The Avengers Can we all agree CAP'S costume was HORRENDOUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UHQ page with Cap's costume from the Art of the Avengers book:
7156413586_4b309c83de_o.jpg
Judging by the look of things, I'm quite satisfied with the final result. Yes, it is not perfect and still needs some improvements (less zips and things on the belt, perhaps they could throw away the silver stripes as well) and make it even more flexible. I hope that they'll have a new version of his suit for Cap 2 during their concept art stuff and 2013 shootings.

Something like that would be sweet (hence the boots and belt pockets):

ultimatecaptainamerica_adigranov.jpg

I have to say, this conceptual artwork looks fantastic. I must admit that I wasn't very thrilled with Cap's costume from the movie stills and photos prior to the movie's release, and I still like his costume from TFA:CA much better. However, when I was watching the movie, it did not bother me at all, and the costume looks much better in motion. I still would like them to modify and improve the design in Cap 2, though.

Well I dont think we'll have to worry about any bad designs for the next film....seeing as it won't be Coulson giving creative input :p

Too soon?

I also think its his face because as good looking (purely objectively speaking ;) ) that Chris is...he doesn't really have the square jaw and if you see him from the side his nose is kinda hooked downward and this just seemed to conflict with the look. However, the mask was bad. I think it missing the wings actually and they easily could have worked those in as some over zealous design from Coulson.

I always think most comic book superheros looks are pretty outdated and outlandish and the movie needs to connect with the general public (who are not comic book fans).

Lose the cowl, and modified the looks to be slightly more modern

The picture darthmagic posted seems pretty cool.

Disagree. People go into superhero movies knowing that they are going to watch SUPERHEROES. It defeats the purpose to alter them so that they are no longer fantastical, for the sake of looking more modern. Would Spiderman look good with a tactical suit? Or Superman? The only one it would fit would be Batman, and that is because the whole premise with him IS that he is "realistic".

Just look at The Avengers. Taking the world by storm, and doing it in full colorful comic book style, star-spangled and caped and green. The GA loved it.

Captain America should stay as he is. Coulson (and in effect, Whedon) said it best, "The way things are going, I think people could use a little old-fashioned."

Evans was great...but i need to know the name and location of whoever came up with the design for that costume.

He looked VERY VERY stupid in it.

How is it that his costume from over 50 years ago had a better design and look?

thoughts....

ibx6lOiImD10vr.gif

It ain't hating, it's being truthful

Put your fanship to one side...he looked REALLY stupid in that costume.

I mean, that is something you can buy in a costume shop and looks like it took two seconds to make.

Need more creativity and a bit more effort.

tbh, i didn't care either way.

I loved the first avenger suit better than the avengers suit. But nothing about the avengers suit rubbed me the wrong way.

Evans was great...but i need to know the name and location of whoever came up with the design for that costume.

He looked VERY VERY stupid in it.

How is it that his costume from over 50 years ago had a better design and look?

thoughts....

I agree with you. Specially next to the other ones which looked great.

I didn't mind the suit. It wasn't perfect but it never took me away from the film either.

Discuss this in the Cap forum, this thread is useles. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"