Cast the Marvel Universe - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? How old is Ricci? 30 at the most? Someone better make sure she doesn't break a bone!

Calm down buddy, it was just the first thing that came to mind(she is 32 actually). Didn't say I hated it. It's just what it reminded me of. Plus, I don't find her to be near the actress Ryder is. I still think even though she is older Ryder would be a good Janet.

My new Janet is Lauren Cohen, though.

Last edited:
Winona Ryder would be amazing if they can get her. Neither she nor Ricci are too old or don't have enough of a star power for the movie, nor would they be out of Marvel Studios' budget.

Also, you need to google Amy Acker in an image search. :o

I have, don't like her face, honestly. the rest of her is fine.

Back to casting the Marvel Universe..

Was thinking about people from Heroes who I think could fit well in MCU and thought of Noah Gray Cabey as Amadeus Cho, a little odd to think about at first, but could be interesting.
images

I think the race thing is more of a distraction than a major problem and yet as a film maker myself I wouldn't wanna put something in a film if I new it was going to be a distraction. With that I've said all I care to say about the race thing and will just agree to disagree with anyone who doesn't see it the same way.

I definately prefer the cannon Wasp personality wise as well and it seems like they're using the cartoon to set up the movie in many ways so I think they would go that way if they use wasp in a sequel.

I hope you don't think I was ever arguing with you. I was just stating my opinion, and listening to yours. You are entitled, like me. I too hope they go with the comic version that is also on TV, but they might make her a spy to simplify the story. Hank is a SHIELD scientist, how will she fit in and go along with him when he is a spy? Maybe by her being a spy already or her being his lab assistant.
Wasn't Eva Longoria seen with Avenger comics a while ago? Was she in talks to play Maria Hill maybe? At the time everyone thought it was Wasp.

I don't recall one person ever beechin' about a gorgeous latina playing Sue Storm, who's arguably one of the most whitebread heroines in Marvel.
The only problem I had with Alba being Sue was that then they casted Evans as Johnny. They didn't look like brother and sister at all. They tried to make Alba look more like his sister but it didn't work. If they had casted a Latin actor to play Johnny I would have been fine with that, or maybe said early on that one of them was adopted, or that they have different mothers but the same father (like he got remarried) I would have been fine with that. But they didn't look like brother and sister and that took me out of the movie I guess. But I had no problem with them making Alba Sue, as long as she could play the part.

Speaking of the FF, I don't know who they should cast, but I think the Thing should sound like Jack Kirby. I posted this in another thread.
Kirby had stated that he thought the Thing was him, he said he sounded like him, he talked like him, had the same mannerisms. They were both Jewish, born and raised in New York. Tough guys with soft centers. I would love for Kirby's voice to come out of the Thing.
BEN.jpg

Offerman is too old for the part, of Ben Grimm anyway. I would love if they cast someone who sounded like Jack Kirby:
[YT]v-BTa_lQ6uQ[/YT]
Kirby says the Thing is him somewhere in this interview:
[YT]1t7TnnMFl5s&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL8968D87D3DFB564A[/YT]
[YT]M50Mjdsh_iw[/YT]
or Dan Turpin from the Superman cartoon:\
(the only video I could find on youtube)
[YT]v0pcChyV6o4[/YT]

Last edited:
As I said I'm done arguing about the race thing but almost every thing else you said is wrong as well.

Halle Berry wasn't the first black woman to play Catwoman. She took her cue from Eartha Kitt, who made the role famous in the 1960s.

Julie Newmar made the role famous. Eartha took over the role for 5 episodes in the final season. There were a lot of complaints about that for varied reasons including replacing Julie and being black. However that was a comedy series only very loosely based on the source material and they took a lot of liberties with all of the characters.

And the Catwoman movie failed epically not because of anything to do with race, but entirely to do with the complete abandonment of canon, in that Halle played Catwoman In Name Only, rather than as Selina Kyle. (That, and the script sucked.)

Face facts. You have no idea why that movie bomb so badly. Nobody knows what's in the script before opening week end or how much it follows cannon continuity. The movie made less than 17 million in it's opening weekend. That's pathetic for an action film with a big name actress starring in it. Some of that is that action movies centered on a female lead typically don't do well but usually do much better than that. The rest was based on what you could tell from the TV ads. The costume sucked and nobody wanted to see Halle as Catwoman.

I don't recall one person ever beechin' about a gorgeous latina playing Sue Storm, who's arguably one of the most whitebread heroines in Marvel.

You obviously weren't paying very much attention.

And I'm curious who the actress is in your avatar pick/pic for Janet....she looks like she's got a lot of latina or Filipino or something in her.

and you have poor eye sight. She's 100% German.

I hope you don't think I was ever arguing with you. I was just stating my opinion, and listening to yours. You are entitled, like me. I too hope they go with the comic version that is also on TV, but they might make her a spy to simplify the story. Hank is a SHIELD scientist, how will she fit in and go along with him when he is a spy? Maybe by her being a spy already or her being his lab assistant.
Wasn't Eva Longoria seen with Avenger comics a while ago? Was she in talks to play Maria Hill maybe? At the time everyone thought it was Wasp.

No worries man I just feel at some point things start going round and round and some one has to step away.

I think the fact that she is married to Hank is enough. I would think that Hank created his Pym particles and after testing them on himself his thrill seeking party girl wife wanted in on the fun. Shield probably recruited them after that.

Eva was seen carrying Avengers comics in an airport. There was even a picture of her with them. It was also said that she had a meeting with the producers of the film. The speculation was that she would play Wasp because her hair cut at the time matched the ulimates Wasp. That brings up a question for me since I don't read the Ultimates much. Was Wasp always asian in the ulimates? She didn't look it in the pictures people used to compare Eva to wasp and she certainly wasn't in the 2 animated Ultimate avengers movies.

Speaking of the FF, I don't know who they should cast, but I think the Thing should sound like Jack Kirby. I posted this in another thread.
Kirby had stated that he thought the Thing was him, he said he sounded like him, he talked like him, had the same mannerisms. They were both Jewish, born and raised in New York. Tough guys with soft centers. I would love for Kirby's voice to come out of the Thing.
BEN.jpg
I completely agree.

Thanks. It would be so awesome to hear that Kirby's voice from a giant Thing.

Face facts. You have no idea why that movie bomb so badly. Nobody knows what's in the script before opening week end or how much it follows cannon continuity. The movie made less than 17 million in it's opening weekend. That's pathetic for an action film with a big name actress starring in it. Some of that is that action movies centered on a female lead typically don't do well but usually do much better than that. The rest was based on what you could tell from the TV ads. The costume sucked and nobody wanted to see Halle as Catwoman.

All I can do is state why I, my brother, and a few friends I knew then, didn't see the movie. It wasn't because Catwoman was suddenly African America. We didn't care about that. It was because the costume looked horrible. The commercials for the movie made it look horrible. She can't stop nussling with her face a cat toy thing someone is holding? that looked bad to me. Her costume looked rediculous so much so that the studio came out and said "Thats not the final costume." But then it was.
That and it seemed to have nothing to do with the Catwoman from the Batman comics, just using the name. So that is why me, my brother, and friends didn't see the film. It was just bad. It could be true that the original scrip was great and then so much imput ruined the film, but that happens all the time with other films. Halle Barry being Catwoman, I think, had nothing to do with it being a bad movie.
If Halle was Catwoman, and had this costume:
catwoman.jpg

Instead of this one:
CatWoman_49.jpg

I think the film would have done better, and if the plot was better and showed a connection to the Batman universe it would have done better.
Maybe people were to distracted by the costume and it not being connected to care about Halle Barry, and if they had those changes maybe then people would have complained like when they casted Alba as Sue Storm. But I don't remember hearing much complaints about that. I also didn't go out and ask lots of people, just gathered from what I read in Wizard Magazine, some from the internet that I can recall, and from friends.
I do recall Halle just split from her husband because he cheated on her and she talked a lot about how the movie was cathartic for her and I though good for her sounds good, and then I saw the costume and that was it for me.

Richard Jenkins - Ben Urich

Untitled-1115.png

Timothy Olyphant - Moon Knight

Untitled-4-1.png

Adrien Brody - The Vision

Untitled-3-2.png

Mahershala Ali - Black Panther

phrluarvoqlzvy1m.jpg

Oscar Isaac - Dr. Strange

Untitled-aa1.png

Adrien Brody - The Vision

Untitled-3-2.png

Oscar Isaac - Dr. Strange

Untitled-aa1.png

You sure Oscar Isaac isn't playing Freddie Mercury in that pic from Sucker Punch? :woot:
BTW: I'd go with Brody in that pic above to be Doc Strange over Isaac.

As I said I'm done arguing about the race thing but almost every thing else you said is wrong as well.

Julie Newmar made the role famous. Eartha took over the role for 5 episodes in the final season. There were a lot of complaints about that for varied reasons including replacing Julie and being black. However that was a comedy series only very loosely based on the source material and they took a lot of liberties with all of the characters.

You obviously weren't paying very much attention.

and you have poor eye sight. She's 100% German.

This mean you're not going to say who she is, then...? :dry:
And btw: a German chick playing an American fashion model/superheroine. How's that different from an Asian playing her? Or a latina playing Sue? Or an Aussie, Englishman, Welshman, two American women and a black Brit of West African descent playing a passle of Norse gods?

Doesn't really matter since his avatar has an "actress" all wrong for Wasp.

Doesn't really matter since his avatar has an "actress" all wrong for Wasp.

Yeah, if it wasn't for your collection of worst picks ever (proving you have no idea who's good or what they can play) I would feel the need to "actually respond".

This mean you're not going to say who she is, then...? :dry:
And btw: a German chick playing an American fashion model/superheroin
How's that different from an Asian playing her?

Her name is Rebecca Herbst and seriously????????. She's an American actress of 100% German ancestry. Janet Van Dyne is an American of Dutch ancestry. Are you trying to claim that you could tell the difference just by looking or that you couldn't if an Asian was playing her? Nobody is of American ancestry unless they're native American.

Or a latina playing Sue?

But Jessica was born in Cali so is she Latino or American? Or does that only matter when you think you're making a point?

Or an Aussie, Englishman, Welshman, two American women and a black Brit of West African descent playing a passle of Norse gods?

That was due to the lack of actual Asgardians to play the role. How does bringing up Idris Elba help your point when it was one of the most disliked casting choices of the decade? People went to see Thor. If Idris had the lead or even a major part you don't think it wouldn't have effected the success of the film?

Mighty_Thor, I think you need to learn to distinguish the difference between "nationality" and "ethnicity."

Yeah, if it wasn't for your collection of worst picks ever (proving you have no idea who's good or what they can play) I would feel the need to "actually respond".
Coming from a guy who wants a 45 year old soap star as the Wasp. Spare me any kind of high horse you think you're on. :whatever:

if ian somerhalder was a little taller i think he'd be a decent scott summers.

just saw this

tumblr_ltl4thQelO1qb8wg6.jpg

i think he'd be good as well. and he looks like that till kid from first class.

Coming from a guy who wants a 45 year old soap star as the Wasp. Spare me any kind of high horse you think you're on. :whatever:

Thanks for proving my point with yet another inane comment!

How many soap stars have gone on to be A listers?
How many so called A listers have no real talent at all?
You refer to her as a soap star but she's done a little of everything from soaps to films.
Also where did you learn to count, special ed? She's no where near 45. She's not even 35.

So I'll tell you what I've told you before and what everyone else knows about you. You judge people based on their resume, what little you know of it, and you do so with no clue what actual talent looks like, as proven by your casting choices.

ЯɘvlveR;23058057 said:

just saw this

I could see padalecki as Cyke. Never seen that choice before. I like it.

ЯɘvlveR;23058057 said:

just saw this

Would be interesting, but don't see it happening.
Thanks for proving my point with yet another inane comment!

How many soap stars have gone on to be A listers?
Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillipe went A-List in the late 90s I know. And Josh Duhamel is a more current one.
How many so called A listers have no real talent at all?
None of them are talentless
You refer to her as a soap star but she's done a little of everything from soaps to films.
Barely. Bit parts in all sorts of media doesn't equal talented and versatile
Also where did you learn to count, special ed? She's no where near 45. She's not even 35.
Excuse me, 35 come two weeks. Finger must have tapped the wrong key. Calm down.

So I'll tell you what I've told you before and what everyone else knows about you.
I hope it's something that I state and only the most idiotic of people would miss or think that it would offend me to hear!
You judge people based on their resume,
How dare I judge an actor on their resume and performances, PREPOSTEROUS! :huh:
what little you know of it,
When I don't know of an actor or their performances, all I comment on is their looks. Plenty of past posts of mine indicate that. :huh:
The only decent performance Herbst has had was when she was on Space Cases.
and you do so with no clue what actual talent looks like, as proven by your casting choices.
You mean Oscar, Emmy, Tony, Golden Globe Award nominees/winners? Are you really that dense?

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillipe went A-List in the late 90s I know. And Josh Duhamel is a more current one.

If you wanna call them a listers for being in a couple of films each that's fine by me. I was thinking more along the lines of James Earl Jones, Susan Surandon, Tommy lee Jones, Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio, Demi moore, Julieanne Moore and dozens of other actual a listers. Then there are the dozens of average film stars like the ones you mentioned and a few dozen more that went on to major prime time series. Being on a soap doesn't speak to any ones acting abilities. Only someone like you would think that it does.

None of them are talentless

Another fine example of what you know.

Barely. Bit parts in all sorts of media doesn't equal talented and versatile

She had the lead in 2 films and 2 series, and major guest starring roles in several top series of the time. She hasn't done a bit part since she was a kid.

How dare I judge an actor on their resume and performances, PREPOSTEROUS! :huh:

That's just it you don't judge on performance, you judge on genre. That ones on a soap, they must suck. That ones in film, they must be good.

The only decent performance Herbst has had was when she was on Space Cases.

When we discussed her last time you didn't even know who she was and know you're claiming that you know how good all of her performances are. That's almost as assinine as claiming her best performance was on a nickolodean kids show.Her best performance was actually on the soap during a rape story line. Only an idiot would say she was anything less than great in that.

I was just searching for some hero/actor side by sides and saw David Duchovny as Hank Pym. Interesting, to say the least. I wouldn't complain if that came to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"