World Carnage Never Dies, v.2

Damn, I love Eddie the "hero."

*plucks up candied eye and tongue-pops it with relish*

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my theory on evolution! :p

100_2542.jpg

hell yes.
I love it, Electro UK. All it needs is the bombastic theme from 2001: a space odyssey. Once again, alien contact ennobles mankind!

...boys will be boys.... [sigh]

124863820.jpg

See how crowded this shelf is? And this isn't even the whole shelf. Now where am I gonna put that Bowen Crouching Venom AND Scorpion?! I'm going to have to separate those two, because after Marvel Knights they might not get along.

Poster-children for Mental Health Awareness: Say cheese!

124863311.jpg

I am not real sure what I've done to deserve all this, but hokay. :)

I think it's not meant to be literal. Eddie's probably seeing just what we would see- the old man begging- just as we see it. However, for Eddie, the emotional value of those scenes is most similar to the emotional value of the distortions we are shown to illustrate his thoughts. I think it's the artist's "visual" simile. It's also how I take things like the elf-boots on Carnage in IAWL- they're visual similes meant to suggest the suessian flavor of his insanity, the childlikeness of the psycho. I love love love ***** like this in sym artwork when it's done well, having a visceral veracity.

edit- you're outpacing me. Too many pics, ah well... Love Harley and Carnie as a couple.

Sorry about that! I'll limit my random scan-postings to no more than 3 per day, would that be better?

Fever said:
It's also how I take things like the elf-boots on Carnage in IAWL- they're visual similes meant to suggest the suessian flavor of his insanity, the childlikeness of the psycho. I love love love ***** like this in sym artwork when it's done well, having a visceral veracity.

Sarcastic cuteness is how I think of it.

Symbiotica said:
...boys will be boys.... [sigh]

124863820.jpg

See how crowded this shelf is? And this isn't even the whole shelf. Now where am I gonna put that Bowen Crouching Venom AND Scorpion?! I'm going to have to separate those two, because after Marvel Knights they might not get along.

LOL! If there's one Spidey villain I think Harley would click with,it's Carnage.

From what I can see of it,your collection looks mighty impressive there.Space is indeed a problem.My shelves are ready to fall down under the weight of my figures.I wouldn't even dare put my statues and busts on them.

If they fell off the shelf,the damage would be catastrophic :(

Can you put them some place else which they won't get damanged?

It is a modest collection, but growing :)

My rule is to only buy stuff I cannot live without; this cuts down on overcrowding somewhat. It also makes it to where you can't enjoy each piece, if you have too many. I know people who literally own 1000+ dolls. That is just *way* too damn many. Even they will tell you thier collection is crowding them out of their houses and they don't even know what they HAVE, they have so much stuff. How is that fun?

I can speak from experience about shelf-collapses; I have endured two, neither having to do with my Spidey figures [thank God!] Both instances involved the shelf below the one in the picture above collapsing due to the brackets not being inserted correctly into the track mounted on the wall. I put the fashion-girls down there these days - they're vinyl, and if they hit the floor no real harm done. Model horses used to live there, and they don't take being dumped onto the floor real well. :( Shelf collapses suck!

Hey everybody, it's been awhile, I'm glad to see the Carnage thread is still goin' (well it's second incarnation anyway.)

And thanks for posting this Venom comic Symbiotica, i'll have to say it's my most favorite interpretation of Eddie and the symbiote in any of the comics I've read (I especially like the last 2 pages of the final issue! :D)

I'ts really the definitive version of Eddie's personality and his relationship with the symbiote in my opinion, and it really does a good job of characterizing Venom as both a protector of innocents and administor of justice, as well as a bloodthirsty, sadistic, psychotic engine of destruction.

[looks at eBay link] Oh Hell yes, he is worth getting! That is the new bust cast in clear red resin, he's painted except for his hands. IMO he's beautiful.

Last pic for tonight:

125040473.jpg

One thing Eddie should consider: if he's hungry for brains, he's probably not going to find a whole bunch of them in a place like that; he should hit the nearest Internet cafe' or something.

Anyhoo... I'll miss you people. This is gonna be one long week.

Symbiotica said:
[looks at eBay link] Oh Hell yes, he is worth getting! That is the new bust cast in clear red resin, he's painted except for his hands. IMO he's beautiful.

Thanks Sym.

Your seal of approval is all I need :up: The price and shipping fee are very reasonable.And seeing as I'm going to pass on that Ult Ock diarama,I think I'll get this instead.

Sounds long in a negative way, not in the sense of going-to-my-private-island-to-hunt-the-most-dangerous-game.

Well, we'll be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"