Homecoming Cast the Marvel Spidey Universe, again - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was watching TSSM and I had an idea that David Costabile who played Gale Boetticher on Breaking Bad could be a good left field choice for Ock. Dude's underrated as hell and can definitely churn out a great performance.
costabile-239x300.jpg

nice choice. Haven't seen any other performance from him than the Breaking Bad one, but he definitely could pull of a great TSSM style Ock

How about Dan Aykroyd for Doc Ock? He's associated with 80s films, and is an Oscar nominated actor.

2485768-dan+aykroyd.jpg

He would also be a big name and looks close enough to classic Ock, and is good at both drama and comedy.

i like dan but i think he is a bit on the older side then we likely would see them go

Well he's 63, which is 13 years older than Marisa. I think the new Spidey series should definitely play up the age difference between Spidey and his foes, and not make them all close to him in age. It has to be the contrast between youth and experience.

I hope they get a bigger actor for Ock anyway, whoever it is. David Costabile is okay, and he was on Suits, but I'd prefer a film actor.

well of course he should have difference in age. I am not saying we should have all his villains be teens or 20s. None of them should. The only teen or early 20s ones should be harry, flash if he ever does get venom way down the road. The rest ie our goblins/ock/kraven/etc..... should be any one in there 30s-50s.

If only Leo DiCaprio wasn't such a picky and choosy actor. He'd make a ****in great Norman.

The genre needs to step their game up, not force actors to lower theirs.

Still seems like he wouldn't take a cbm role, no matter how good. Pipedream, ya know? But who knows?

Still seems like he wouldn't take a cbm role, no matter how good. Pipedream, ya know? But who knows?
A conventional CBM role, probably not. It'd likely have to be something which isn't too steeped into the genre. I don't blame him. It seems unless the role is named 'Joker', the writing hasn't been anything above average with any of these characters. An actor of his caliber demands something meaty and this space hasn't shown to provide that.

Viggo technically did a CBM with 'A History of Violence', but its narrative and characters were so far removed from the archetypes, most people forget it or don't even count it.

How is cbm below actors. Lots of actors want to do them nowadays. Hell look at the names mcu has had from tommy Lee jones, Glen close robert Redford. Etc...... others. I am sure leo for example may take a role some day.

Marvel's Spider-Man

Spider-Man - Tom Holland
rs_560x415-150623094935-1024-spiderman-tom-holland.ls.62315.jpg

Mary Jane - Chloe Moretz (Kick-Ass, Hugo, If I Stay)
chloe_moretz_chloe_moretz_vogue_ytyBEXRL.sized.jpg

Aunt May -Marissa Tomei (My Cousin Vinny, The Wrestler, Anger Management)

Uncle Ben - Bruce Greenwood (Star Trek, Thirteen Days, ABC's American Crime Story
http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/318348.jpg-r_640_600-b_1_D6D6D6-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg

Harry Osborn - Will Poulter (The Maze Runner, We're the Millers, upcoming The Revenant)
687474703a2f2f6e6f776d6167617a696e652e6d656469612e6970636469676974616c2e636f2e756b2f31313134302f3030303032373232382f336238655f6f7268343830773336302f57696c6c2d506f756c7465722e6a7067

JJJ - Alec Baldwin (30 Rock, The Departed, upcoming Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation)
alec-baldwin-msnbc-host.jpg

Robbie Robertson - Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II)
Ernie-Hudson-Net-Worth-660x330.jpg

Mysterio - Woody Harrelson (True Detective, Hunger Games, Now You See Me)
woody-harrelson-537x402.jpg

Chameleon - Joel Edgerton (The Great Gatsby, Smokin' Aces, Zero Dark Thirty)
Felony+Portraits+2013+Toronto+International+VkYjHHf0zdAl.jpg

Tony Stark / Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man, Avengers)
Robert-Downey-Jr-Iron-Man-3-645x370.jpg

Will Poulter looks way more like Flash Thompson, and I've always wanted Bruce Greenwood for Reed Richards.

It's clear the Miles Teller/ Ultimate version has had an influence on people's perception of Reed. Now people are casting him as a guy not much older than Peter Parker himself (and as old as TASM Parker).

They need to get away from this nerdy stereotype of him and bring back more of the Doc Savage-type adventurer scientist.

But that's for a different thread. Reed isn't even one of Spider-Man's supporting characters anymore than anyone else in the Marvel universe is.

It's clear the Miles Teller/ Ultimate version has had an influence on people's perception of Reed. Now people are casting him as a guy not much older than Peter Parker himself (and as old as TASM Parker).

They need to get away from this nerdy stereotype of him and bring back more of the Doc Savage-type adventurer scientist.

But that's for a different thread. Reed isn't even one of Spider-Man's supporting characters anymore than anyone else in the Marvel universe is.

Has nothing to do with teller's reed actually.

Bob some solid names and choices as characters. I like most of them. And been pushing Ernie too if he doesn't end up in bp.

As far as the Supporting cast goes the ones I would like to see are

Ben Parker : George Clooney
JJJ: Hugh Laurie
Captain Stacy : Bruce Greenwood
Robbie Robertson : Jeffrey Wright

I like Debra Whitman. Good supporting female character that doesn't end up dating Peter at some stage. On TAS she seemed even smarter than Peter at times, much like the way Gwen was smarter than Peter in ASM 1 & 2. The SSM cartoon seems like it made Gwen Stacy into Debra Whitman for some reason.

I don't think so. Gwen was a smart cookie in the books.

I'd like to see Whitman , who I really think could fit well in HS setting as Pete's friend ,slash kid sister figure in his eyes, who has a crush on him, but he's totally clueless to it since he's always looking at the most popular girl. I think Sabrina Carpenter could pull that role off well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"