Bought/Thought, July 1st, 2009 - There Will Be Spoilers

Oh okay.

For a minute I was actually considering watching the show.

I won't tell you not to. I think it's overrated, never said it was a bad show.

Eh, it's overrated in the sense that Wolverine is overrated. There's good material there, but people become so fanatical over it that they blow it up into more than it really is. It's an entertaining show with some good mysteries and a refreshing take on some sci fi concepts. No more, no less.

Meh. Unless its like BSG or Dexter quality I really don't want to bother.

Wow, Blader, my mind is blown. And to think, I actually liked Way's Deadpool trade that you recommended to me. It's going straight in the trash now, mister! :cmad:

Eh, it's overrated in the sense that Wolverine is overrated. There's good material there, but people become so fanatical over it that they blow it up into more than it really is. It's an entertaining show with some good mysteries and a refreshing take on some sci fi concepts. No more, no less.

I'm not talking to you.:cmad:

BSG and "quality" don't belong in the same sentence.

Except for that one.

Of course, you have no idea what quality is so your opinion is void here, and on well everything.

Okay, let's be honest though. Season 4? Kinda embarrassing.

I would only say that's true for the first couple of episodes.
Once the rebel Cylons hooked up with the fleet the rest of the season was downright awesome imo.

BSG doesn't have a season 5, ya silly goose.

Yeah, I was talking about Lost until I edited. I was confused because season 4 of Lost is pretty easily its best season, as far as I'm concerned. The question to answer ratio in that season is just right.

Justice League: A Cry for Justice

Well the title doesn't lie. There are like five times throughout the book where a character literally yells JUSTIIIIIICE!!!!!!! Like that interlude in NWA's F*** the Police. This book could potentially be a giant misstep. Does Hal Jordan really need more coverage? He's already going to be the center of this summer's event. And Ollie really didn't show any real motivation in following Hal, especially since his wife is chairwoman. Why did he marry her again?
The rest of the characters I don't really give to big of a **** about. Ray Palmer hasn't done anything interesting since Identity Crisis and honestly, being in Countdown just stacked the cards against him. I keep hearing how fantastic Robinson's writing is (or was, I suppose) but I still have not read anything by him that knocked my argyle socks off. Then again, I haven't read his Starman series.
Although I am interested in seeing where the Prometheus story goes, I'm not sure if I want to commit to this and the new JLA ongoing. Is this current lineup going to replace the current JLA? And if so, would that be a bad thing? We'll see. I'll probably finish the mini and decide after that.

5/10

Ollie married Black Canary so that when he cheats on her, it'll make her look that much more foolish.

Seriously, I'm still annoyed that they had BC marry that philandering jackass.

You faked the death and kidnapped my daughter... for me!?!?!

As much as I have to agree that the whole GA/BC thing has been botched beyond salvation, I never really got the outrage about that Sin thing. Sin was in on the whole scheme the whole time, so it's not like it was a real kidnapping. And the way it was set up, it's not like Dinah couldn't see her whenever she actually felt like it; it's more like prep school as opposed to being separated forever or something. Story-wise there's absolutely no reason Dinah couldn't go and visit her right this moment. The only problem of course is that no writer is going to care about Sin enough to ever show her again.

They only care about Dinah's She-Peeps and going to Denny's in your Sunday finest.

Buffy was good. BW's right, though: Oz's face? It is to laugh. But otherwise it was a good issue. It's nice to see Buffy actually stop and consider whether she's doing the right thing anymore, given that she's been wholly unlikeable in her role as leader of all that is since way back in season 7 to me. I mean, obviously, resisting is more "the right thing" than rolling over and allowing the public to condemn the Slayers or demons to kill them, but it's nice to see some consideration on Buffy's part instead of all righteousness all the time.

I'm curious to see how Giles might influence Buffy regarding Willow, since Buffy apparently gave up, figured the future's immutable, and decided to willingly participate in Willow's turn back to evil in the present. Curious to see what happens now that the cast is fully reunited, too. Can't wait to see what happens with Oz in the next issue. It's about time he returned. I loved that guy.

The more characters that come back, though, the more I wish Buffy and Angel still felt like they inhabit the same universe. Not just because Angel's comics could totally use some of the mojo Buffy's writers are using to make her comics so good, either.

i thought the whole "unstuck in time" thing was more of a reference to Slaughterhouse Five, then Lost.

i thought the whole "unstuck in time" thing was more of a reference to Slaughterhouse Five, then Lost.

It is. When someone made a comment essentially saying this was a rip off of what was happening in DC, Bru said this on Comic Book Resources

"You should read the comic. I have no idea what you're talking about, but unless DC published Slaughterhouse Five in the 60s, I don't think there are any similarities here."
So that's his inspiration, not Lost, and not DC

The whole Reborn thing seems like marvel is trying to do "rebirth", otherwise this wouldve just been another arc in the regular CA book....of course, no ones gonna say this, but its ok to say that Batman: R.I.P is a ripoff of "The Death of Captain America".....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"