The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Based on ASM2's box office and quality, was rebooting a mistake?

Rebooting wasn't a mistake. Doing a franchise that brings nothing new to a new series is the mistake.

Gwen Stacy and webshooters mean nothing. Being faithful to the source does not make a film better.

Look at the Penguin. In Batman Returns he's nothing like the comics and yet he's one of the best villains in a CBM.

His plan was to kidnap the children of Gotham's most powerful and kill them. That's the most darkest and coldest plan ever in a CBM.

You can make changes to the character but sometimes they aren't as good like not having the Lizard's family or the rushed development of Kid Goblin.

Look at Nolan's Batman and Burton. 2 completely different tones while staying true to Batman.

Look at First Class and the OT X-Men. Same tone but they are completely different feels to the film.

imagine if we had a better Peter to complement Garfield´s spidey, i hope we get a better villain and story than we are getting

Last edited:
it would have to be a majorly toned down Maguire's peter

i could never enjoy him as peter

it would have to be a majorly toned down Maguire's peter

i could never enjoy him as peter

the one thing that bothers me from TASM to TASM2 transition is that in TASM seemed (for me) like a really smart but quiet kid, he did the webshooters, he knew his biology and science from can we appreciate of him studying his father´s notes and Doc Connor´s book, now in TASM2 he doesn´t remember stuff from school, he never figured how to hold a charge in his webshooters and he needs YT vids to find the ansewer?! WTH! maybe he googles the ansewer and that would´ve made sense, maybe he would still seem less of a genious but seems that they did this just to have Gwen doing something meaningful for the finale...

the one thing that bothers me from TASM to TASM2 transition is that in TASM seemed (for me) like a really smart but quiet kid, he did the webshooters, he knew his biology and science from can we appreciate of him studying his father´s notes and Doc Connor´s book, now in TASM2 he doesn´t remember stuff from school, he never figured how to hold a charge in his webshooters and he needs YT vids to find the ansewer?! WTH! maybe he googles the ansewer and that would´ve made sense, maybe he would still seem less of a genious but seems that they did this just to have Gwen doing something meaningful for the finale...

Its kinda like the comics though. Peter was very book smart in high school and still kinda quiet, but as he got more into being Spidey and went to college he changed dramatically. Spider-man kinda took over his life, his Spider-man cockiness and attitude took over his personallity, and he started slacking academically. He sacrificed a lot of his scientific potential for a life of crime fighting.

I disagree if the movie was getting good reviews it would be doing a lot better. There have been 7 batman movies and only 5 spider man movies and yet dark knight rises made a little over a billion and batman is not even has popular has spider man and didn't have 3d. It is all because the last 3 spider man movies have been consider bad, ok and bad. If the movie where getting great reviews it would be a event again. Movies don't just make money over night you bulid up to it form the earyler movies in a franchise and when 3 movies in a row have not gotten good reviews people are going to not trust the next movie.

SPIDER-MAN 3

Well on RT 63% of the critics liked it
The average score was 6.2

AVERAGE STAR RATING.
3/5 STARS

AMAZING SPIDERMAN
RT 73% of the critics liked it.
The average score was 6.7.

AVERAGE STAR RATING.
3.5/5 STARS

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
RT 53% of the critics liked it.
The average score was 5.9

AVERAGE STAR RATING.
3/5 STARS

So it seems these movies are still not considered bad by the average critic,but they are not great movies from the average critic point of view.

Spiderman 3 and the amazing spiderman 2 are just considered good by the average critic in thier score and over 50% of the critics like it.
Meaning the majority like it.

The average critic thought the amazing spiderman 2 was very good,and most of them liked it even more then the other two.
Spiderman 1 made more money in the u.s. then spiderman 2 but spiderman 2 was a better film or let us say more critics liked it more and gave it a higher score.
So you can say the u.s. audience after spiderman 1 had less interests after 1 and overtime thier interests was getting higher for iron man and batman.

Last edited:
I like the more serious tone

amazing-spider-man-2-paul-giamatti-rhino-1.jpg

JAMIE-FOXX-620qere_1715054a.jpg

98b01f4dd19d5b55b4d265c7dc63a3af.jpg

Paul+Giamatti+Andrew+Garfield+Films+Spider+UxUO99XrNZil.jpg

Still more serious than Raimi's version, thought admittedly less so in the sequel than in the first. If you single out Foxx's backstory, yes, that was on the Raimi level of corny. But the overall movie itself, still less cheesy IMO. And as I mentioned, Jamie Foxx is terrible, I'll never understand why he's gotten a chance as a serious actor. Go back to comedies.

Last edited:
The only thing Rhino can be compared to is Batman and Robin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"