Breaking the realism?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Aluchak, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Aluchak Registered

I just don't get how they are going to get a Magical Sky Wizard to fight along side Iron Man.

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Who's a magical sky wizard? Thor's a human-shaped tank who breaks people's faces with a hammer.

3. Canis Sapiens Ragnarök and roll!

Corp... you just created my next sig.:up:

Can I use it?

4. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

5. Canis Sapiens Ragnarök and roll!

Thanks! :yay:

Ta-daaaaaa!

6. Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

Way off topic here, but have to ask... Am I the only one that was a bit disappointed with how lop-sided the fight between Thor and Hulk was in the VS. DVD???

7. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

8. Chewy REDACTED

Yeah, **** Hulk vs Thor :cmad:

9. Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

10. Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Thor could definitely hold his own against Hulk. Though, Hulk would eventually win.

11. Canis Sapiens Ragnarök and roll!

I just don't get it. Hulk is very strong, ok, but he's only a mortal. And not a very smart one. And when it comes to experience in battle, it's not even a contest. Thor has been fighting mythological beasts and giants for centuries, he should know some clever or inventive ways to defeat Hulk.

12. Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

Thor losing to Hulk really is break from realism :hehe:

13. Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol TRUE that is so true Rich. lol

14. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I actually agree with Spider-Vader: the Hulk should win most of the time. But it'd be nice if Thor could manage a victory now and then to keep the rivalry fresh. The last three or four times they fought that I can remember, the Hulk kicked Thor's ass with relative ease. Same in Hulk vs. Thor--there was never a contest between them. What sort of rivalry is it when the outcome is obviously that the Hulk is going to win because the Hulk always wins?

15. This Guy Registered

Thor is already a character in all of mythology so even the casual comic fan would already know that he is the god of thunder..They wouldn't have to spend alot of time trying to make it seem believable, it would the same principle as Hercules, or Achilles for that matter

16. Project862006 Registered

Ashley miller talks about thor - co writer for thor

"Not in the sense that you'd want to see a generic 'dark' take on Thor, but in the sense that you want to feel Thor's rage when he rages. You want to see him fight like hell, and take as much he dishes out — maybe more. You want to have a visceral reaction to the guy, and what happens to him. You don't want his adventures to be clean and antiseptic. You want to see the dirt, and grime and blood. You want to feel every bone crunching moment of every fight. And when he unleashes the storm, you want to feel like you're seeing the power of a GOD at work."

"The best example I can give you is the end of Ultimates 2. When Thor shows up and kicks ass, he shows up and kicks ass. He isn't screwing around. There's a certain brutal, cock-eyed realism to Thor in that moment (and through that book in general) that I really resonate to and want to expand on."

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

First paragraph = cool. Second paragraph = f***.

18. Aztec Registered

I completely disagree Corp. Thor at the end of The Ultimates 2 was a MAJOR BADASS! That's EXACTLY what I want to see on screen!

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'd prefer not to see anything remotely related to Ultimate Thor on the screen.

20. Octoberist point blank

Ashley Miller...is a dude...

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I should take back some of the harshness of what I said earlier. I don't care where the inspiration comes from if all Miller's talking about is having Thor kick ass in a really visceral manner.

22. Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

just as long as he is just talking about the scene... no the character design or personality.

23. Vartha Mod of Thunder

You're right Thor SHOULD be easy to do, BUT, Marvel is wanting to make Thor their "Lord of the Rings" type fantasy film.
    Weather or not the following films will be the same way is yet to be determined because it's not even out.

The first movie is supposed to be both on Asgard AND Earth during the Viking era. now it's his ORIGIN movie, so how much we see of Asgard in future films depends on how well the first one does.

ME, I don't care either way....THOR'S GOING TO BE A THE SILVER SCREEN!!!! lol

24. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well what the heck do you think 616 Thor's been doing all these years Aztek?
    Ages of Thunder is just an example, Blood Oath is another, scenes in the Ragarok arc. I can go on and on, Ulty Thor is being changed to be more like the Classic if you ask me.

25. chiefchirpa Haaa-rooooooo

Most rocking = Ulti Thor with electric guitar.