First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear to me that some of the effects shots that people dislike are supposed to be in 3D which is why they seem so jarring.

Awesome trailer! This looks like it will be an amazing comic book movie!

I can't get over how FUN this film looks. Chris Evans really was an inspired choice for the role.

Just saw the trailer

July 22nd needs to get here faster damn it.

Also in regards to Atwell I am officially :hrt:

yea, she's got an interesting look.
at first I was worried that she had too strong a jaw cut and thre was too much white in her eyes if you catch my drift, now I think she looks great.

Even though miss dormer is much more lovely.

Wow, man; that new trailer was excellent! This looks like it's going to be THE comic movie of the summer, imo....:cap:

:up:

Yeah, graveyard shifts suck. How I miss the sun.

isn't this 2D?

Shot in 2D, Post converted to 3D, like Thor. Not as good as true 3D though it wasn't badly done with Thor (was a lot better there than with 'Clash of the Titans' at any rate).

Shot in 2D, Post converted to 3D, like Thor. Not as good as true 3D though it wasn't badly done with Thor (was a lot better there than with 'Clash of the Titans' at any rate).
3D conversions are looking a lot better since then. I think it gets too bad of a rep, IMO.

Heres an interview with Weaving that tells us officially something that has been debated here until now.

Actor Hugo Weaving now discusses creating the human element, and essentially how he should sound.
"I listened to a lot of Werner Herzog talking... also Klaus Maria Brandauer. I thought Klaus Maria Brandauer’s accent was probably more interesting in one way, but the more I listened to Werner Herzog, the more I found him amusing. So I sort of started to lean more towards him. There’s something wonderfully mad about him."

"I think the major difference between Skull and Cap, they've both had the serum, and the serum seems to augment certain qualities that each of them have. Cap is much more in tune with other people I think. Schmidt is in tune with himself, and his own needs, and his own ego, so I suppose it augments that. From that point of view, they’re quite opposite."

That settles that. Its not the Cube that does it to him, though many have guessed as much.

Awesome trailer.

Natalie Dormer is obviously a Nazi spy, though.

The new trailer is great, everything feels spot on from the tone to the design right through to the fantastic looking action.

I see
so it's like thor then.

and like potter apparently.
That explains that shot with the shield throw

I am very happy to say that I have not seen the new trailer :) I have dug deep down and told myself that that would be the last straw...nothing more but forums and the occassional picture until July 22nd :D

TIME TRAVEL! AWAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaayyyy

I'm glad they're showing more skinny Steve and saving the big money shots with Cap for the actual movie. I'm just hoping the montage of his other missions like when he's on top of the train doesn't go by too quickly.
I think that's necessary, so people find that Steve has always been heroic even when his slight frame made it hard to convince other people of that.

It was shot in 2D with the plan for a 3D conversion (because Johnston didn't like the 3D cameras they tested), though, so that's a little different.

Actor Hugo Weaving now discusses creating the human element, and essentially how he should sound.
"I listened to a lot of Werner Herzog talking... also Klaus Maria Brandauer. I thought Klaus Maria Brandauer’s accent was probably more interesting in one way, but the more I listened to Werner Herzog, the more I found him amusing. So I sort of started to lean more towards him. There’s something wonderfully mad about him."

Now that's awesome. :)

This was a great piece. It's cool that they've considered revisiting WWII in future films because I'd like to see Strucker and Zemo down the line maybe.

Q: In terms of franchise potential for the characters, presumably anything you do following on from this won't be set in World War II?

Feige: Well, not necessarily. If audiences tell us they're exhausted with it, then maybe, but this movie, taking place over almost three years, two or three years, we don't see everything Cap and Bucky did over that time period. We track his very specific Hydra, Skull-oriented missions over those two-and-a-half, three years, but you'll see many, many gaps that can be filled later, specifically so we can go back and explore. I love the way [Ed] Brubaker, the first few pages of one of the comics, will be a World War II adventure, and inform whatever his present day adventure is. I think that could be a fun model if we should be so lucky to do two or three of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"