The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box office for Amazing Spider-Man 2

I am really curious to see how the solo MCU films' box office success will be affected by the Avengers. I think they will make more than the phase one films, though I still doubt that IM3 will make around $900 million. IM2 earned around $600 million though that was due to the success of the previous film.

Sony Pictures No. 1 in Marketshare for 2012

^Sony came in at No. 1 in 2012 and outgrossed all the other major studios (WB, Fox, Universal, Disney). It was also the studio's biggest year of all time.

So much for Sony Pictures going out of business at the end of 2012, like so many predicted. :)

That probably has a lot to do with Skyfall.

Skyfall,TASM,MIB3? all of them together

If the film doesn't make a billon then the reboot is a failure imo.

I think it will fall short considering the lukewarm reception. I see nothing inspirational happening for Spider-Man on film over the next decade. I'll look elsewhere for that.

If the film doesn't make a billon then the reboot is a failure imo.

What? :doh: Just because the movie doesn't make a billion doesn't mean its a failure. If it makes less than the TASM, then that would make the reboot a failure IMO.

I think it will fall short considering the lukewarm reception. I see nothing inspirational happening for Spider-Man on film over the next decade. I'll look elsewhere for that.
I am somewhat concerned for the future of the series, but I have my faith. We had only one movie in this franchise so far, so at least wait until the second movie comes out to really judge it.

Sony Pictures No. 1 in Marketshare for 2012

^Sony came in at No. 1 in 2012 and outgrossed all the other major studios (WB, Fox, Universal, Disney). It was also the studio's biggest year of all time.

So much for Sony Pictures going out of business at the end of 2012, like so many predicted. :)

Yeah it was saved by Bond. I can still hate on Sony, they didn't oversee production of Skyfall...which is why it was a great movie.

What? :doh: Just because the movie doesn't make a billion doesn't mean its a failure. If it makes less than the TASM, then that would make the reboot a failure IMO.

You don't think that Sony had a billion in mind when they decided to reboot? Of course they did. They saw how close SM3 was and figured this new direction was the ticket to getting there, especially after TDK success. They even stated how they wanted to make history again at the box office with Webb and co. The sequel falling short of a billion is a big fail, even if the film is miraculously more then typical summer fare.

You don't think that Sony had a billion in mind when they decided to reboot? Of course they did. They saw how close SM3 was and figured this new direction was the ticket to getting there, especially after TDK success. They even stated how they wanted to make history again at the box office with Webb and co. The sequel falling short of a billion is a big fail, even if the film is miraculously more then typical summer fare.

It does not make it a failure. At all. Of course they'd like to make a billion, doesn't mean it is going to happen, but doesn't mean they failed if they don't reach that amount either. There was no way they were gong to make a billion with The Avengers taking up all the hype, followed by TDKR coming out 2 weeks after TASM.

Batman and Robin was a failure. Ang Lee's Hulk was a failure. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was a failure. Green Lantern was a failure. TASM making a few hundred million short of a billion is NOT a failure. Maybe it is from your perspective, but that's another story.

At this point it looks unlikely this series will even equal Raimi's at the box office (and certainly not critically or with the GA). Right now Sony is like Sisyphus pushing the boulder up the hill.

It has an 81 on RT with the GA. That's higher than SM1 and SM3 and even with SM2. Granted there aren't as many votes.

At this point it looks unlikely this series will even equal Raimi's at the box office (and certainly not critically or with the GA). Right now Sony is like Sisyphus pushing the boulder up the hill.

The series probably won't get as good ratings simply because of how soon the franchise was rebooted. A lot of people are still mad we didn't get Spider-Man 4. Same would explain the box office, but who knows really? I can see TASM2 making more than SM1 or SM2 at least.

It has an 81 on RT with the GA. That's higher than SM1 and SM3 and even with SM2. Granted there aren't as many votes.

:up:

The rating went down for SM1 with the GA simply because there are over 30 million votes. It is currently at 65%, but it was much higher even 3-4 years ago. Same goes for the critic rating, which used to be 91% and went down 89%.

But either way, as I said to SoNicRaDiATioN, there is a lot of resentment towards the series simply because it was a quick reboot, and we never got to see Spider-Man 4. So I think a lot of critics are going to be harsh on the film unless it really blows them away.

Last edited:
Just to add, if the Raimi series remains more successful, it doesn't mean that they are "better." They were the first Spider-Man movies, and were made fairly recently, which means they are still relevant. So they have an advantage over the Webb films, even if they do turn out to be better movies. Outside of these boards, I haven't met anyone that hasn't said the reboot was much better than all 3 Raimi movies. (I still prefer SM1 and SM2, however).

Its still too early to determine whether or not these movies are better, or just a downgrade from the Raimi films. Give it time. Lets see how the sequel turns out. I still believe that TASM2 will make or break the series.

I am really curious to see how the solo MCU films' box office success will be affected by the Avengers. I think they will make more than the phase one films, though I still doubt that IM3 will make around $900 million. IM2 earned around $600 million though that was due to the success of the previous film.

IM3 is 900M easy,no doubt about it.Marvel's studio's strongest character and coming after a phenomenal Avengers

MOS will be near 600m-700m,a bit near TASM's final gross of it is really good(which I dont think it'll be though)

The wolverine should come aroung 300-350m

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"