Camping = I don't get it.

***** Galore said:
What do people eat when they go camping?
Where do they go to the bathroom?

Most campsites have public bathrooms. Otherwise, find a space behind a rock, tree or bush. I actually don't remember what I did when I had to take a crap in an area that had no real bathrooms. As far as food goes it's really anything you want, especially if you bring a cooler. But back to "extreme" camping...when I went on this backpacking trek we had a lot of dehydrated meals, granola bars, meat sticks and such.

any food you would normally cook anywhere else.

in the bushes or behind a tree.

***** Galore said:
Meat stick?

Different variations on the basic formula of Slim Jims. Remember, this wasn't a normal camping trip I'm talking about here.

I'll tell you what I don't get.

Fishing.

It's useless! You buy all that equipment for what? A goddamn fish on your wall? Pathetic. I say go the market and take a picture of you paying less for fish. It is a much more satisfying thing.

Camping can be fantastic in the right circumstances. Yesterday I came back from a 4 night camping trip in a field. It was a camping ticket at a music festival. Ok so it wasn't exactly back to basics because there were food stalls if you went far enough and such.

But it was a fantastic experience. I was with all my friends and my girlfriend. We got COMPLETELY drunk. Over the weekend I had over 50+ beers. TOO much junk food. Didn't sleep well. Had sweaty dirty sex. Smoked some weed and ate some cakes. and saw some awesome bands.

The atmosphere was fantastic. People were crazy....no-one went to bed to be honest.

Camping is an awesome experience. I'm good to be back to normal life now, cuz I'm ill. It rained alot and it wasn't exactly the warmest campsite in the world. Also there was TOO much camp fires going on. My lungs are dead.

I always liked camping because it's quiet. Since there is nothing else to do i usually find a book that i like and read under a tree. It sucks if it's hot though:down

Edd Extraordinaire said:
I'll tell you what I don't get.

Fishing.

I don't get camping, fishing, hunting or pseudo drag racing your big truck between stoplights. This is why people don't believe me when I tell them I was acutally born in the South.:)

***** Galore said:
My dad made our whole family go camping when I was about 9. All I remember is being freezing cold, hungry, disgusted, and drenched. Apparently he didn't look at the forecast prior to the trip because it rained like 10 inches and the top of me and my sisters tent collapsed with like..an ocean on my life.

I haven't gone "real camping" since then.
My friend is having a birthday weekend and on that Friday she wants a bunch of us to go camping with her (she didn't tell me we were going camping until today, but I already agreed I'd be with her, *****).

I seriously just don't understand the point of it. Why!? It's dirty and smelly with bugs and worms. Then my friend decided to tell me any sort of perfume/cologne/shampoo/lotion/deoderant can attract bears and they could attack us and kill us. But more importantly, what do people WEAR when they go camping?

If you go you're going to be in like, one of those horror movies where people are running away from other crazy people because the crazy people want to kill them, don't go. :(

Anyway. Camping. Get closer with nature. Take a break from urban life or something. Blah blah blah.

Camping is awesome...i havent gone these past few summers. I love camping with no bathroom, no shower for a week...i understand why girls dont like it, but camping is a manly man thing. Waking up early, hearing the sound of the creek, cooking eggs and bacon on the propane stove, getting water from the spring...climbing a 150 foot waterfall. Good friggin times. The place i go to is awesome theres bears and racoons and all that jazz. Camping is perfect for "getting away".

CASk8er87 said:
Camping is awesome...i havent gone these past few summers. I love camping with no bathroom, no shower for a week...i understand why girls dont like it, but camping is a manly man thing. Waking up early, hearing the sound of the creek, cooking eggs and bacon on the propane stove, getting water from the spring...climbing a 150 foot waterfall. Good friggin times. The place i go to is awesome theres bears and racoons and all that jazz. Camping is perfect for "getting away".

You sound like my sister-in-laws hubby. He's a real country boy and is always telling me about his great weekends in the wild. I still don't get it but if it makes you happy::up:

yeah just as long as you keep the snakes and big-ass spiders away im good to go.

For anyone who doesn't "get it", thanks for staying home and in civilization. It makes it much nicer out there for those of us who do to go enjoy the great outdoors without having to deal with a bunch of other people. It also saves money on search and rescue since there's fewer inexperienced people out there getting themselves into bad spots. :up:

jag

camping is strange and people that go camping seem to think they are better than city slickers

:confused:

i have nothing against the activity itself rather the people that go on it. Very high and mighty usually unless it's a means to an end (like camping near beach to go surfing, or near rock face).

camping :up:

camping with campers or near regular campers :down

Wilhelm-Scream said:
You f***ing Ass-Dick! :cmad:

Twice I almost died in southern Utah, while camping.

To me? that's not funny.

I'm goin' "C.Lee" on your irreverent-ass. :down

Whoa, dude:confused:

I'm just saying, camping stories tend to not be very interesting to outsiders. They're kind of like the ultimate in-jokes. "You had to be there" you know:confused:

My dad seriously used to take me camping all the time, and I have a ****load of stories I could put on here, but not a single one would be entertaining if you didn't know me or my family.

Seriously, calm down:confused:

Have a seat.

How's your wife?

Drink the Kool-Aid.

Sorry:confused:

P.S. This post was kind of pointless since you're on probation.

I've seen too many horror movies to even contemplate doing that ****. I don't care if it is a national park, my ass is outside with only a tent. I fall asleep or I don't have my guard up, something could get my ass. And I mean that literally and figuratively.

I liked camping when I was a little kid. Now, I think of all the dirt, bugs, and lack of showering, and realize it's not for me lol. I do miss toasting marshmallows on a stick though.

terry78 said:
I've seen too many horror movies to even contemplate doing that ****. I don't care if it is a national park, my ass is outside with only a tent. I fall asleep or I don't have my guard up, something could get my ass. And I mean that literally and figuratively.

Bigfoot wants to sex you up, terry. Why you gotta play hard to get? :huh:

jag

i don't know where this fear of the outdoors black people who have grown up in westernised world originated from?

what happened to that nomadic natural instinct????

bunch of sissies:p

yeah terry, i'm talking to YOU!!!

November Rain said:
i don't know where this fear of the outdoors black people who have grown up in westernised world originated from?

You're one of those snobby, elitist, high and mighty campers aren't you? :down :cmad:

jag

November Rain said:

We don't have a nomadic instinct, dude. Honestly, with the exception of a few, us black folks don't care for things like bungee jumping, camping, "x-treme sports"(though i did watch x-games this year), etc. Just doesn't interest me. My life is dangerous enough without making it x-treme and attemping to be radical to the max. Not that any of you use those terms. :o

jaguarr said:
You're one of those snobby, elitist, high and mighty campers aren't you? :down :cmad:

jag
I just said i hated those type of campers in my first post on this thread on this page

:confused:

terry78 said:
We don't have a nomadic instinct, dude. Honestly, with the exception of a few, us black folks don't care for things like bungee jumping, camping, "x-treme sports"(though i did watch x-games this year), etc. Just doesn't interest me. My life is dangerous enough without making it x-treme and attemping to be radical to the max. Not that any of you use those terms. :o
wha???

Africa has one of the largest, if not largest nomadic population of people on the planet, it's practically part of our genetic nature.

I can understand putting one's self under unncessary danger for no reason, i always hear my mom's voice saying 'you see, he's gone and killed himself for nothing' anytime i think about doing anything fun but CAMPING???

it's hardly radical to the max, it's more of a means to an end. Being outdoors should be second nature to you, i certainly don't mind it, not that i would go out looking to do it all the time but the experience never bothered me even at 8 when i went camping with cub scouts and 10 when i went proper tent, hardcore camping with old scouts or ever since.

just for a laugh, how dangerous is your life????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"