CAP Alert

they ain't gonna come, Hero. He only does reviews now if someone sponsers him $350. So the only way you'll see em is if someone's dumb enough to pay that and request reviews of those two

Elijya said:
they ain't gonna come, Hero. He only does reviews now if someone sponsers him $350. So the only way you'll see em is if someone's dumb enough to pay that and request reviews of those two
Hey, sitting through the first half hour of a movie and listening to potty-mouth speech takes a lot out of you.

Wait...doesn't he get into the movies for free?And isn't it a non-profit ministry?I guess he doen't have a job,and relies on donations to support his oft-mentioned wife and kids.Pathetic.

My latest e-mail exchange (I couldn't find the really good ones from two years or so ago, but this one comes from a couple months ago; my words in blue):

You claim your reviews cost $353 each. Are we honestly supposed to believe it costs that much to write an article and make a few poorly-constructed graphics?

If you can do a CAP analysis for less while raising a family of nine go right ahead. But wait! You can't do a CAP analysis at all.

You are a con artist of the worst variety.

That you say I am does not make it so. Don't feel so threatened by that which you do not understand. [EDITOR'S NOTE: I-i-i-rony.]

You use people's poor understanding of their religious texts to brainwash them into sharing your views and padding your pockets.

I would hardly call a year's salary of $9,800 for 2005 padding my pockets.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged. Condemn not, lest ye be condemned."

With an attitude like yours and a completely empty understanding of what it takes to prepare just one film analysis, I doubt you would dare go to the trouble to read a page read that would sink your entire diatribe. So I'll give it to you here. From our home page:

JU-UDGE NOT LEST YE BE JU-UDGED!

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

This is the verse so many use to try to shame Christians for discerning poor behavior, ethics, morals, and values: the "ju-udge not lest ye be ju-udged" verse. So many times people, mostly teens have emailed us saying "judge not lest you be judged" regarding our analysis reports which reveal to their parents the content of movies. Using ONLY Matt 7:1 is entirely incomplete. This verse is NOT speaking to not judging -- it is speaking to not judging harshly, unfair, or any other cheap and selfish way. Read the REST OF THE STORY ...

Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others [there is the authority to judge], you will be judged [if we judge poorly, we will be judged poorly; if we judge well, we will be judged well], and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you [if we use extremes to manipulate the outcome, extremes will be used on us]. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye [point out his sins, "minor" in Jesus' example here] and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye [our own sins, even and especially those we will not see, magnified by our selective blindness]? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' [tell him of his "minor" sins] when all the time there is a plank in your own eye [that there are greater or the same sins in our own lives which we do nothing about]? You hypocrite [telling/accusing others of sins while thinking one is above sin], first take the plank out of your own eye [sincerely ask the Lord for forgiveness and learn AND live the Truth and Light by His Word], and then you will see clearly [be in a righteous position] to remove the speck from your brother's eye [to judge and to help him out of his bondage to sin]." At Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan, Jesus was talking to the multitudes gathered there after hearing of His message and of His healings to beseech them to not become like the Pharisees and hypocrites who think they are above sin.

And, as a FEW examples of His desire for us to judge,

* 1Cor. 6:2-3 Do you not know that the saints [the saved; Christians] will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
* Prov. 3:21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight;
* John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
* Jer. 22:3 Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness...
* Phil. 1:10 so that you may be able to discern [judge] what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ...
* Phil. 1:7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you [judge you]...

Matt 7:1 seems to support the allusion that we are not to judge at all IF we use small-vision tactics by narrow-mindedly selecting only that SMALL piece of the total of what Jesus was saying. Matt 7:1 DOES NOT tell us not to judge at all -- it tells us to not judge with unfairness or superficiality: to not use our own understanding to judge. Look at John 7:24. There, Jesus TELLS us to judge, but to do so righteously. Righteously means to use the Truth of the Word to reveal sins and NOT by appearances only. Judge we must else we could not tell good from bad, proper from improper, righteousness from evil.

And to continue, Matt 7:6 says. "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." How are we going to know who are the "dogs" and the "pigs" if we do not judge?

Yes, we do have the right and the authority to judge the behavior of others (AND ourselves) as long as we honor and obey His Word doing it. That Jesus is the only one who can judge is speaking to judging whether someone is or is not saved. Neither you or I nor anyone else who has ever drawn a breath (except Jesus) or ever will draw a breath has the authority to say whether another has or has not been saved. Only Jesus can make that judgment since only He can give Salvation.

The Bible provides quite enough knowledge and understanding to make each of us a righteous judge of behavior, even and especially our own IF we r-e-a-d it and not just look at the words AND use the TOTAL of what He says, not just the pieces that seem to fit an agenda: that seem to fill our own bellies.

And I bet you think your conservative view is the only way to God.

His way is the only way to Him. Whether you believe it or not. Whether you like it or not. Whether you care or not.

And if you don't like what you see on our pages, don't visit them. At least I won't have to tolerate your libelous hate [EDITOR'S NOTE: Again...IRONY.] in our inbox again. You are blocked from it.

DDRSkata said:
You claim your reviews cost $353 each. Are we honestly supposed to believe it costs that much to write an article and make a few poorly-constructed graphics?

If you can do a CAP analysis for less while raising a family of nine go right ahead. But wait! You can't do a CAP analysis at all.
So,he's essentialy proved my point that he has no job and relies on ridiculously over-priced donations to take care of his family.Nice.

That Jesus is the only one who can judge is speaking to judging whether someone is or is not saved. Neither you or I nor anyone else who has ever drawn a breath (except Jesus) or ever will draw a breath has the authority to say whether another has or has not been saved.
So only Jesus has the right of judging someones soul,and yet you said that everyone involved in the production of Bad News Bears was going straight to hell.

You know what's truly sad?I'm a Christian,but this guy is causing me to seriously doubt my beliefs.:(

The Hero said:
You know what's truly sad?I'm a Christian,but this guy is causing me to seriously doubt my beliefs.:(

Don't let it get you down..there's a saying in my church that "if the chruch weren't true, the members would have ruined it a long time ago" Just because he's a nut, don't let that affect how you feel.

And as for saying talking animals are of the devil, what about the talking ass [donkey] in Numbers 23 I think it is?

I'm throwing around the idea of e-mailing this and/or Jesus Christ:Super Cop to our fanatical little buddy.Any thoughts?

His review ofHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I'll let Seanbaby handle this one:

Sorcery runs rampant in our nation’s classrooms, daycares and playgrounds. Our juvenile magician prisons are overflowing with the criminally magical and the Mystic Wasteland of Drax continues to launch unicorns at our borders. Some hardcore Christians say Harry Potter is to blame. Since the books have been in print, they’ve been constantly seducing children away from helping the elderly and into the fast-paced world of demonic powers.

I love you.:up:

His review of the vile,perverted Hilary Duff film A Cinderella Story.

He lists "Internet romance" under Sexual Immorality.What about that is inherently immoral?:confused:

The Hero said:
His review of the vile,perverted Hilary Duff film A Cinderella Story.

He lists "Internet romance" under Sexual Immorality.What about that is inherently immoral?:confused:

I suppose that falls under the same heading as having 9 kids and a wife to support and only making 10 grand a year.

Flexo said:
Now I really want to read the book or see the movie. Thanks CAP Alert! :) :up:

It's a really good movie. I recomend it.

Is there any basis to his "Harvard agrees with us!" argument?I'm too lazy to research.

The Hero said:
His review ofHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I'll let Seanbaby handle this one: [snip funny quote]

Sean said:
"Harry Potter: Harmless Children’s Fantasy?
The Christians complain that when people object to fantasy books, they’re made to look like fools. But you see, the lie that it’s fantasy is that — get this — IT’S NOT. Now, while you try to find the socks that just got blown the hell off your feet, let me explain it as the video explained it to me: If Harry Potter was fake, witches all over the world would be complaining about how fake it was. And since they’re not, the spells in Harry Potter are all real.

Sad to say, all evidence I have yet seen shows they absolutely do believe this... it boggles my mind to think there are people alive in the 21st century who believe that black magic, sorcery and necromancy are real things that produce results in the real world, TODAY, but they're out there.

Once I mentioned to someone [who shall remain nameless] an anecdote about a third party who was a hard-core Fundamentalist Christian who believed that homo sapiens and dinosaurs existed on this planet at the same time. She looked at me hard, blinked and said, "....but they did. What do you mean, they didn't? We heard about that in church just this week!"

"So how come we're not finding human remains and dinosaur fossils/remains in the same strata?"

"Because they're covering it up." ["They" evidently meaning those godless forces of science/archaology; I admit to scooting my chair a little farther away and not enquiring further.]

No offense, Christians here, but many of your tribe are an extremely strange, and extremely funny, bunch. The amusing thing is they give stuff like Harry Potter far more importance, and attention, than it really deserves.

I'm still trying to ferret out an answer from Christians as to why C.S. Lewis's works are good, but Harry Potter is bad. They -both- have magic; often wielded by very bad people.

Evil Symbols to keep away from your children

I love that they feel they have to tell parents that if your kid takes intrest in swastikas,you should be concerned.Because it looks like a bent cross,not because it's a neo-nazi symbol.No,there was nothing wrong with killing those godless jews.

(okay,that was a little unfair,I admit,but just read that page)

Though Hitler had made a covenant with Satan to build the Third Reich
What?:confused:

Look what he wa to say about the peace symbol:

Little did the student movement and anti-Vietnam war activists know they were promoting the main doctrine of the church of Satan -- "Do what thou wilt' is the whole of the law." Or maybe they DID know what they were promoting? At least some of them likely did.

*sigh*:(

By the way,Symbiotica,it's Seanbaby.He didn't spend eleven years at a fraternity to be called Sean.

MOVIES REFLECT THE REAL WORLD, RIGHT?

Maybe.

Let us take a look at that idea for a moment then you decide for yourself.

If I were a betting man ...

Answers this. How many people have you actually seen murdered? And not through a camera, not on film, video, paper or screen but in actual real life? Twenty? Ten? Two? I'd bet not nearly as many as you have seen "murdered" in the movies.

How many people do you actually know on a first-name basis and by face-to-face recognition by all parties involved who have killed 52 people? Five? No? One? None I'd bet.

How many people do you actually know who have busted out of prison by killing others? None I'd bet.

And more pointedly, how many teenage girls do you know on a first name basis in daily life who have bared their chest for a neighborhood boy's video camera? Ten? No? Five? No? Two? No? None I'd bet.

Even more pointedly, how many neighborhood fathers do you know on a first name basis who have killed another neighborhood father because the murdering father thought he saw the victim father engaged in immoral sex with his son? None I'd bet.

Then do movies really reflect the real world in which you personally live? Or do movies rather paint your perception of the real world for you?

We have become so drugged by the narcotics of extremes in and as entertainment that what once was morally unacceptable has become morally invisible. It may be that our "real world" is tending to reflect what we are told in movies.
I'm very tempted to quote The Simpsons,but I'll resist.

So,what this guy is getting at is...what?That movies are responsible for all murders,prison escapes,and Girls Gone Wild videos?Or that that these thing don't actualy happen,but movies fool us into thinking they do?

Prisoner #1:Hey,Phil!

Prisoner #2:What?

Prisoner #1:I just whatched The Shawshank Redemption,and guess what?You can escape from prison!

Prison #2: What?Escape from prison?You must of misunderstood the movie...

Prison #1:No,this guy was in prison and at the end he just...escaped!Could you ever have imagened such a concept?All these years they've been using the honer system with locking our cells,when we could have just walked out!

Prisoner #2:You...you've blown my mind...I need to lie down...

Check out the description of the Anarchy symbol.

I love that. As an Athiest anarchist, I feel proud to have that up there. Heheh, yeah.

example programming included...shoving a pineapple into Hitler's anus while dressed as a ballerina
I love the analytical way he describes some of the thing in these movies.Is he against shoving a pineapple up Hitler's anus?If not that,then how does he imagine Hell for Hitler?

He was also angry with the Saddam/Satan relationship in South Park:BLU.Saddam Hussein is a bad guy,Satan is a bad guy,and they believe homosexuality to be evil,so you would think they would consider Saddam being Satan's gay lover an apt portrayal.Reminds me of a Kids in the Hall sketch:

"I don't see what the problem was.Hitler was a bad guy,so we thought the best way to portray this was to have him **** a donkey."

Excess cleavage, dressing to maximize the female form and/or skin exposure plus ghosting of female anatomy through a "wet T-shirt"

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/spiderman.htm

i wonder how much cleavage isn't excess.
i also wonder what score the bible would get by his ratings if it were a film. after all many events happen in it that he dissaproves of. otherwise he wouldn't know what to dissaprove of.

Why don't you CAP the bible?

And yes,it's every bit as hypocritical as you'd think it would be.The Bible isn't offensive because it doesn't show you anything?And yet they loved The Passion of the Christ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"