The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I just realized that given on how Captain America dived into the Water first, why isn't he somewhat soaked in it when boarding the ship?

Awesome TV spot really good looking forward to this movie! Winter has come at last!

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I just realized that given on how Captain America dived into the Water first, why isn't he somewhat soaked in it when boarding the ship?

Well haven't scientists already created clothes that don't get wet were the water just slides right off? I wouldn't think it's inconceivable SHIELD would have something like that for him.

That's my explanation at any rate.

This is probably the closest we're going to get to a great Metal Gear Solid film.

Well haven't scientists already created clothes that don't get wet were the water just slides right off? I wouldn't think it's inconceivable SHIELD would have something like that for him.

That's my explanation at any rate.

Considering how unbelievable Cap's shield is, I don't think uniforms that don't get wet is that far-fetch.

Just watched the four minute clip.

I love watching Evans as Cap, but the movie still looks and feels like television to me, not unlike 24 or something.

Still not a fan of ScarJo in these films. Her distinct voice (not just the accent) just sticks out too much. Her action scenes are always underwhelming as well.

I do think the movie will be good though because I think the story could head in some interesting directions. One old-fashioned man bringing down the entire SHIELD organization just feels so unbelievably badass. "It looks like you're giving the orders now Cap". Love that aspect.

Last edited:

I love watching Evans as Cap, but the movie still looks and feels like television to me, not unlike 24 or something.

Still not a fan of ScarJo in these films. Her distinct voice (not just the accent) just sticks out too much. Her action scenes are always underwhelming as well.

I do think the movie will be good though because I think the story could head in some interesting directions. One old-fashioned man bringing down the entire SHIELD organization just feels so unbelievably badass. "It looks like you're giving the orders now Cap". Love that aspect.

1361382690-fillion.gif

These days, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, 24 had its cinematic moments, and the AMC/FX/HBO shows are pretty cinematic in and of themselves. Hell, the pilot of LOST was absolutely gorgeous, and don't get me started on the beauty that was the entirety of Friday Night Lights. The movie version felt more like a single episode of television than the TV show itself ever did.

I mean, the quality of television has skyrocketed over the past few years that, now when I hear someone say "It looks like a TV show", that's not necessarily an insult to me.

Right. I guess what I mean is that I'm just not a fan of the cinematography, lighting, etc.

And yes, the LOST Pilot was gorgeous. Dat Larry Fong ;)

Last edited:
I think ScarJo does a amazing job as BW to be honest about it.

d7tuxeB.gif

To each their own, but quite frankly I don't get this idea that TWS looks like a TV show. Well, maybe a HBO series like Game of Throne because that show is epic and very cinematic. And ScarJo's BW is underwhelming? Gonna agree to disagree.

IMO the ScarJo pick squanders the potential of the character. The way she walks and talks lacks the edge and the style that could make Black Widow a total badass. She lacks that 'femme fatale' quality that Romjin had for Mystique (not Lawrence) or Traue had for Faora.

Black_Widow_1.jpg

ScarJo just doesn't seem cold enough to me. I don't believe it for a second when she says "love is for children". Using Agents of SHIELD terms, she's too much Skye, not enough Ming Na Wen, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
BW was more like Melinda May in IM2, more of a silent, bruiser type of agent.

In the comics, depending on who's writing her, she can be quippy and banter with the others. I remember her bantering when Brubaker wrote her with Bucky and when she was on Secret Avengers. Even in the main Avengers books she has her moments of levity. In the trailer, the
part where she secures the engine room and takes out a guard with a pipe super brutally and nonchalantly walks away
reminds me of a couple of panels in her most recent series by Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto where she
stabs a crime lord she was paid to rescue in a crocodile-infested river and leaves him to be eaten
She's brutal and efficient, and she talks out of both sides of her mouth.

To each their own, but I find ScarJo's interpretation in Avengers and what we've seen so far in the trailers to be very close to canon Widow, what I've read at least.

BW was more like Melinda May in IM2, more of a silent, bruiser type of agent.

In the comics, depending on who's writing her, she can be quippy and banter with the others. I remember her bantering when Brubaker wrote her with Bucky and when she was on Secret Avengers. Even in the main Avengers books she has her moments of levity. In the trailer, the
part where she secures the engine room and takes out a guard with a pipe super brutally and nonchalantly walks away
reminds me of a couple of panels in her most recent series by Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto where she
stabs a crime lord she was paid to rescue in a crocodile-infested river and leaves him to be eaten
She's brutal and efficient, and she talks out of both sides of her mouth.

To each their own, but I find ScarJo's interpretation in Avengers and what we've seen so far in the trailers to be very close to canon Widow, what I've read at least.
I like how she's changed in each subsequent appearance since IM2. I think they've basically infused the comic book version of BW with part of ScarJo's personality to create what we see in the movies.

Yeah, BW isn't a cold, emotionless, hardass all the time. She perfectly capable of smiling, or making small talk, or even cracking jokes on occasion. She professional, but she's most definitely not as cold as Faora or May.

Yeah, there needs to be a balance. I just don't think she ever really pulls off the cold, stylish, femme-fatale side of the character; and there's not enough emphasis of it.

As is, what's the draw to the character in the movies? If she wasn't from the comics, would you say that this ScarJo character is cool?

"I got this great idea for a character. She's an agent. She's got red hair, and she fights. You know, like martial arts!"

Yeah, there needs to be a balance. I just don't think she ever really pulls off the cold, stylish, femme-fatale side of the character; and there's not enough emphasis of it.

As is, what's the draw to the character in the movies? If she wasn't from the comics, would you say that this ScarJo character is cool?

"I got this great idea for a character. She's an agent. She's got red hair, and she fights. You know, like martial arts!"
Seems like you're nitpicking a bit here.

You call it nitpicking. I call it explaining why she doesn't do anything for me.

Falcon on the other hand, looks like he's going to have some exhilarating action scenes.

Last edited:
A little late, but that was the quickest four minutes trailer ever. I need more :csad:

Sometimes, it's hard for me to believe that the Russo's biggest accomplishment, regarding films and finance was "You, Me, and Dupree" before making this film.

I see there's a lot of nitpicking going on.

Okay, it's nitpicking. I must actually enjoy ScarJo as Black Widow, I just don't realize it yet. :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"