BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Nolan Batman. It's no disrespect to BTAS, it played a huge role in forming my Bat-fandom...but TDKT holds an extremely special place for me, as a Bat-fan, a movie fan, however you want to break it down. Nothing compares to the adrenaline rush of watching an a Batman movie unfold on a 100 foot tall IMAX screen. The adrenaline rush from that is kind of indescribable. The thing about the realism approach is that it really immersed you in the story, because everything had a tactile quality that felt like you could reach out in touch. This may have not provided the same type of escapism that some fans might've wanted from a Batman film, but IMO it only helped highlight the extraordinary elements of the story even more. The fact that it felt more real just added to the intensity more and created a stronger emotional connection for me.

Bat-fans are spoiled though to even have the ability to choose between two such great versions as their "favorite" though. There's no wrong answer here, despite what the poll results might show.

Nolan Batman. It's no disrespect to BTAS, it played a huge role in forming my Bat-fandom...but TDKT holds an extremely special place for me, as a Bat-fan, a movie fan, however you want to break it down. Nothing compares to the adrenaline rush of watching an a Batman movie unfold on a 100 foot tall IMAX screen. The adrenaline rush from that is kind of indescribable. The thing about the realism approach is that it really immersed you in the story, because everything had a tactile quality that felt like you could reach out in touch. This may have not provided the same type of escapism that some fans might've wanted from a Batman film, but IMO it only helped highlight the extraordinary elements of the story even more. The fact that it felt more real just added to the intensity more and created a stronger emotional connection for me.

Bat-fans are spoiled though to even have the ability to choose between two such great versions as their "favorite" though. There's no wrong answer here, despite what the poll results might show.

You thought Nolan's Batman was realistic? LOL
Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.gif

No SH movie is realistic. The Nolan movies are just a little more plausible and relatable than the rest.

And people said this'd be unfair *nods head*. See, it's a fair fight

Nolanverse.

While I didn't like how he toned down Scarecrow's hallucinogens, his take on the other rogues managed to flesh them out moreso than other media where they rogues seem to get more screentime than Bruce. I also liked the way the trilogy deconstructed the Batman mythos, subverting some stuff here and there and creating something where all three entries can stand on their own or be taken as one long film.

Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.gif

104qcm8.jpg

It's amazing how many times this needs to repeated. Of course it's not realistic in the sense that everything on screen was actually possible. It's still a very heightened and operatic story. But it was presented in a way that made it feel more "real world" and as a result it was very easy to suspend disbelief and made the stakes feel a lot higher than they usually do in comic book movies.

Verisimilitude.

Yeah it has been said almost in every Batman Thread. Its getting tiresome.

104qcm8.jpg

It's amazing how many times this needs to repeated. Of course it's not realistic in the sense that everything on screen was actually possible. It's still a very heightened and operatic story. But it was presented in a way that made it feel more "real world" and as a result it was very easy to suspend disbelief and made the stakes feel a lot higher than they usually do in comic book movies.

Verisimilitude.

Word

BTAS, easily.

Nostalgia, better stories, better characterizations (save for maybe the Joker and Gordon). It's haunting and dark and humorous and fun. I love Begins and Dark Knight, but BTAS has way more to offer. It's like watching smaller, 20 minute movies. It's my favorite take on the character. It's like a melting pot of all things Batman and makes the best of them. The different eras of comics, serials, the 60s television show, the 70s comics, the Tim Burton films, etc.

I just went to vote on this thread, only to see that I already had. I have no memory of doing so. I must have been on autopilot.

BTAS...easily.

You get the ideal version of Batman/Bruce Wayne. Hell, you pretty much get the ideal version of EVERYBODY.

Kevin Conroy proves that Batman can be just as charismatic and fun to watch as his villains. Hamill is both the funny clown and homicidal lunatic as Joker. Not to mention the supporting cast.

Intersting to me to see such a huge skew. Wasn't BTAS inspired & influenced very much by Burtons Batman? If this poll were Burton batman Vs. Nolan batman, it'd be skewed towards Nolan wouldn't it? Weird. Just sayin. :cwink:

Intersting to me to see such a huge skew. Wasn't BTAS inspired & influenced very much by Burtons Batman? If this poll were Burton batman Vs. Nolan batman, it'd be skewed towards Nolan wouldn't it? Weird. Just sayin. :cwink:

Animated stuff usually gets more love than live action stuff. It´s definitely influenced by Burton´s Batman and feels like a Burton movie.

If Nolan had made a movie similar to this cartoon i HIGHLY doubt it would have been as critically acclaimed as his trilogy.

BTAS works great for a cartoon but i don´t think i would like it if it was live action. It would look silly.

A cartoon makes you forgive a lot more things.

The funny thing is: People think BTAS is better than the Nolanuniverse. Yet, the show has stuff that is 10 times more ridiculous than ANYTHING we saw in Batman & Robin. If any Batman movie had some of the scenes this show has, it would instatly be considered the worst movie ever.

Well yeah, but it gets a pass because it's animation. Animation from the 90s.

Chances are almost every single person who is an adult today and is a fan of BTAS, is because they were little kids when they first saw the show. So nostalgia plays a huge part.

That's why i voted for it over the Nolanverse, because just thinking of the show..makes me feel all fuzzy inside lol. Plus the episodes are really short, so it's easier to digest.

With that said, there's plenty of things that i dont like about BTAS as it progresses further and further. The earliest episodes are by far the best they've put out. It really isn't some perfect series. Not by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"