Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 has shipped 5M units to date, XCOM a 'critical and commercial success'

(5 hours ago)

Gearbox Software's Borderlands 2 has shipped 5 million units to date, Take-Two interactive announced this morning in its second quarter financials. The company also noted that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is "proving to be a critical and commercial success." Both games are remarked as having "strong digital sales."

"Take-Two's second quarter revenue and earnings exceeded our outlook, driven by the breakout success of 2K's Borderlands 2 and robust demand for our catalog and digitally delivered offerings," noted Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick. "Moreover, with Grand Theft Auto 5 slated for spring 2013, we are poised to generate substantial revenue and earnings growth in fiscal year 2014."

Gearbox releasing special Halloween skin SHIFT codes today for Borderlands 2
(3 hours ago)

Gearbox is spooking things up today by releasing special SHIFT codes for Borderlands 2. The codes will unlock Halloween-themed character customization skins, including the above buzzy little number for Maya.

The giveaway kicks offs at 11AM ET (8AM Pacific, 3PM British) on Gearbox's Twitter and Borderlands' Facebook pages, and codes will be active until November 5 at 0.55AM ET. For extra fun, dress up like the skin you win when you go Halloween-ing tonight. Even though people won't get it, you'll definitely look super cool*.

*Joystiq offers no guarantee of your cosmetic coolness

This is out to day for those that want it on the IOS or want to check it out.

[YT]1Fcu1p_4g10[/YT]

Trailers

Borderlands Legends Launch Trailer

Borderlands Legends is now available on iOS for both iPad and iPhone and brings the high-octane action of the Borderlands universe to the palm of your hand. The game stars the original set of Vault Hunters from the first game and sees them fending off wave after wave of enemies in various arenas from a top down perspective

Both Borderlands 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown currently hold near 90 Metacritic ratings.

Source: Take-Two Gearbox Software/Joystiq & EPD.Tv/ ROTR/Youtube

The Art of Borderlands 2 up for preorder on Amazon

(9 minutes ago)

The Art of Borderlands 2 is, as you might expect, a hardcover art book that celebrates the look and design of Gearbox's latest gun-grabbing first-person shooter. It's available for preorder right now from Amazon.com, for a discounted price of $25.00, down from the usual cost of $40.00.

If you can't get enough of Pandora and its combat-prone inhabitants, this should help. The book features over 200 pages of concept and production art, along with insight and commentary from the developers on how it all got put together.

The book is set for a publication date of November 5, so there's plenty of time to grab this one and get it wrapped and under the tree for your local gun nut before the holidays.

I didn't finish my first playthrough of this. Unfortunately all that Badass rank glitch stuff starting hitting people and I got too worried about it to get back into the game, and now AC is out and Halo is just around the corner. Hopefully Gearbox will get all the character/save corruption **** under control by the time I come back.

I was almost done the game too, and bought the season pass. I just have no interest in risking a rank wipe.

Apparently it's a very isolated incident. I still play this game daily and have never experienced problems like that. Knock on wood!

Man, True Vault Hunter mode is kicking my ass. I like it though, because it's actually difficult. Playing games that hold your hand through the whole thing is so dull. I'm at lv 48 right now, hoping to give Terramorphous a try by next weekend.

Gearbox revealed an all-new season of Claptrap web series begins today. The first episode goes behind-the-scenes into the production of Borderlands 2.

[YT]yhV4Zr-4LUQ[/YT]

source: youtube

Almost done with the first Borderlands, got a few Rust Commons missions, then Salt Flats left to go, but then I've gotta get through all the DLC. Loving this game though and can't wait to get started on number 2.

this should make alot of people happy

Borderlands 2 updated to prevent sabotage exploit on Xbox 360

(4 hours ago)

The Xbox 360 version of Borderlands 2 was updated today to "prevent data loss" from an exploit caused by a third-party program.

The exploit reportedly could wipe progress or delete characters entirely. At the time, publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software provided a workaround to avoid the exploit.

The Gearbox Software update log noted today: "Added security to prevent data loss tied to malicious violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct through an unsupported third-party program."

And that should be that. Happy vault hunting!
Source: Gearbox Software

Hmm...is that what was causing the loss of Badass ranks or no?

Hmm...is that what was causing the loss of Badass ranks or no?
No I think this was a different deal from the bad ass Rank issue. Our own Master chief that post's on the hype warned us of this issue a page over.

• Borderlands 2 Heads To Mac

News
    on Nov 08, 2012 at 05:30 PM

2K Games announced a Mac port of Borderlands 2 arrives on November 20. The port is being handled by Aspyr Media, which brought several other titles to the Mac platform.
    ... More
source: GI

which means it'll be on the Steam version for Mac for players as well.

Last edited:

• Mr. Torgue’s Campaign Of Carnage Is Borderlands 2's Next DLC

News
    hot-post.png

on Nov 15, 2012 at 01:45 PM

We don't have all the details just yet, but the second download content for Borderlands 2 is called "Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage."
    ... More
  • And here's a short trailer
    Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage

Torgue DLC Teaser Trailer

Mr. Torgue has a few choice words for the current, non-exploding state of Pandora's living creatures.

source: GI & GT

A bit of macho man randy Savage in him.

Last edited:
Man, I still have this on my radar and I was hoping to get it by the end of the year, but seeing as how the DLC is still flowing out for this, I'm thinking that maybe it's better to wait for a complete edition.

Torgue DLC: Maya Gameplay

We hunt down Pyro Pete as Maya in this gameplay footage from Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage.

Torgue DLC Walkthrough

Before you step into the ring, get ready for the explosive combat with our walkthrough of Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC for Borderlands 2.

Torgue DLC Gameplay

Be sure to sign the legal waiver before watching this badass gameplay from Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage.

source: GT

Man, I still have this on my radar and I was hoping to get it by the end of the year, but seeing as how the DLC is still flowing out for this, I'm thinking that maybe it's better to wait for a complete edition.

They're planning on doing DLC well into next year apparently, so it'll be a long wait for a complete edition.

Well then I guess I'm better off renting the game for the main campaign until then, because I really don't want to pay nearly full price for the game and then more for the pass. I got the original for free on PS+ and finished it, but I didn't renew my account so I'm thinking of buying the GOTY Edition so I can finally play the DLC in that too.

There's just so many other games that I still want to buy/rent but can't at the moment, so I want to make sure I can get as much as I can.

Just ordered this out of the blue (good price only £26 new). I still haven't finished Borderlands 1 though.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-s-Campaign-of-Carnage--Dated-and-Priced.html

Borderlands 2 'Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage' Dated and Priced

Gearbox has confirmed that Borderlands 2's second dose of campaign DLC will be arriving next week, meaning that you'll be able to indulge in some more loot and shoot action in Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage rather soon.

Set within Torgue's newly-constructed Badass Crater of Badassitude, the new storyline takes you to new locations and has you tackling new bosses with new guns. There'll also be new character customisation skins and other extras, as well as cameos from the likes of Tiny Tina and Mad Moxxi.

You'll be able to get hold of Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage from November 20th for 800 Microsoft Points. It's the second of four add-ons that form part of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, which can be downloaded for 2400 Microsoft Points. Check out the first three images from the Torgue DLC below.

Nov 20 (coming Tuesday) for 800 MSP or with season pass

Well then I guess I'm better off renting the game for the main campaign until then, because I really don't want to pay nearly full price for the game and then more for the pass. I got the original for free on PS+ and finished it, but I didn't renew my account so I'm thinking of buying the GOTY Edition so I can finally play the DLC in that too.

There's just so many other games that I still want to buy/rent but can't at the moment, so I want to make sure I can get as much as I can.
well I am still waiting on the GOTY Edition cause I did buy the first and Arkham I bought the Games and then the GOTY Editions came and I wound up picking the latters to finish them up. and I'm just trying to be smart for a change and just pick up the GOTY Edition. when need my fix I head back to the first or one of my buddies lets me play with them on their systems when their not playing.

any way I helped them level up when they picked up the Game late they'll do the same for me when I finally pick this up. it's another cool part about playing this game.

Last edited:
GOTY always the way to go if you can hold out. Don't know any other way of getting a load of DLC so cheap and it doesn't even take up space on your hard drive.

Depends what you want out of your game, though. The problem with GOTY on a game like this is that you miss a huge portion of the online aspect because by the time GOTY comes out people have moved on.

Unless you don't care about doing loot runs and stuff, in which case it wouldn't matter.

Depends what you want out of your game, though. The problem with GOTY on a game like this is that you miss a huge portion of the online aspect because by the time GOTY comes out people have moved on.

Unless you don't care about doing loot runs and stuff, in which case it wouldn't matter.

Well my brother and I are both waiting for the GOTY edition. We'll be running through it together.

Don't worry my buddies will play. it's not like what happen with latest multplayer. and we played left 4 dead for a very freaking long time. we did the same with the first borderlands it'll be no different for this. be side I think half of the are fallowing my lead. and it's a good test of patience on my part. can't do that with mass effect series and I'm kinda screwed on the Arkham series ,( not co-op or multiplat )as I had to pick up both the first part then the GOTYs after wards. (they were still worth it btw) But this I can do that with and still have all I need when the time arrives.

Last edited:

Yeah, personally for me, I've never been a fan of multiplayer or online play overall, so it doesn't bother me. In fact, I think the only time I played Borderlands online was to get one of the trophies for killing a boss, since I didn't have a second controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"