The Amazing Spider-Man Do you have faith in Webb?

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
It's a simple question: Do you think Marc Webb will make an excellent Spider-Man film?

I'll have faith in him after he delivers a great film, not until. Made that mistake once too often.

^ Waiting for proof defeats the entire concept of faith.

With that said, so as long as he doesn't become a studio puppet, yes I have faith in Marc. What I'm unsure about is how he'll handle the action-adventure. As far as the cores of the characters though, I think he's more than equipped.

All I know is I was so excited for Spider-Man years before it came out, and ultimately was dissapointed.

It would suck bad to be let down again. I have such high hopes, I just hope not for nothing.

I have no idea who he is, so no, I don't. I'm hopeful though.

^ Waiting for proof defeats the entire concept of faith.

With that said, so as long as he doesn't become a studio puppet, yes I have faith in Marc. What I'm unsure about is how he'll handle the action-adventure. As far as the cores of the characters though, I think he's more than equipped.
True, but we still have Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin as the producers, they love horrible ideas and love coming up with horrible ideas. If they make Marc Webb their b::tch, then we're still in trouble. :dry:

I think it's way too early to judge this guy.

I'd say there is a lot of potential. For starters, the fact that a minimalist budget of $80million is being thrown around is a good sign imo. Webb as a director is very good. I liked 500 days of summer a lot and the casting of Garfield. So far, the little that we do know hasn't disappointed me yet. However, I'd have a stronger tranparency in my faith in Webb once I see a trailer and upon viewing the whole movie, only then will I jump on board and start celebrating on the Webb bandwagon.

It's a simple question: Do you think Marc Webb will make an excellent Spider-Man film?

I have no reason to think he will and I have no reason to think he won't. It's entirely too soon to form an opinion of a director that I know nothing about. I'm still against the reboot in principle, and it's hard to be optimistic for that reason.

I think he can because he is good making teens films, and that´s what spidey is about.
I grew up with Raimi´s spiderman, i was 6 or 7 years old when i saw spider-man 1 in the cinemas and that´s what made me go to the comics, however i still think that the reboot is not a bad idea and i´m still open minded.

Not sure.

Everyone thought Wolverine would be great because Gavin Hood has done some great stuff. This is the same thing. Webb isn't a bonified action director so I will have to wait and see what he does.

So far his casting is spot on and I thought 500 Days of Summer, so I my faith increases more and more with each bit of news.

There just isn't enough info available to gauge this. I haven't seen 500 Days. But I konw this; Often when directors are making their first film they have a passion for them that carries over onto the screen. And often when those same directors are given studio projects, that passion isn't anywhere in sight. So, we'll just have to see what kind of script he has and how much studio interference he has to deal with. It's very possible that Columbia hired him because of his status, in that he'd be someone easier to manipulate than Raimi was. We know they aren't going to keep their fingers out of this pie.

I haven't seen anything made by him so I can't say anything about him yet, other than he and the other guys made a good choice in picking Garfield (as far as his acting skills in other movies shows). It's hard to have faith in something you don't know anything about tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"