Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They threw in a Brie cameo in the Infinity Countdown: Captain Marvel series.

INFINITYCDCM-6.jpg

Abudefduf is having a laugh. Because of the zombie in the bottom right corner.

Don’t worry abudefdef I got it

^Looks like zombie Wolverine to me...:o

Nope, it's Shazam. Yellow costume, wild hair, adamantium claws... that's clearly Shazam.

You know what I meant. :argh: :hehe:

Shaman with red/blue colours. Wonder if that's a bit of sly commentary there?

^Lol...it's clearly supposed to be Shazam. They don't show his face and have changed the colors so it's not like they actually used the character.

Wonder if we'll see a glimpse of her binary powers in the film.

Maybe in the 3rd act, during the final boss fight.

Maybe they’ll introduce like a power dampener in this one which will get broken in the sequel and unleash binary

Wonder if we'll see a glimpse of her binary powers in the film.

Maybe in the 3rd act, during the final boss fight.
I wouldn't be surprised if she has that anytime she wants.

they will probably change her powers set.

I'm guessing that they might not use the precise power set of a particular comics incarnation.

Certain things will be similar, no doubt, but there's a lot to choose from, and there isn't a single definitive take, really. This movie will probably set a new standard.

The Sentry comparison is interesting, because of the idea that the massive power potential could come at the cost of mental anguish at times. But I also think that certain ideas associated with the Silver Surfer could play a role. Just a feeling. The loneliness, the sense of loss and isolation, but with a cosmic awareness also.

I'm guessing that they might not use the precise power set of a particular comics incarnation.

Certain things will be similar, no doubt, but there's a lot to choose from, and there isn't a single definitive take, really. This movie will probably set a new standard.

The Sentry comparison is interesting, because of the idea that the massive power potential could come at the cost of mental anguish at times. But I also think that certain ideas associated with the Silver Surfer could play a role. Just a feeling. The loneliness, the sense of loss and isolation, but with a cosmic awareness also.
yeah, I think they will mix Sentry and CM into one.

she will have vulnerabilities and flaws.

mentality.

Sentry is like a Silver Age tribute and a little hokey by contemporary standards. But the basic idea of a very powerful hero struggling with mental issues related to those powers is a good one.

It's a "weakness" that basically fits the Marvel mode of focusing on character moreso than on a gimmick. So they might draw on that concept, though probably very indirectly.

But the reason I bring up Silver Surfer is partially because there are a couple of beautiful Silver Surfer stories that draw on the idea that he spends quite a bit of time in the isolation of space, but his cosmic powers give him a kind of connection to people all over the universe.

That sort of idea also seems to fit with what they are trying to do in this movie. So it wouldn't surprise me too much if they draw some inspiration from that, in addition to the classic Captain Marvel stories.

Well Shazam has history with Superman. For a while Shazam was outselling Superman until they started making him more like Shazam.

Oh I am aware of the history. It's just in your post you misspelled it as Shaman and I thought you meant the Alpha Flight character.

I am hoping for a Captain Marvel teaser in time for Ant-Man and Wasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"