Can we give Colm Feore a hand?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Rock Sexton, May 10, 2011.

1. Rock Sexton Registered

That cold, sinister stare ..... that voice ..... his portrayal of Laufey was yet another aspect of the film that I absolutely loved.

2. The Morningstar Registered

Yea, Laufey was awesome. Had some great lines "You're nothing but a boy, trying to prove yourself a man".

And the scene where Loki kills him can be easily overlooked... but it was Loki killing his real father. Shows that despite Loki's confrontation with Odin and the revelation about his true heritage, he considers Odin his real father and truly loves him.

3. ladyloki Registered

OMG I know .. he was fantastic , as I said in another post it while I enjoyed the other characters it was the villians that really drew me in . Colm Feore was fantastic in his role as laufey , first time I saw him I was like man you do not want to cross this guy . He just commands a presence and his scenes with odin was awesome , job well done by Feore :yay:

I agree with you morningstar laufey was the guy who left him out in the cold because of his size , odin was the one who raised and cared for him .

4. Aztec Registered

Yes he was fantastic. In a film full of excellent performances, sometimes some actors get overlooked.

5. MahvelBaby! Registered

One of my favorite performance in the film, absolutely loved it, he took a role that could have easily been forgetable and really worked it. I'd like for the Skrulls to be handled the same way if they are in the Avengers.

6. Rowsdower! Registered

Yeah, totally loved him. His voice chilled me to the bone. He was genuinely creepy, which is something you don't expect in a superhero film. I said this in another thread... he reminded me of the final boss in a good Baldur's Gate style video game... you know, the dude who is twice your size, can kill you with one shot and has a voice that could make Superman crap his pants.

7. Vartha Mod of Thunder

........what happened to Clom's hands where he needs ours? ...........:D

lol Seriously, Colm was amazing as Laufey. It's really to bad Loki double crossed him.

8. MahvelBaby! Registered

^Yeah I was actually sad to see him go :/ Wanted to see more of him eventually.......do frost giants go to Nifleheim? O_O

9. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Yeah that guy was creepy and scary.

10. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Good question, I would think with the abandoning of Loki he would.

11. SuperSoldier985 That's Funny

The makeup was amazing...Had an organic, old school feel to it...

12. WildcatNC I'm on a BOAT ***** !

13. DarthDaveBanner Registered

Definitely loved Laufey, I was suprised at how BIG he looked! Great effects.

Despite him being an absolute monster for most of the film I kind of felt sorry for him when Loki betrayed him....but hey bring on Ymir for a sequel!

14. Kokomo29 "You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"

Give him a hand? No way!!!

He scared the living (you know what) outta me!!! No way I'm sticking around to give him a hand. The dude was straight-up scary!!!

All kidding aside, he did a fantastic job!!! I was very, very impressed by the acting of this movie (from all aspects).

15. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I thought he was at his best when talking with Odin after the initial battle that Thor started.

16. Rock Sexton Registered

Yup ... the way he coasted up to him on that block of ice .... "All-Father you're looking weary"

17. Venomfan Registered

can someone explain to me what the deal is with frost giants like ymir and laufey? i looked them up on wikipedia and got no answers. ymir is 1000 feet tall and looks like an actual giant made of ice where as the picture of laufey looked pretty much the same as he does in the movie. then it said ymir is from niffelheim, but the frost giants in the movie (and laufey in the comics) are from jotunheim

18. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well a Frost Giant isn't actually ice but they do live in colder ice covered worlds.
    Ymir IS made of Ice, he's older than any Frost Giant, he's like an Elder god, he was one the first to be created in the Norse worlds being part of the elements.
    Tho he is an ICE Giant not a Frost Giant.

19. jacobed Registered

I loved Laufey, I've only seen Colm in Season 7 of 24 and I was shocked at how great his performance in Thor was. He was really creepy especially when I think its the first time you see him and his face is kind of shadowed but you can still his see his scary eyes and hear his voice. Oofta creepy.

20. Bren Forevernoob

'Twas brilliant, loved his manner there! Actually, I loved his manner everywhere, but especially there.

Watching him and Odin interact, that's why I'd love a prequel with those two.

21. Blight616 Registered

Colm always delivers, I've been a fan of his ever since I saw The Stand. His interactions with Odin were amazing.

22. BigThor God of Thunder

I loved his interaction with Odin, it was one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

23. sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

He was fantastic! I loved him as Laufey, gave me chills.