BOUGHT/THOUGHT for January 9, 2008

There are parts I didn't like; for example, the great cast of supporting characters have pretty much been done away with and OYL is now forgotten somewhat by having Selina give up her child. But, I do like how we get the Salvation Run storyline that is currently happening.
Eh, I dropped it before we got to the Salvation Run stuff. I would've preferred seeing Selina stick with the Outsiders, but whatever.

Yeah. Dixon had to write her and the Martian Manhunter out in a hurry due to editorial mandate, which resulted in the rather awkward scenes of the Manhunter suddenly deciding that the Outsiders needed more communication with the JLA and ditching them because of it and Catwoman claiming that she was hired ostensibly for infiltration and didn't like seeing so much action.

No J'onn, either? I'm glad I didn't waste my money on this. :up:

Yeah, the team is markedly worse. Batgirl's on now, but Dixon hasn't shown he knows how to write her yet. I'm worried it may just be another horrible cluster**** in the long, post-OYL list of horrible clluster****s she's been the victim of. But I'm giving him an arc or two to see how it goes because I like Dixon and I still like about half of the Outsiders team.

I was interested primarily in Dixon's writing, the good art and J'onn.

I never cared about her. I might check out the back issues if I hear good things in a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"