Transformers Box Office Thread

So basically TF will make it's money back in it's first week. Then we all know it's DVD sales will rock some charts. Hope this success makes them hurry up with part 2. I mean, I don't want it rushed, but I don't want it in 2012 either. :csad:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21787

Transformers Crosses $100 Million!
Source: ShowBiz Data, The Weekend Warrior
July 7, 2007

In just four and a half days, Michael Bay's Transformers has crossed the $100 million mark, adding an additional $22.4 million on Friday to put it ahead of the established Pixar film Ratatouille and Bruce Willis action sequel Live Free or Die Hard in terms of box office gross. Its first Friday is pointing to a three-day weekend in the range of $62 to 65 million.

The Robin Williams headlined romantic comedy License to Wed had its best day, earning $3.7 million on Friday, pointing to a weekend of roughly $10 to 11 million, though the best it can do is fourth place for the weekend.

Awsome!

Bring on the sequel!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21787

Transformers Crosses $100 Million!
Source: ShowBiz Data, The Weekend Warrior
July 7, 2007

WOOT !!!!

In just four and a half days, Michael Bay's Transformers has crossed the $100 million mark, adding an additional $22.4 million on Friday to put it ahead of the established Pixar film Ratatouille and Bruce Willis action sequel Live Free or Die Hard in terms of box office gross. Its first Friday is pointing to a three-day weekend in the range of $62 to 65 million.

The Robin Williams headlined romantic comedy License to Wed had its best day, earning $3.7 million on Friday, pointing to a weekend of roughly $10 to 11 million, though the best it can do is fourth place for the weekend.

:woot: SEQUEL HERE WE COME . :trans:

So basically TF will make it's money back in it's first week. Then we all know it's DVD sales will rock some charts. Hope this success makes them hurry up with part 2. I mean, I don't want it rushed, but I don't want it in 2012 either. :csad:

That would be an interesting way of going out...watching Transformers 2.

2012 isn't supposed to be the End of the World as We Know It?

2012 isn't supposed to be the End of the World as We Know It?

I wish people wouldn't keep bringing that up, it's freakin me out :csad:

If they are already working on a script and have been given the green light by Paramount then I expect to see TF2 2009-2010.

There are so many theories for 2012, its ridiculous. But I didn't say that.

So, who were the people who thought it would be struggling again McClaine Light?

I've heard nothing but praise (i.e. "Awesome" "I've seen it twice" ect.) from the general public, and you would have had to be on crack to think this could've flopped. It's THE movie of summer, no doubt.

after harry potter then ill make my "movie of the summer/year" nomination lol.

I left SM3 bored and drained. I love pirates!!! But now after I have seen transformers(again on sunday!!) I liked it better than Pirates. If harry, whether its a box office smash to great proportions or not, If I don't enjoy it more than transformers then....OMG. I never thought I would say Transformers was the Movie of 2007 lol and i never liked them when i was little. I was so sure it would be Pirates or Harry. Transformers is a runaway hit. People at my job are going crazy about it and we are spreading good word of mouth. I know for a fact at least 7 people are seeing it for the first time this weekend. My supervisor had to work on the 4th so he is going Sunday as well!!

worst case scenario

week 1 = 150 m
week 2 = 60 m (60% drop)
week 3 = 27 m (55% drop)
week 4 = 12 m (55% drop)
week 5 = 5 m(55% drop)
remaining weeks = 10 m

total = 265 m

265 m is the very least Transformers will make in the US.

best case scenario

week 1 = 155 m
week 2 = 78 m (50% drop)
week 3 = 42 m (45% drop)
week 4 = 23 m (45% drop)
week 5 = 13 m (45% drop)
week 6 = 7 m (45% drop)
week 7 = 4 m (45% drop)
week 8 = 2 m (45% drop)
final weeks = 5 m

total = 329 m

329 m is the maximum TF could make.

so the range is 265-329 m. I expect it to cross 300 m.

I think it will have legs and make roughly $65-$70M next week ($226 total domestic in 2 weeks) I think the film will top out just below $300M (my guess is $277M domestic + $460 international=$737M worldwide) but IF it has legs it may make more...the 2nd weekend will be huge! if it pulls in as predicted by experts ($70M+) in its opening weekend and lets say makes $45M+ in its 2nd weekend, it could have the legs to move up the charts. It needs a SMALL 2nd weekend drop if it has any chance of beating...lol...Titanic! btw...another reason Titanic made so much money, if you look at its box office weekend #'s...the theater count continues to rise...which means more $$$$...what film increases its theater count each weekend???

I think it will have legs and make roughly $65-$70M next week ($226 total domestic in 2 weeks) I think the film will top out just below $300M (my guess is $277M domestic + $460 international=$737M worldwide) but IF it has legs it may make more...the 2nd weekend will be huge! if it pulls in as predicted by experts ($70M+) in its opening weekend and lets say makes $45M+ in its 2nd weekend, it could have the legs to move up the charts. It needs a SMALL 2nd weekend drop if it has any chance of beating...lol...Titanic! btw...another reason Titanic made so much money, if you look at its box office weekend #'s...the theater count continues to rise...which means more $$$$...what film increases its theater count each weekend???

I'm really liking these numbers, who would have thought that Transformers would have given Michael Bay his most successful movie to date.

worst case scenario

week 1 = 150 m
week 2 = 60 m (60% drop)
week 3 = 27 m (55% drop)
week 4 = 12 m (55% drop)
week 5 = 5 m(55% drop)
remaining weeks = 10 m

total = 265 m

265 m is the very least Transformers will make in the US.

best case scenario

week 1 = 155 m
week 2 = 78 m (50% drop)
week 3 = 42 m (45% drop)
week 4 = 23 m (45% drop)
week 5 = 13 m (45% drop)
week 6 = 7 m (45% drop)
week 7 = 4 m (45% drop)
week 8 = 2 m (45% drop)
final weeks = 5 m

total = 329 m

329 m is the maximum TF could make.

so the range is 265-329 m. I expect it to cross 300 m.

Did you work Harry Potter into your calculations?

btw...another reason Titanic made so much money, if you look at its box office weekend #'s...the theater count continues to rise...which means more $$$$...what film increases its theater count each weekend???

Ridiculous all the subliminal messages they must've hidden in that movie. Kevin Nealon at his best :up:

Transformers will have legs...to a point people are still going to see it and some are seeing it more than once.

But it opened on a tuesday night for a reason, to take advantage of the 4th holiday. If it had of opened on friday with Harry coming out just 4 days after it, It would have legs at all.

Transformers will be a hit at the BO, Harry will make more. But Transformers is on course to be the movie of the year imo

The end of the world, or so they say. The scenario warries for the most part. They say December 21st is the last day from what i last heard...

Hm. I've not heard of this one yet...then again I never buy into these theories...espescially since Orson Welles himself lied to me in that TV special he hosted when I was a kid :(

Ya think a devourer of worlds would know when the world was going to end, right?

Well this is a very creepy and fascinating issue, so im gonna take it to the Jazz lounge thread. I'll continue over there since in here it's off topic.

Hm. I've not heard of this one yet...then again I never buy into these theories...espescially since Orson Welles himself lied to me in that TV special he hosted when I was a kid :(

Ya think a devourer of worlds would know when the world was going to end, right?

"Everything you know is at an end".

I take 2012 is the new Millennium.?
Everything that failed to happen in the 2000,may take place in 012.?
Man this film ROCKED, I'm hoping for at least a 500million box office gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"