Captain America

If you can believe a radioactive spider gave some loser powers instead of cancer, then why is it so hard to believe that some loser who got injected with some stuff and became stronger than most regular men can beat down the Hulk?

If you can believe a radioactive spider gave some loser powers instead of cancer, then why is it so hard to believe that some loser who got injected with some stuff and became stronger than most regular men can beat down the Hulk?
Isn't this just a flavour of the month attitude

ie dishonouring one character in order to promote another, instead of perhaps being fair to both of them?

I konw it really doesn't count for toss in a fictional universe but still, it should count as a way of giving dues to the creator and the decades of back history that has provided one with an income?

Isn't this just a flavour of the month attitude

ie dishonouring one character in order to promote another, instead of perhaps being fair to both of them?

I konw it really doesn't count for toss in a fictional universe but still, it should count as a way of giving dues to the creator and the decades of back history that has provided one with an income?

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

So are you saying the serum makes Cap and not Steve?

Not exactly. The serum gave him a means to an end. Before the serum, I repeat, Steve Rogers would just be some lanky kid with some really big balls. He has the heart, the courage, the moral compass, but without the serum, again, he's just some kid.

Not exactly. The serum gave him a means to an end. Before the serum, I repeat, Steve Rogers would just be some lanky kid with some really big balls. He has the heart, the courage, the moral compass, but without the serum, again, he's just some kid.
Agreed. But I don't think he was ever a loser.

I think what November Rain is trying to say is that if the powers of Cap are not changed, then the Hulk's shouldn't be either. I think.

Steve even floated this idea around back in the late 80's during the Power Broker storyline. He briefly considered upping his strength but dismissed it.

I'd say keep Cap the way he is.

I agree with "Steve Rogers" (poster) and Darthphere, characters like Batman and Cap should not get powers(or new/ enhanced ones) I always liked that cap was a major player in the game of heroism, but he didn't have massive or flashy powers. Anyone with high power can mow stuff down, but it takes a special person with skill to take down engines of destruction by using smarts and skill.

I agree with "Steve Rogers" (poster) and Darthphere, characters like Batman and Cap should not get powers(or new/ enhanced ones) I always liked that cap was a major player in the game of heroism, but he didn't have massive or flashy powers. Anyone with high power can mow stuff down, but it takes a special person with skill to take down engines of destruction by using smarts and skill.
A-Men! Precisely the reason I like him so much.

I'd say I agree, but if they are to put him in confrontations with charecters that are infinatly more powerful and have him come out on top or as often hold his own he should have a power up because many of these things just seem too unbelievable.
Paul Gilbert is one of my favorite guitar players of all time. :word:

I think steve should retire when he gets back and only come out of service for hardcore events.

Captain america should be an idea rather than a person, the idea that one man can make a difference and be a representative to everyone out there to keep fighting.

and that was steve rogers and why in the hell should he retire?!

Steve embodied all the elements America stands for. he's a true home grown American boy.

No one can ever replace Captain America/Steve Rogers imo.

Well loser is a term I use for lanky unathletic kids.:huh:

"Pot, meet Kettle."

Pot: "Dude, you're black."

j/k I loves ya, Dodge. n.n:heart:

Steve embodied all the elements America stands for. he's a true home grown American boy.

You act like nobody else on the entire planet could possibly be like Steve Rogers.

If such is the case, then he didn't embody America at all, he simply embodied some random event named Steve Rogers.

"Pot, meet Kettle."

Pot: "Dude, you're black."

j/k I loves ya, Dodge. n.n:heart:

You act like nobody else on the entire planet could possibly be like Steve Rogers.

If such is the case, then he didn't embody America at all, he simply embodied some random event named Steve Rogers.
I always thought Steve embodied everything that Americans should and could be.

This just shows caps works better as a symbol rather than an actual 'offensive weapon'

In that issue highlighted earlier, spidey uses cap's memories as a symbol to help him take out the rhino. I think the flashbacks were taken too far, just having him step in to stop the blow would have sufficed, having him knock out the hulk is a lil extreme.

as for the whole 'element's jargan, that's just propaganda. I think steve rogers and captain america (the propaganda tool) represent two different things.

steve rogers is the hope (and standing up for the lil and bigger guys) and his main role. the propaganda tool was way back in the day and i don't think it's applicable anymore. We're not in the 60s anymore...

:o

steve rogers is the hope (and standing up for the lil and bigger guys) and his main role. the propaganda tool was way back in the day and i don't think it's applicable anymore. We're not in the 60s anymore...

:o
I don't know. America is in a bad way now. That's why I think Cap is very applicable even today. I think Americans want and need a power symbol to unite behind. Something that is this opposite of the war, corruption, greed and downtrodden people that have come to symbolize America in recent years.

Hell no,leave Cap as is in the power dept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"