Infinity War Captain America|Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

Chris is most likely gonna resign because his career will grow from it.

how much is he making $$$$$?

I don't know, 10 million? But with Cap's success in the world, he is the second most popular character, he will receive much more if he signs for another movie. It would be a good deal.
He said he's open to making more movies if Marvel wants to.

Remember, RDJ was technically done after AoU and had to resign, which he did. Maybe Evans will too, but that statement seems more final than many past statements. I am thinking Cap may die in this one :*(

I hope not, but I am starting to think it might be the case.

Remember, RDJ was technically done after AoU and had to resign, which he did. Maybe Evans will too, but that statement seems more final than many past statements. I am thinking Cap may die in this one :*(

I hope not, but I am starting to think it might be the case.

It doesn't mean he's going to die, he can retire. Why do people always think the character is going to die? I don't understand this. There are other options.

He is not going to die but he will pass on the shield to Bucky who will then become the new Cap.

It doesn't mean he's going to die, he can retire. Why do people always think the character is going to die? I don't understand this. There are other options.

Someone like Cap would not retire. Sure, retirement is a viable option to write someone off, but for certain characters, retirement is against their character. Cap is the kind of guy that will not stop fighting for those in need. Same with say Batman or Daredevil. The most likely end to either of their stories is just falling in battle one day. Thor likely will retire to Asgard. Tony one day may just not be able to wield the armor anymore and take on other roles. Cap is a fighter. Always has been and always will be. Sadly, the most fitting end for him is to die fighting for something and inspiring others. If this is to wrap everything up, sadly it makes the most sense :csad:

I don't see why the mantle even needs to be passed to someone else. What works in the comics, doesn't necessary work so well in the movies. What is even the point of making Bucky or Falcon being Cap? The true Cap will always be Chris Evans.
Also, after Bucky killing Starks I don't see him wielding that shield ever.

Someone like Cap would not retire. Sure, retirement is a viable option to write someone off, but for certain characters, retirement is against their character. Cap is the kind of guy that will not stop fighting for those in need. Same with say Batman or Daredevil. The most likely end to either of their stories is just falling in battle one day. Thor likely will retire to Asgard. Tony one day may just not be able to wield the armor anymore and take on other roles. Cap is a fighter. Always has been and always will be. Sadly, the most fitting end for him is to die fighting for something and inspiring others. If this is to wrap everything up, sadly it makes the most sense :csad:

You have a point, cause this is exactly what Wanda's vision showed him in AoU. He couldn't have retired even with Peggy, who is a fighter herself. If he will retire with someone else after this, I will call BS.
Although, doesn't mean that MCU can't ignore that and do as they want without any explanations. Wouldn't be the first time for them to do so.

Retirement doesn't mean he will stop fighting. He can find other ways to help people.
They don't need to follow comics, but find other plausible options for it.

I don't see why the mantle even needs to be passed to someone else. What works in the comics, doesn't necessary work so well in the movies. What is even the point of making Bucky or Falcon being Cap? The true Cap will always be Chris Evans.
Also, after Bucky killing Starks I don't see him wielding that shield ever.
I agree!
Thanks! Steve Rogers is Captain America!

Yeah, I'm sick of these suggestions about Steve death. People've learned nothing from CW and repeat that thing over and over again. M&M has already said that you don't want to kill Cap and deal with Evans after this.

Yeah pretty much.

If he is to go down in battle one day I hope they choose the right time. Some fans seem to call for it with every recent film from AoU to CW to IW but it can only be done once so choose wisely. IMO this concept was already wasted too early on in the DCEU in BvS.

Yeah pretty much.

If he is to go down in battle one day I hope they choose the right time. Some fans seem to call for it with every recent film from AoU to CW to IW but it can only be done once so choose wisely. IMO this concept was already wasted too early on in the DCEU in BvS.

Exactly, and they cannot kill Superman again to redeem it either. Cap likely will be back one day, either Evans or new actor...but his death can only be done 1 time. I think IW part 2 would be a good time to do it potentially, but they must be sure Evans is done

Happy 99th Birthday, Captain America!

capitao_america_filme+%255B%2525P%255D.jpg

tumblr_m3lzuj6hhY1rst6m2o2_r3_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_nmb7s8dK4u1rrrkde.gif

tumblr_inline_nmb77kiUCP1rrrkde.gif

That first pic is arguably Marvel's best movie poster.

Every time I re-watch the CA films it'd be hard to see him go if that was his decision. He's the Hugh/Logan of the MCU. Can't imagine another taking the legacy mantle.

I still believe, that Cap will not die. If one big player dies, then it will be Iron Man.. but i do not think, that even that will happen. I still see the Illuminatis coming ;)

Besides that, i think MANY heroes will die in the movie - but they will not stay dead!!!
(just look at the comics - Thanos killed many characters, but they did not stay dead at the end)

I hope, that they do the following with Cap -> retire him, let Bucky or Falcon take the shield, make Cap 4 with the "new" Cap -> with Steve coming back during the movie and taking the shield back at the end!!

And of course - Evans will play Cap for another 10 years!!

I don't know why people think will have a new Cap. Steve Rogers is Captain America, we don't need others playing Cap.

I hope so. In Civil War, I was hoping he'd be the one to give his famous "No, you move!" speech rather than hear it from someone else.

Who gave the speech in Civil War?

I don't know why people think will have a new Cap. Steve Rogers is Captain America, we don't need others playing Cap.

Exactly. The comics and the MCU are two very different universes.No point to pass the mantle to Bucky or Falcon here. Let them be who they are.

Also, I very much doubt it would be believable for Cap to retire, when it's his worst fear.

He might not retire but he might go into hiding, which would give them an excuse not to use him if they can't get the actor.

Maybe Tony Stark could become the new Cap in the MCU. :o

Why?

It is pretty simple - because it is a great story arc.
Would support Steves journey from "being drained" after "IW" - maybe, because some friends will die or the "big battle" in general - to "no, I AM Captain America" at the end of the movie.

You have to show (in the movies after "A4"), that "everybody goes through changes" - and Cap would be the best example!

Look at Iron Man in "IM3" - something similar should be made with Cap, and one possibility is, that he "goes away", someone else takes the shield - and you see Steves journey within the movie back to being a hero. Seeing, that HE is needed, and, what ever happend in "A4", he is Captain America and ever will be.

In my view, the best way to show the effects from "A4"...

We could get that across the next two Avengers movies, because Steve Rogers is no longer Captain America as things stand.

Why?

It is pretty simple - because it is a great story arc.
Would support Steves journey from "being drained" after "IW" - maybe, because some friends will die or the "big battle" in general - to "no, I AM Captain America" at the end of the movie.

You have to show (in the movies after "A4"), that "everybody goes through changes" - and Cap would be the best example!

Look at Iron Man in "IM3" - something similar should be made with Cap, and one possibility is, that he "goes away", someone else takes the shield - and you see Steves journey within the movie back to being a hero. Seeing, that HE is needed, and, what ever happend in "A4", he is Captain America and ever will be.

In my view, the best way to show the effects from "A4"...

No one needs to take the shield and wear Captain America's outfit to continue his legacy. They can be heroes without needing it. Always doing what's right with Steve in mind.
Steve must inspire people, but no one needs to wear Cap's outfit for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"