Bought/thought 02/07/07

I had to take a bath afterward, but I bought New Avengers #27. All I have to says is, not bad, not bad.

I'm glad you didn't hate it. I thought it was pretty good and seeing the new team was enjoyable as well.

Wow, you really suck, Phere. You could've at least read it in the shop and slunk away quietly if you really felt the need to read it. But putting down money for it? You've shamed us all. :(

When did hating the Avengers become a fad? :cmad:

I thought that as well at first, but people were more pissed that Hawkeye, and those two other guys died. It wasn't until the first issue that people really started to go "This book sucks!" Or whatever.

I thought that as well at first, but people were more pissed that Hawkeye, and those two other guys died. It wasn't until the first issue that people really started to go "This book sucks!" Or whatever.

I actually think it was the Electro fainting scene that kicked it off.

Really? I would have to say it was the Jigsaw breaking Spideys arm scene.

Ah, yeah, there you go. That very well could have been the starting point.

Epic Moment of the Week, Spider-Man Reign: "Whenever there's a hang-up. Whenever there's a bang-up. Here comes the Spider-Maaaaannnnnn!"

New Avengers: I liked it. Shoot me, flame me, meh. It was decent. Pretty much because of Yu.

Ms Marvel: Twelve issues in and I still love this book.

Action Annual: Fun read. I liked the "Who is Clark Kent's Big Brother?" story the best.

Detective: I am making it my mission to hunt down Dini, tie him up, and never let him off this book.

Nightwing: Wolfman's first issue was great, but every issue after that has become worse than the previous. This issue had some nice moments, but rather pointless.

Shazam: I caved. Six bucks. I think it was worth it though.

Incredible Hulk: To sum of this issue in three words: Hulk has secks.

Ant-Man: It's hard to read this, it's so enjoyable yet you know it will end soon. I wish Kirkman was this good on Ultimate X-Men.

Uncanny X-Men: The Vulcan issues have been the weakest part of this twelve part arc. Like Spoony said, there's bird sex in this, so if you're into that, this is the book for you.

I wish Ant-Man were a mini so I won't be surprised when it gets das boot :csad:

anybody else read the ms.marvel one shot last week I had a real :whatever: moment when it was revealed
that the whole point of the book was to introduce a get out of ***** free deus ex machina
I mean seriously...seriously

I"m pretty sure it's nanites put into her via Registration.

Because they want the Registration side to look worse and worse and worse and worse until you have to hate it.

uh ...not really, her book was just the courier it coulda been anyone's one-shot

I like how you responded with nothing to do to my post, and still said it was wrong.

What happened? I didn't read it. Explain please. :o

He said something about Ms. Marvel's comic whole point is showing some form of deux ex machina, where I added in, saying it's probably some Iron Man nanite, and then he said I'm wrong, that the point of the comic was some form of deux ex machina.

Which ultimately made no sense to me.

The Authority Books 1 and 2-As much of a Millar fan I am,I don't think anybody could trump Ellis' run on this baby.The first 3 stories were just so kickass and "widescreen",I couldn't see the final arc in Book 2 entitled "Nativity" topping it.Millar's first story was alright,nothing compared to Ellis' stuff and not as epic,but I am going to pick up "Earth Inferno" to see how Queitly's last arc played out.

Planetary Books 1 and 2Hmmmmm?!A complete opposite to the Authority,but a real mind bender.The individual stories are all original and really imaginative,but you can slowly see things fitting together in the background.I enjoyed alot of the concepts in these books,stuff like the monster island,the ghost cop,the secret society of superhumans,the "four",city zero,etc.There is so much to take in that it is simply impossible to grasp it all in one read.

He said something about Ms. Marvel's comic whole point is showing some form of deux ex machina, where I added in, saying it's probably some Iron Man nanite, and then he said I'm wrong, that the point of the comic was some form of deux ex machina.

Which ultimately made no sense to me.

So....what was this Dues ex Machina, and does he really know what Deus ex Machina means? And does this look infected?

made you look

Well,

she became infected with some zombie-esque virus, and then everything went white, and she heard some words, some being what looks like a reference to Iron Man, talking about activating something about her right arm where the infection was, and then she kind of woke back up, free from her little infection which was threatening her life.

So it COULD be a deus ex machina, but I'm assuming only in certain situations.

Well,

she became infected with some zombie-esque virus, and then everything went white, and she heard some words, some being what looks like a reference to Iron Man, talking about activating something about her right arm where the infection was, and then she kind of woke back up, free from her little infection which was threatening her life.

So it COULD be a deus ex machina, but I'm assuming only in certain situations.

Her recovery could be related to the wounds she received while fighting the Cru alien. This happened in issue #3. Since then she's had a strange dream with voices.

Could be. It just seemed like Tony's voice, given the print, and how Tony's voice was being portrayed lately.

Something about a Deus ex Machina in Ms. Marvel where Tony might be controlling her actions and when exactly did people start hating the Avengers. Also, GNR did a review about how kickass Planetary and Authority was. And I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"