Can King Thor kill the Hulk?

It would probably come out the same way it came out when Odin used it without Mjolnir. But that's just my guess.

IMO Im not sure what exactly can kill the hulk, his body could just keep regenerating and being destroyed over and over.

To make if fair let's assume we are referring to the best versions of both: King Thor and the Gestalt Hulk. (Not the omnipotent version of Thor, that would be an obvious outcome.)

Speed and Agility:
Thor can cover distance on foot faster, is more agile, and has better reaction time than the Hulk. Aided by his hammer Thor can traverse vast distances instantaneously. Hulk can jump a few miles.

Intelligence and Cunning:
The Hulk (Gestalt version) is a genius. He isn't just book smart; he has insight and is quite calculating. Thor is smarter than average. As King Thor he is quite intelligent, but he still isn't on Hulk's level. Hulk also fights dirty and Thor does not.

Strength and Durability:
King Thor can lift hundreds of tons (its been observed) and can use various enchantments to increase his strength significantly. The Hulk once lifted a mountain wieghing several million tons. Although the Gestalt Hulk doesn't get as strong as fast through rage as the others, he does get there. (and forget that mindless banner thing where the Hulk gets so mad he turns into Banner, that was just bad writing).

Thor has diamond hard skin. The Hulk can instantaneously regenerate virtually any injury and is bullet proof.

Fightins skills:
Thor has more formal training and experience, but the Hulk is simply a mean, vicious, cunning fighter. About Equal here.

So Thor is faster and more agile. Hulk is stronger, more durable, and more intelligent.

King Thor could beat Hulk if he took him out fast. That is, if he was rational about the fight and didn't try to be "sporting" about it. If he simply knocked Hulk out of the Earth's orbit and into deep space the Hulk would suffocate. Hulk can't do that to Thor because Thor would just fly back, unless he were unconscious in which case he would also suffocate. If he gives Hulk the chance, Hulk will figure out how to kill him.

This one could go either way.

King Thor never really displayed an upper limit on his strength. He did dent Captain America's shield with brute force, however, which is something even the Hulk would have trouble doing. I'd call them even in strength.

Intelligence and cunning are two different things. The Hulk's probably a little smarter than Thor since he's a world-renowned scientist as Banner, but don't forget that Thor was a world-renowned surgeon who actually invented a few medical procedures himself as Dr. Don Blake. That's a moot point anyway, since being a genius doesn't help you out much in a fight. I'd say they're even in cunning. Thor's relied on his wits many, many times in battles. Remember, the guy grew up fighting creatures and people who are just as powerful as he is or even more so. The Hulk's declared himself to be the strongest one there is ever since he came into being, and his facing people who could call that into question is the exception, not the rule. I've seen lots of cases where even the gestalt Hulk gets trounced because that little gray Hulk part of him is too arrogant to believe that he needs a real strategy against people.

I don't think they're equal in fighting skills at all. As I said before, Thor grew up in an environment where he was a slightly larger fish in a pond full of piranha. Even before he really began pulling ahead of the other Asgardians in physical power, he was the best warrior among his fellow godlings due to his sheer skill. For the Hulk's whole existence, he's basically assumed that he's at the top of the food chain. He believes that his own unparalleled brute strength will get him through anything, fighting skills be damned. Thor is just behind Hercules in fighting skills, which places him well beyond the Hulk. Viciousness doesn't count for much given that Thor fights dragons who try to eat him, dirty trolls, the entire Wrecking Crew, and lots of other unsavory types almost constantly. That's like saying Captain America is at a loss against Crossbones because Crossbones'll go for the nut shot. Cap still beats him every time, same as Thor beats his villains, regardless of how dirty they fight.

You also left out a major category: versatility. Thor can absorb and channel every kind of energy through Mjolnir, he can use the elements of a storm as weapons, he can open teleportation portals, etc. The Hulk's limited to using his fists to pummel everything into submission. Thor's got about 5 options to each one of the Hulk's. That goes a long way in a fight. Not to mention the fact that you threw King Thor into the mix, who can manipulate magical energy for a variety of purposes on his own, in addition to what Mjolnir can do.

King Thor vs. any version of the Hulk except War Hulk would be no contest.

Well thor got his **** pushed in many times by the hulk.king thor on the other hand is like thor ssj4 so i say king thor .thor puts up great fights with the hulk king thor would just over power him.

Majestic_Lizard said:
To make if fair let's assume we are referring to the best versions of both: King Thor and the Gestalt Hulk. (Not the omnipotent version of Thor, that would be an obvious outcome.)

Speed and Agility:
Thor can cover distance on foot faster, is more agile, and has better reaction time than the Hulk. Aided by his hammer Thor can traverse vast distances instantaneously. Hulk can jump a few miles.

Intelligence and Cunning:
The Hulk (Gestalt version) is a genius. He isn't just book smart; he has insight and is quite calculating. Thor is smarter than average. As King Thor he is quite intelligent, but he still isn't on Hulk's level. Hulk also fights dirty and Thor does not.

Strength and Durability:
King Thor can lift hundreds of tons (its been observed) and can use various enchantments to increase his strength significantly. The Hulk once lifted a mountain wieghing several million tons. Although the Gestalt Hulk doesn't get as strong as fast through rage as the others, he does get there. (and forget that mindless banner thing where the Hulk gets so mad he turns into Banner, that was just bad writing).

Thor has diamond hard skin. The Hulk can instantaneously regenerate virtually any injury and is bullet proof.

Fightins skills:
Thor has more formal training and experience, but the Hulk is simply a mean, vicious, cunning fighter. About Equal here.

So Thor is faster and more agile. Hulk is stronger, more durable, and more intelligent.

King Thor could beat Hulk if he took him out fast. That is, if he was rational about the fight and didn't try to be "sporting" about it. If he simply knocked Hulk out of the Earth's orbit and into deep space the Hulk would suffocate. Hulk can't do that to Thor because Thor would just fly back, unless he were unconscious in which case he would also suffocate. If he gives Hulk the chance, Hulk will figure out how to kill him.

This one could go either way.

This thread hadn't had a reply in nearly two years. Why, oh why, did you bother bringing it back? :confused: :(

my question exactly. At least he looked for the thread, instead of making a new one

question: If King Thor fought Hulk and the outcome was determined by discussions on an internet message board...would anyone give a ****?

Normal Thor's hammer can generate nuclear levels of energy. Loki's power is greater than the Surfers' and their combined power is less than Thors'. The god blast from normal Thor was kiling Galactus until he fled.this would make the godblast who knows how many millions of times more powerful than a nuke. Odin was more powerful still. He was a full fledged cosmic being in his own right. The Handbook: master edition defines The demigodlike catagories as being able to withstand anything short of a nuclear explosion. This means a nuclear level energy will kill them. Thor has never used this level of attack against the Hulk because he doesn't want to kill the Hulk. Regardless of the damage and fear the Hulk causes Thor considers the Hulk to be on the side of Good and doesn't want to kill Banner for what the Hulk does. Thor has fought the giants of Jotunheim for most of his life and the giants are far stronger than he or the Hulk. Thor has still killed many of them. Ordinary Thor could kill the Hulk with moderate effort if He actually wanted to, King Thor could do this with no effort at all. King Thor would be well up near the top of the list of cosmic beings.

I remember an old What if issue that about what if the Hulk went berserk.In it the Hulk goes through the FF,Iron Man ,Wasp and Ant Man until Thor kills him by breaking his neck.Over I remember it being a cool issue and worth tracking down.This is back when Marvel put some effort into the What Ifs.Worth tracking down,I hope this gets reprinted somewhere down the line.

Hang on, King Thor did kill the Hulk. And without the odinpower if I recall correctly.

Nice knowing you Hulk. King Thor if using everything at his disposal would wipe the floor with you.

Genis-vell said:
Hang on, King Thor did kill the Hulk. And without the odinpower if I recall correctly.
Yeah, but that was kind of weird. He killed the Hulk and the Thing simultaneously. The only explanation I have for it that makes sense is that the Odinpower had permanently boosted his natural strength by a factor of like 10, so he was still much stronger than the two of them. Regular Thor would get stomped between the Thing and the Hulk, or maybe take out the Thing and then be too exhausted to put up much of a fight against the Hulk.

and he did it with ONE ARM:rolleyes:

and what happened to the hulks healing factor?

Yeah, badly executed all around. That fight was one of the few missteps Jurgens made with the otherwise cool King Thor saga.

gammamega said:
Thor's hammer has the power to defeat the Hulk.
Yet mjolnir has NEVER seriously hurt the Hulk.

Not saying it couldn't defeat the Hulk, though, especially an unraged Hulk.

King Thor and even normal Thor can kill the Hulk. But staying dead, I don't think Hulk would since he has come back from the dead in the past.

Johnny Blaze said:
I'd like to see King Thor take on the greatest Hulk ever created...The Maestro. :hulk:
The greatest Hulk is War Hulk.

Johnny Blaze said:
Who are the Dark Gods anyway? Never heard of them before. :confused:

The Dark Gods are the mirror opposites of the Asgardians. They're insanely powerful. The Dark Gods were able to defeat and imprison all of Asgard, including Odin. Thor, Herculese, and the Destroyer bled a three man campaign against the entirety of their armies, and when their queen fused all of the dark gods into one gaint monster, Thor blasted it into cosmic dust with his hammer. Kickass storyline.

Johnny Blaze said:
Asgardians aren't immortal either. They just have extremely extended lifespans.

I beleive it was stated that Mr. Immortal is one of the only btrue nimmortals in the Marvel universe. The rest, while highly resiliant, are still capable of dying. It just takes alot more to do the job.

They didn't defeat the destroyer per se, they simply overwhelmed him with sheer numbers

Funny how Thors Godforce ass ****ed the combined power of the Dark gods, yet did virtually nothing to Juggernaut:o

Cytorrak is a bit of a beast

Bapman said:
I bet if HULK was pissed enough... he'd have destroyed Asgard too but rather than KICKING odin around... he would

SMASH !!!
Doesn't King Thor KILL the Hulk, Cap, and Wolverine during the reigning series of vol2 Thor?????!!!!!

Dude I need to start reading the WHOLE thread before I post damn my impatiance

Also in almost every fight between the Hulk and Thor the outcome has been a draw, or Thor barely getting beaten but NOT OUT!!!! with the exception of the King Thor storyline which allowed Thor to finally fight ALL OUT against his foes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"