...but we never heard about a cowl change, just a costume switcheroo. The man has 10,000 already, I dont think he change things up yet. Same cowl new threads, same belt and symbol in my opinion

Maybe WB is planning something like what they did with the begins suit, and will reveal the new suit on some magazine probly EW.

i would love that to happen but i wanna see a clearer picture than the one we got of the begins suit reveal. As for the artists, which version/rendition of batman i like the most well there are a few

Adam's version like someone said its like the classic standard batman look.

But to me jim lee's batman is the one I like the most. But there's others as well.

Looks like the same cowl...but we never heard about a cowl change, just a costume switcheroo. The man has 10,000 already, I dont think he change things up yet. Same cowl new threads, same belt and symbol in my opinion

I don't know. I think its too late for a costume change. I would have loeved a new fabric suit for BB, but now, for the sake of continuity, i hope they stray true to the tried and frequently tested, rubber bat-suit.

Infact, apart from those ridiculous cape claps, i'd be happy if we get exactly the same thing again.:yay:

The ears do appear shorter but it's hard to tell because it's lying down. I'm not looking forward to shorter ears if this is the case (i thought the ears in BB was borderline short to begin with).

Too short ears, starts making bats look like CATwoman, more so that BATman.

if i can correct you.
he has 10.000 cowls. thats the thing that alfred tests.
i doubt that bruce has 10.... ears( where the hearing device comes)

The ears do appear shorter but it's hard to tell because it's lying down. I'm not looking forward to shorter ears if this is the case (i thought the ears in BB was borderline short to begin with).

Too short ears, starts making bats look like CATwoman, more so that BATman.
i am not 100% sure if the maks is real or not.
but fact is that the ears are shorter.

well if they are stunt masks that still means that bale will also have shorter ears. because i dont belie that eh stunt guys would have different masks..

i'm thinking they would, specially if its gonna be used for stunt sequences. the regular longer ears could actually be a risky since they could get caught easier compared to the shorter ears.

what kinda tips me off is the design of the neck area. the BB mask doesnt look like that. but then again we dont know if that design is because its a stunt mask (and nothing more) or if the new cowl redesigned the neck area also.

too early to tell with too little info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"