The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to cuddle with this movie, I wanna kiss it good night and whisper sweet, sweet nothings in it's ear.
That's what I was wanting to do with Bucky by the end of the movie :funny:

seriously.... just wanted to give the guy a hug.... or something..... maybe more :sus

*slinks back to my fangirl gutter mind*

There's a poster in CHUD forum that said he thinks Evans is the best Superman since Christopher Reeves. I can't help but agree with this statement somewhat.
One of the reason I am big fan of Cap and Superman is that they share similar values I find quite inspiring. Proof positive that you can still be a good man, a kind man and still be interesting.

Last edited:
My father watches Justified. He doesn't know what is going on half the time, but he watches it. That and anything with Gordon Ramsay for some reason.

But on to something a bit more on topic, and perhaps even more important. Chris Evans in TWS or Henry Cavill in MoS? Or has Sebastian Stan or Anthony Mackie stole your heart? :hehe:
Oh my god that is such a tough one. I gotta get back to you on that one.

While she have been underused... I thought Cobie as Maria was good. I love it when she takes the helmet off but man I wonder how she made it through with all that tight security...

While she have been underused... I thought Cobie as Maria was good. I love it when she takes the helmet off but man I wonder how she made it through with all that tight security...

Perhaps Pierce didn't see her as a threat?

hmmm you may be right about that but still...hmmm

She was quite badass with what she had to work with. I hope to see more of her but how?

hmmm you may be right about that but still...hmmm

She was quite badass with what she had to work with. I hope to see more of her but how?

She says that she'll be in Age of Ultron.

How they bring her back for Agents of SHIELD season two remains to be seen.

Really? Along with Black Widow? :)

I wonder how small or big of a role...probably not that big but an important role?

Really? Along with Black Widow? :)

I wonder how small or big of a role...probably not that big but an important role?

Now that she's working at Stark Industries, I would guess so.

The issue would be that Coulson's team is now on their own due to the events of this movie. They will find out eventually. How Coulson reacts is another issue.

Question -I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case (it's regarding Peggy): In the movie...
was it clear who Peggy married? I can't remember if the caption on her 50's interview footage had a different last name, and I forgot to look at who was in the pictures on her nightstand. Was it anyone specific (i.e. one of the Howling Commandos) or was it just a non-descript soldier?

Question -I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case (it's regarding Peggy): In the movie...
was it clear who Peggy married? I can't remember if the caption on her 50's interview footage had a different last name, and I forgot to look at who was in the pictures on her nightstand. Was it anyone specific (i.e. one of the Howling Commandos) or was it just a non-descript soldier?
I didn't recognize the fella in the picture

Woke up this morning and remembered how awesome this film was last night. :yay:

I didn't recognize the fella in the picture
I didn't recognize him. It looked like there was a child in the photo, which means she either had a kid with him or it's someone else's. It'll be interesting to see if they follow up on her in either AoU,CA3, or even her own series.

Yay! Glad that I SEE SPIDEY liked it. A lot, apparently!

Yay! Glad that I SEE SPIDEY liked it. A lot, apparently!
I liked it very much. Evans has sold the character to me. He's probably my favourite Avenger, along with RDJ's Iron Man.

I think what worked well is this felt like Captain America 2. Sure, it's a part of the greater MCU, but if you watched the first Cap flick and then this, it wouldn't be jarring. For example we see Peggy again, Cap's old training ground, Bucky returns and we get the origin again via the exhibit - bridging the gap between then and now.

I hope that the MCU addresses the fate of Dum Dum, Gabe Jones and Jacques Dernier in present day. I would guess that all three are in the same situation as Peggy.

I hope that the MCU addresses the fate of Dum Dum, Gabe Jones and Jacques Dernier in present day. I would guess that all three are in the same situation as Peggy.

They were all older than Peggy and Steve. At least Dum Dum was. If Steve is supposed to be 95, Dum Dum definitely wouldn't be alive at this point.

I'd love to see them in action again, either in the upcoming Agent Carter series or maybe during the 60's scenes in Ant-Man.

:woot: I'm really glad that Marvel took a chance on the Russos.

What? They hired those tv comedy guys? This will be awful, I herebye decree!

Would be amusing to go back to the early casting news and see who panicked over the Russo hiring.

Would be amusing to go back to the early casting news and see who panicked over the Russo hiring.

Isn't it funny that the "funny guys" they hired ended up making the most serious in tone MCU film to this point, by far? I love irony, lol! :woot:

I understand people being skeptical of a hiring but I really think all the panicking should stop. The directors literally had never done a film like Winter Soldier so why not just sit back and give them a chance?

People need to have faith in the Russo Brothers.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"