Bought/Thought February 4, 2009 - SPOILERS

Well, I'm sure Tony claims to be black from the waist down.

Well, I'm sure Tony claims to be black from the waist down.
Nah dude, all machine from the waist down. He switched out his little man for a StarkTech DeF***Rillator 9000.

Haha,i was just trying to be funny guys thats all, i'm black myself so i dont think i intended it to be a racist comment. I hear white kids say stuff like "kiss my black ass" all the time. lol

Haha,i was just trying to be funny guys thats all, i'm black myself so i dont think i intended it to be a racist comment. I hear white kids say stuff like "kiss my black ass" all the time. lol
I'm not especially fond of white kids doing that. I think it's like when white kids say n*****, and then justify it with, "But black people say it so it's OK. They don't mind."

I think they're just trying to ape famous comedians more than being overtly racist, myself.

I feel the same way, it doesnt really bother me when white kids say n***** cause most of the time they're using it in a humorous context. To me its just a word, but i can totally understand how other blacks are offended by it. then again its all about context in my opinion.

Well, anyone saying that particular word bugs me. But then, women calling themselves b****es like it's a good thing annoy me, too. I'm not much of a believer in this whole "take the words of our oppressors and make them our own" thing.

I feel the same way, it doesnt really bother me when white kids say n***** cause most of the time they're using it in a humorous context. To me its just a word, but i can totally understand how other blacks are offended by it. then again its all about context in my opinion.

I think the best explanation of it I've heard is we as white people haven't ever and aren't ever gonna be in a position to not get a job or get denied a loan or get the **** kicked out of you by the police because hey, **** you ******. So we leave that word alone because we're not coming from the same place the people it's been historically applied to are coming from.

Or maybe that's all ********, I dunno? I mostly figure I know all kinds of swearwords that roll right off the tongue and get people pissed off for no actual mother****ing reason at all, I can live without one more that there's an actual explainable answer for why it pisses people the **** off.

I can't figure out what the **** the *s in this thread are censoring anymore.

There's just too much mutha 'uckin' cursing going on in this shi'. Knowumsayin'?

**** **** ****** mormon penis **** elevator mother****ers! (I didn't want to be left out, *****es)

Dread, yor forgetting Savage Steel as one of Darkhawks rogues..

He was pretty badass.

I'm ambivalent about Mormons because Mike Allred is one and he seems like a nice, not-crazy guy. :huh:

With Norman in charge and appearing in all these Marvel comics, I was wondering if when DC made Lex Luthor president, did he make appearances in the other DC titles, or did it mainly stay in the Superman ones?

With Norman in charge and appearing in all these Marvel comics, I was wondering if when DC made Lex Luthor president, did he make appearances in the other DC titles, or did it mainly stay in the Superman ones?
He made appearances when it made sense. He didn't just get foisted into every freaking title, no. He appeared as President whenever the Presidency was involved in a story.

Yeah, Lex taking the presidency was handled very differently from Norman gaining his political role. There wasn't a huge deal made about it in Lex's case. He was elected as president and he pretty much just did his job because he realized that there were more important things on his plate now than personal vendettas; plus, he was finally in a position of power comparable to Superman's.

Yeah, Lex taking the presidency was handled very differently from Norman gaining his political role. There wasn't a huge deal made about it in Lex's case. He was elected as president and he pretty much just did his job because he realized that there were more important things on his plate now than personal vendettas; plus, he was finally in a position of power comparable to Superman's.
Well, he did cut that deal with Apokolips.

Yeah, he did some underhanded stuff, but generally speaking, he was not a bad president. Not until what I now realize was the start of this shift back to Silver Ageyness at DC, when he donned that ugly purple and green armor and went into full-on mad scientist mode. Unless that wasn't him. I can't remember which Luthor was which in specific things leading up to Infinite Crisis anymore.

Yeah, he did some underhanded stuff, but generally speaking, he was not a bad president. Not until what I now realize was the start of this shift back to Silver Ageyness at DC, when he donned that ugly purple and green armor and went into full-on mad scientist mode. Unless that wasn't him. I can't remember which Luthor was which in specific things leading up to Infinite Crisis anymore.
That was him. The only Luthor that was actually Alexander Luthor was the one running the Secret Society. So after that first Superman-Batman arc, anytime you saw Luthor in a business suit was Alexander, and anytime you saw crazy-eyes Lex in his Hulkbuster armor, that was Lex.

I think Waller mentioned in Rucka's Adventures of Superman that her whole career under Luthor was spent covering up his shady doings. He did a lot of impeachable, corrupt **** but, yeah, he wasn't stupid about it.

I don't remember that bit about Waller. S***, maybe I have to rethink this "Lex was a good president" stance. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"