Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we'll see a glimpse of her binary powers in the film.

Maybe in the 3rd act, during the final boss fight.

And if we don't see her fully unleash we're sure to in Avengers 4.

DenHzXGW0AAQatx

A cool fan made poster by Twitter user @CaricatureClub. Look, I know this isn't the manip/fan art thread but there's nothing else to discuss.

I hope we get to see that suit before the end of the movie in a couple of big action scenes.

Me too! I’m sure we will see it for the final number

It might be saved for the end of this film if it takes her a while to even put on the green suit. Guess it depends how the film starts.

Has there ever been a superhero movie where the hero only wears their classic costume at the end?

Considering this is the 90s, would it be that color? I figure it may be the trademark suit in A4.

Oh I am aware of the history. It's just in your post you misspelled it as Shaman and I thought you meant the Alpha Flight character.

LOL

Dozy me. Sometimes I don't notice when autocorrect changes something I write.

Has there ever been a superhero movie where the hero only wears their classic costume at the end?

The new team at the end of X-Men Apocalypse. And though it's not technically a movie, Daredevil doesn't get his actual comic outfit until the first season finale. Same with Punisher not getting his skull until the very end of the second season of Daredevil.

I don't expect it to be only at the end. Not really sure why we have only seen the teal suit so far. Just happenstance, or they don't want to show anything else yet.

But I would guess that it represents the early part of her cosmic "career," so to speak, before she has all of her powers.

When do we get the prelude comic for Captain Marvel in your opinion? Like how many weeks/months before the movie comes out?

I guess most heroes don't have a valid reason to wear another top costume before they put on their classic one. Some heroes have training costumes but those are obviously inferior and not ideal for frontline superhero combat so there is a rush to upgrade. But here the Kree costume might already be good enough for top level duty and also be relevant to the story of this film so it may take longer to transition to the classic costume. Can't wait to finally see her in the red and blue though, however long it takes.

The new team at the end of X-Men Apocalypse.
Closest I can think of is Robin for the climax of Batman Forever.
Oh, so it only ever happened in two bad movies. Not a good sign. :o

I don't expect it to be only at the end. Not really sure why we have only seen the teal suit so far. Just happenstance, or they don't want to show anything else yet.
I guess most heroes don't have a valid reason to wear another top costume before they put on their classic one. Some heroes have training costumes but those are obviously inferior and not ideal for frontline superhero combat so there is a rush to upgrade. But here the Kree costume might already be good enough for top level duty and also be relevant to the story of this film so it may take longer to transition to the classic costume.
Well, let's hope one of you is right and the reason we still haven't seen the final costume is not because it doesn't physically exists and it's CGI.

The possibility of it being CGI doesn't strike me as very concerning, tbh.

Even if she is wearing a physical thing that resembles the suit, it would likely be enhanced and refined in post-production, I believe, and also feature prominently in many effects-heavy shots.

I'm convinced the set pics we've seen are from the first half of the movie, which is the Earth portion of the film, and the 2nd half is mostly in space. And of course, like GotG, that's all shot on soundstages, so we were never likely to get a spy pic of the final costume.

I'm convinced the set pics we've seen are from the first half of the movie, which is the Earth portion of the film, and the 2nd half is mostly in space. And of course, like GotG, that's all shot on soundstages, so we were never likely to get a spy pic of the final costume.

I hope we get to see Coulson in space again (first time being Agents of SHIELD Season 5), and something in the film causes him to forget...until Agents of SHIELD Season 6.

Even if she is wearing a physical thing that resembles the suit, it would likely be enhanced and refined in post-production, I believe, and also feature prominently in many effects-heavy shots.

They did something of the sort with the Black Panther costume, didn't they?

They did something of the sort with the Black Panther costume, didn't they?

I think it's pretty common overall. Even if the actor looks good standing there on set in something resembling the costume, they still can't get what they want in the action shots, with a lot of movement, etc.

On-set photos of the costumes also tend to not look that great, and that is often because the final look will not really be implemented until post-production.

I wouldn't be able to cite all of the examples, as I don't pay very close attention to the effects side of things, but the topic comes up quite a bit.

someone says this is official art but I doubt it

De7R1b7W4AEaRfV.jpg

actually, a very reliable guy on Twitter says it's legit.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty common overall. Even if the actor looks good standing there on set in something resembling the costume, they still can't get what they want in the action shots, with a lot of movement, etc.

On-set photos of the costumes also tend to not look that great, and that is often because the final look will not really be implemented until post-production.

I wouldn't be able to cite all of the examples, as I don't pay very close attention to the effects side of things, but the topic comes up quite a bit.

So when do you guys think the 1st trailer for Captain Marvel will drop? My guess is around the time Infinity War hits Blu-Ray.

So when do you guys think the 1st trailer for Captain Marvel will drop? My guess is around the time Infinity War hits Blu-Ray.
Marvel tends do about a 5 1/2 to 6 months-before-release-date average for first trailer drop (give or take a couple weeks here and there). If** they keep with that rough average then probably around the end of August/beginning of September.

**They could always surprise everyone though and pull a Black Panther on us by doing it extremely early (BP was just over 8 months before release date...that was highly unusual and I don't think anyone predicted it). The last time they were close to 8 months before release date to drop the first trailer was WAY back at the beginning of Phase 1 (when they were still figuring this whole thing out with Iron Man). But that's an extreme exception ;)

That's just my personal guesstimate though and I always acknowledge I could end up being wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back