Transformers Box Office Thread

There are rumors for TF 2 in 2009, but that future strike in Hollywood is going to delay TF 2's pre-production. :(

Isn't Bay directing the Prince of Persia movie next?

Who knows. Whatever he says he takes it back hours later anyway. :o

Spider-Man fell short of a billion total didn't it?

TF might actually be able to get there WW. It isn't impossible at this point.

Get were? 1 billion? TF's at $663,009,648 WW
No, get to SM3's spot. It'd be close, but I think it can do it. I mean, it has gotten this far without Imax sales. I am sure Imax xan bring it another 100 mill. I mean, new footage and a chance for a huge screen? Who wouldn't go back. Besides, you know, those who hated it.

so basicly it looks like TF did double of their budget?

No, get to SM3's spot. It'd be close, but I think it can do it. I mean, it has gotten this far without Imax sales. I am sure Imax xan bring it another 100 mill. I mean, new footage and a chance for a huge screen? Who wouldn't go back. Besides, you know, those who hated it.

It's not getting another 100 mil from IMAX. It's not going to be close.

IMAX income counts to the Box office totals??? I have always think it does not.

It's not getting another 100 mil from IMAX. It's not going to be close.

they'd be looking at $20 million max from, er, IMAX. b/c it's already run its coarse for most people. simultaneously released, it could have done $30 million in IMAX theaters, but 4 months later(?), it's more likely to look like $12-$15 million.

But I'll see it if I get the chance. Closest IMAX is 2 hours away for me.

It's probably only going to make $10-$15 million.

It's a limited engagement and there aren't that many IMAX theaters around.

I was gonna say something similiar to that.

Yeah thats true. I am sure it can get over 700 million.

That was my original guesstimate, but after reading that'll it'll only get a 4 week run, and seeing how limited IMAX is, I think $8-11 million is the range it'll end up in. I know it's not far from the 10-15 you think, but ehhh... it's the box office discussion thread, right? Anyways, I hope we're both wrong and it does $25 million.

trans 2 could bring in spiderman numbers

:eek:

TF2 WILL do Spiderman 2 numbers IF and ONLY IF it's better than TF1. Transformers 2 needs to make up where Transformers 1 didn't shine, namely character development.

TF2's sequel hype will boost its numbers anyway. I mean, look at SM3 or POTC 3. Some people hated those movies, and the majority was "dissapointed." They still made lots of money, and broke records.

TF2's sequel hype will boost its numbers anyway. I mean, look at SM3 or POTC 3. Some people hated those movies, and the majority was "dissapointed." They still made lots of money, and broke records.

You're right; but I'm saying that in order for TF2 to outperform TF1, it needs to be an all around better film or it won't do nearly as well as the original... like Spiderman 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"