Bought/thought 02/07/07

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
Didn't buy it but "aquired" a copy of the final part of clone saga just to see how this awful mess ends up. So looking forward to Dread's review! :DCan't be bothered to do a summary for this polished turd so I nicked one from comicbook resources :o
The issue starts off at The Baxter Building where Reed Richards is asking Peter if he wants to be cured. Peter is astonished, but tells Reed he'll have to think about it. Peter takes off to go see Aunt May, and Mj stays behind at the Baxter Building. Minutes after he leaves Nick Fury shows up asking where Peter is so he can contain the situation. Mj can't understand why Fury wants to arrest Peter so much and tells Fury that in a way Peter looks up to him as a father figure. This gets to Fury and he leaves. Next, Kitty and the X-men fly over Queens looking at the damage. Jean listens in on S.H.E.I.L.D. Agents thoughts and hears that Peter's aunt is in the hospital. Next Page, Peter sits beside Aunt May's bed feeling horrible about what has happened. He begins to talk to her (even though she is asleep). He tells her he is so sorry for lying to her and that he should have told her. He also tells her he thinks of her as his mother. Then Nick Fury walks in. Peter gets pretty angry with him for building the spider-slayers. Fury tells him that he did it incase Peter snapped and became some big super-villian. He just wanted to be prepared. He tells Peter that is he doesn't screw eveything up that he may become something special. As he leaves he tells Fury to tell Reed that he says no to the offer. Outside the room Jean & Kitty are cloaked listening to the conversation. Kitty begs Prof. X to erase Aunt May's memory so tht she won't remember Peter being Spidey, but Prof. X says no and Kitty gets pissed. Inside the room May wakes up and tells Peter that his costume is horrible (I love tht line) and she hugs him with tears in her eyes. Back in Queens Mj is reunited with her mom. Somewhere else Peter & Spider-woman meet. She tells im tht she is going to leave and become Jessica Drew and maybe be a super-hero, and then they hug as Jessica says, "Ready for the most awkward hug ever?" (another good line). Next page, Nick Fury stands in a S.H.E.I.L.D. facility with a group of scientists looking at Scorpion & Gwen-Carnage sedated in two display tanks. Fury tells the scientists to get to work (interesting). Queens the next day, Peter looks at the damage at his house. Mj walks up. She tells him that she told her mom Norman Osborn attacked her and Spidey saved her. Mj's mom comes on the scene on she tells Peter tht he will be staying with them. Mj tells Peter tht she is glad tht she has him back and they kiss. In the background Kitty watches as they do. Later, as Mj brushes her teeth she looks in the mirror and shes a reflection of Kaine behind her. She turns around screaming, but it's only Peter behind her.
An abortion in comicbook form :(

So you haven't actually bought any comics hippy.

Dude, you're an ********, Not Jake has been chomping at the bit to start one of these.

It matters to him, and that matters to everyone.

It matters to him, and that matters to everyone.

Blame the guy who started it the week after jake got back
I read the book, hated it, wanted to ***** about it. It's not like this is some personal vendetta against jake. Pfft! Get a mod to make a sticky for next week if it's that much of an issue. GNR normally starts these anyway :confused:

If that's me you are referring, I didn't know Jake wanted the thread. You did.

Do'h, do'h.

Do'h, do'h, do'h.

If that's me you are referring to, I didn't know Jake wanted the thread. You did.

Was not actually aware this was some rule. Anyway we've had a page of dsicussion and only one comment on comics so I'll get a mod to lock this thread so darth can whine at the next person. It's a name on a thread? Who cares? GNR normally starts these I don't know what you referring to jake for? :confused:

Blame the guy who started it the week after jake got back
I read the book, hated it, wanted to ***** about it. It's not like this is some personal vendetta against jake. Pfft! Get a mod to make a sticky for next week if it's that much of an issue. GNR normally starts these anyway :confused:

I highly doubt you read the book in the first place.:o

Was not actually aware this was some rule. Anyway we've had a page of dsicussion and only one comment on comics so I'll get a mod to lock this thread so darth can whine at the next person. It's a name on a thread? Who cares? GNR normally starts these I don't know what you referring to jake for? :confused:

I 'm literally rolling on the floor in laughter at how seriously you took my comment.

I highly doubt you read the book in the first place.:o

just because I'm boycotting a book, doesn't mean I'm not going to at least remain informed. This was a key issue for this particular train-wreck so I went against my better judgements and read it...:(

Holy Red X triple post Batman!:wow: :cwink:

Oh, and USM Clone Saga has not been that bad...I've quite enjoyed it, and it has some lasting reprocusions. Jessica Drew is a cast member now, Aunt May knows Peter's secret, Peter and Nick have a sort of understanding now, Scorpian is still around, and we possibly have Gwen back, plus there is a storm coming in the Peter/Kitty/MJ dept.

I have enjoyed it most of it.

Holy Red X triple post Batman!:wow: :cwink:

Oh, and USM Clone Saga has not been that bad...I've quite enjoyed it, and it has some lasting reprocusions. Jessica Drew is a cast member now, Aunt May knows Peter's secret, Peter and Nick have a sort of understanding now, Scorpian is still around, and we possibly have Gwen back, plus there is a storm coming in the Peter/Kitty/MJ dept.

I have enjoyed it most of it.

I'd rather run my balls through a bansaw than read another USM book after MJGoblin.

IMO Peter should stay with Kitty. MJ is okay but I think Peter and Kitty should be together she works better with him.

I'd rather run my balls through a bansaw than read another USM book after MJGoblin.

Yea, that was the one stupid part of the whole saga...but it was temporary and no longer a problem. If Bendis made it permanent, then I might be a little more on the hate bandwagon.....but as of now, I still enjoy the book.

Heck, even if there is a vestige of the Goblin still in her....it will be fixed at some point. Bendis would permanently make her a Gobbie.

So it's ok.:woot:

IMO Peter should stay with Kitty. MJ is okay but I think Peter and Kitty should be together she works better with him.

You know, I like her and Peter together too. It is another universe, why not make a major change and move away from the MJ/Peter relationship.

Got subs last night. Don't know if I have any intelligent thoughts though (although I don't know why today should be any different from every other day.)

New Avengers #27
- Focuses on Echo/Ronin. Gives an explanation as to why she's a dude (I'm sure people will complain, but it's sufficient for me.) First appearance of the new New Avengers, and I kinda like it. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Uncanny X-Men # 483 - Basically, Vulcan and Deathbird get it on, and she gets him to revive D'Ken. Hilarity ensues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"