Black Panther casting
Spider Man and X-men and Fantastic Four rights reverted back to Marvel
Trailer for Agent Carter
Trailer for Daredevil
Punisher casting for his own Netflix series
Free foot rubs for everyone from Kevin Feige

If even 1 of these things is not present I will be pissed
Well within your rights lol :up:

They may as well announce Ms Marvel at the same time. And if Cap 3 starts the Civil War I might actually be interested in a possible Iron Man 4.

Give me that Runaways movie they put on the backburner when they started the Avengers timeline. It'd be perfect to fit in with the demographic of Hunger Games audience.

Give me that Runaways movie they put on the backburner when they started the Avengers timeline. It'd be perfect to fit in with the demographic of Hunger Games audience.

If a Runaways project happens, I'd be curious to see how it connects to the greater MCU.

But of course, as Jeph Loeb always says "it's all connected."

Im not getting my hopes up for anything huge. Most likely Marvel will be announcing full details about CA 3 and Dr.Strange including titles, synopsis, casting etc.
It could also be something to do with Sony/Marvel collaboration
OR
It could be none of those things.

I dont think Marvel will announce their full slate, they have to leave some surprises for the fans, to keep them guessing. I will be pleasantly surprised if a new feature film is revealed though.

I have no basis to even begin speculating about what is going to happen on Tuesday. If there are big reveals to be made, I would love a Thor 3 title and release date since he's my #1 character. In addition to that, I'm up for anything.

I'm hoping for a Strange announcement
the casting rumor madness needs to end

Im not getting my hopes up for anything huge. Most likely Marvel will be announcing full details about CA 3 and Dr.Strange including titles, synopsis, casting etc.
It could also be something to do with Sony/Marvel collaboration
OR
It could be none of those things.

I dont think Marvel will announce their full slate, they have to leave some surprises for the fans, to keep them guessing. I will be pleasantly surprised if a new feature film is revealed though.

I'm avoiding getting my hopes up, but I'll point out they've never needed to do something like this before.

That being said, they usually make big announcements at Comic Con and they haven't been able to get Dr. Strange cast in time. The smallest thing it realistically could be (imo) is that they've cast Dr. Strange.

since everyone is speculating I might as well speculate a little too: Since the Phoenix anouncement didn't work out at SDCC a Strange casting anouncement is what I hope for. They also might announce the full 2017 schedule, which seems logical since we had the 2015 schedule this time in 2012

If a Carol Danvers movie is announced, might we see Monica Rambeau as a supporting character? If so, I'd expect every Black actress between the ages of 25 and 45 to be linked that isn't named Rosario Dawson, Zoe Saldana or Ruth Negga (Raina on Agents of SHIELD).

Last edited:
Updated to include Tessa Thompson

Captain_Marvel_special_1.jpg

1. Kerry Washington
2. Naomie Harris
3. Nicole Beharie
4. Paula Patton
5. Sanaa Lathan
6. Regina Hall
7. Gabrielle Union
8. Taraji P. Henson
9. Gugu Mbatha Raw
10. Tika Sumpter

2052831-knight.png

1. Yaya DeCosta
2. Meagan Good
3. Rutina Wesley
4. Tracie Thoms
5. Monica Raymund
6. Keke Palmer
7. Lindy Greenwood (Jenny from Sleepy Hollow)
8. Tessa Thompson (Dear White People)

bp+shuri.jpg

1. Lupita Nyong'o
2. Danai Gurira
3. Erica Tazel
4. Samira Wiley

I want that too, but in order to make it work, it would have to come out after Doctor Stange and a movie that introduces timetravel, whichever comes last. That way technology, aliens, mutants (or whatever they'll be called), magic and timetravel will all be properly introduced before they're all thrown together in Runaways. Of course it should also tie into the greater Universe somehow. I was thinking maybe the West Coast Avengers might be formed after news about the Pride reaches the Avengers. Or maybe the Avengers realise that they have to establish a place for gifted youngsters to learn to deal with their powers. That could create something like Xavier's School or Avengers Acadamy which could be used to introduce new superhuman beings in later TV series and films.

I think the format of the first Runaways volume would be better suited for a TV series, but sadly it would probably impossible to do al the FX for that (Old Lace would be super expensive to make for example)

I want that too, but in order to make it work, it would have to come out after Doctor Stange and a movie that introduces timetravel, whichever comes last. That way technology, aliens, mutants (or whatever they'll be called), magic and timetravel will all be properly introduced before they're all thrown together in Runaways. Of course it should also tie into the greater Universe somehow. I was thinking maybe the West Coast Avengers might be formed after news about the Pride reaches the Avengers. Or maybe the Avengers realise that they have to establish a place for gifted youngsters to learn to deal with their powers. That could create something like Xavier's School or Avengers Acadamy which could be used to introduce new superhuman beings in later TV series and films.

I think the format of the first Runaways volume would be better suited for a TV series, but sadly it would probably impossible to do al the FX for that (Old Lace would be super expensive to make for example)

Runaways as a TV show? And have Jeph Loeb say "it's all connected" a million times in one press conference? No thanks.

I'd be absolutely pissed if Rambeau shows up as a Sidelick to Danvers in a Cpt Marvel movie since I really would prefer a Rambeau centered movie over a Danvers centerd movie.

She probably won't be in it anyway. Just Danvers

I'd be absolutely pissed if Rambeau shows up as a Sidelick to Danvers in a Cpt Marvel movie since I really would prefer a Rambeau centered movie over a Danvers centerd movie.

It would also continue the Marvel trend of "Black Sidekick with White Superhero"

I'm not sure that Marvel has any plans for Monica Rambeau at this point though. I give her a 30% chance of showing up before Phase 3. Right now, I think there's a greater chance of seeing Misty Knight in the MCU than Monica Rambeau.

I think by the time we see Monica in the MCU, she will be played by an actress who is currently in her early 20's in a decade from now.

She probably won't be in it anyway. Just Danvers
I will never understand how the responsible persons at Marvel can prefer Danvers over Rambeau. ****, ass and a ****ty outfit are no substitute for a great character.

With Monica you can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak (POC and a woman).

But again, she's in the same category right now as Blue Marvel, Blade, Rage and Victor Alvarez as Black Superheroes we are unlikely to see in the MCU anytime soon.

Luke is coming and so is T'Challa. The only hope for a black female superhero in the MCU is Misty Knight. Maybe Shuri

If it is not everything I list here I will be disappointed

Marvels full slate of films until 2020
Cast reveal of all the Netflix shows
Dr Strange casting
Black Panther casting
Spider Man and X-men and Fantastic Four rights reverted back to Marvel
Trailer for Agent Carter
Trailer for Daredevil
Punisher casting for his own Netflix series
Free foot rubs for everyone from Kevin Feige

If even 1 of these things is not present I will be pissed

Ha! While some could happen, and a lot are unlikely, you KNOW the X-Men thing will not happen, considering the success of the last movie.

Still desperately hoping it's a Sony/Disney deal with Spidey! :woot: :spidey:

Ha! While some could happen, and a lot are unlikely, you KNOW the X-Men thing will not happen, considering the success of the last movie.

Still desperately hoping it's a Sony/Disney deal with Spidey! :woot: :spidey:

X-Men won't revert since Fox is actually doing a good job with the franchise. Fox is having their last chance with the FF and if they somehow aren't able to score a hit, they should just sell the rights back and call it a day.

Sony on the other hand, should sell back Spider-Man. They had their shot. They've ruined the popular perception of the character. They should throw in the towel and admit that they screwed up.

With Monica you can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak (POC and a woman).

But again, she's in the same category right now as Blue Marvel, Blade, Rage and Victor Alvarez as Black Superheroes we are unlikely to see in the MCU anytime soon.

Luke is coming and so is T'Challa. The only hope for a black female superhero in the MCU is Misty Knight. Maybe Shuri

Monica should only be introduced after Carol. Misty Knight will probably come during the Iron Fist TV series since the two of them are completely inseparable. It's like having peanut butter without jelly.

The announcement is obviously Kamala Khan.

Sony on the other hand, should sell back Spider-Man. They had their shot. They've ruined the popular perception of the character. They should throw in the towel and admit that they screwed up.

I can handle a deal between Sony & Disney, but the best would be for Marvel/Disney to get it back and have a Netflix series and movies and tie into the MCU.

Also, Marvel should save Avengers 3 for 2019. Mostly so Carol Danvers and T'Challa can get their own films instead of being pushed back to Phase 4 or 5. IMO, Phase 3 will be dissapointing if it's just

Ant-Man, Captain America, Doctor Strange, Thor, Guardians, Inhumans, Infinity Gauntlet

Then I'd throw a fit. Mostly since I've never cared for the Inhumans at all in any way when there are properties that I do like that Marvel are ignoring.

IMO, it needs to be

2015 - Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians 2, Captain Marvel
2018: Hulk 2, Black Panther, Inhumans
2019: Avengers: Infinity

Give the MCU another three films, let Hulk have another solo film to introduce She-Hulk and finally follow up on The Leader, introduce two more heroes and then bring the Inhumans in. That also allows more time to negotiate for Spider-Man back since he can be done on TV, allows She-Hulk to also get her own TV show and allows Avengers 3 to be the biggest, most epic film of all time. Moreover, if Fantastic Four flops, it means that Marvel also has time to buy them back from Fox and reintroduce them in Phase 4 and can stretch out TV plans with Runaways, Moon Knight and Punisher. I'd introduce the Eternals in Guardians 2 and just state that Drax is one of them.

This would mean that Thanos wouldn't just be fighting a handful of heroes on Earth, he'd be fighting against every character that Marvel owns except for Namor, Ghost Rider, Blade and possibly the Fantastic Four. That's still one big, massive army for Thanos to contend with and the best possible reason for stretching out Phase 3 there is.

The chances of getting Spidey & the F4 back have never looked better, even if only through joint deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"