MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

I hope Feige doesn't just announce Black Widow, Shang Chi, Eternals, Dr Strange 2, Black Panther 2, GOTG3 and Captain Marvel 2 along with the Disney + series. That will be really boring.

I know he doesn't want to really announce the next 5 years, but this current line up is not very inspiring at all. If he were to announce Fantastic Four though, that would change things completely.

I hope Feige doesn't just announce Black Widow, Shang Chi, Eternals, Dr Strange 2, Black Panther 2, GOTG3 and Captain Marvel 2 along with the Disney + series. That will be really boring.

I know he doesn't want to really announce the next 5 years, but this current line up is not very inspiring at all. If he were to announce Fantastic Four though, that would change things completely.
Those are the movies that are confirmed to be in development, though. If you don't want him to go there and announce these then what do you want him to do? Go on stage and dance la macarena?

Those are the movies that are confirmed to be in development, though. If you don't want him to go there and announce these then what do you want him to do? Go on stage and dance la macarena?

Well that would be a start. I was hoping that one of the 90s songs we'd get in Captain Marvel would be the Macarena and that the Skrulls would catch onto this and start dancing to it. Discussed it here at length in this thread 90s music you'd like to hear in the movie

If Feige did start dancing to that, it would make up for the glaring omission from the movie.

Well that would be a start. I was hoping that one of the 90s songs we'd get in Captain Marvel would be the Macarena and that the Skrulls would catch onto this and start dancing to it. Discussed it here at length in this thread 90s music you'd like to hear in the movie

If Feige did start dancing to that, it would make up for the glaring omission from the movie.
giphy.gif

I'm fine if they just announce the 2020/2021 movìes. Eternals and shang-Chi are new franchises while Black Widow never had a solo movie before. So for me, those three are at least intriguing. Plus Dr. Strange 2 is a bit overdue now that it needs an official announcement.

Honestly I think they need to be strategic in how they approach this. While the slate format was cool for Phase 3 event. It kinda backfired at bit. As choices were made and events were changed. Hopefully they've learned from their experience Phase3-800x400.jpg

So, it just occurred to me that if they really wanted to they could shoehorn in Sony's Venom via the whole "alternate universe" shtick. I assume it's been mentioned before though.

I can’t believe some people are griping about Mandarin possibly being used as a foe for another hero instead of Iron Man.

Guys....

The Mandarin is not and never has been that good of a character, imo. This isn’t like killing off the Fantastic Four before they can face off against the real Doctor Doom. The Mandarin ain’t much a character and his rivalry between Tony has never been very memorable.

Finally!! Someone besides me as said this!! This the same guy who got punk in AoV. Also why he NEVER shown up in ANY big events,because NO ONE cares about him. LOL

Honestly I think they need to be strategic in how they approach this. While the slate format was cool for Phase 3 event. It kinda backfired at bit. As choices were made and events were changed. Hopefully they've learned from their experience View attachment 25910
The only thing that backfired is Inhumans, which I was looking forward to. Though they could have included Ant-Man 2 in that slate earlier. While Spider-Man was a late welcome addition to phase 3.

But I hope if they announce a full phase 4 slate, that they would stick to the order. They have enough new franchises and sequels for the next 4 years. While the reboot of Fantastic Four and the X-Men doesn't have a time limit and isn't tied to another studio unlike with Spider-Man.

I find the idea that Ant-Man 3 won't happen highly dubious in the first place. It's so blatantly obvious that they want to go to Cassie becoming Stature, that maybe they might even want to use her in other movies or on Disney+. You can't do that story right in any other form than Ant-man 3, the completion of the trilogy about Scott becoming a superhero because of his daughter.

Not sure where else to post this, but it looks as though Marvel will be at SDCC Hall H after all.

Frankly, there are a lot of films I'd be more interested in seeing than Ant-Man 3. Assuming there are a set number of spots, I'm not going to push for Ant-Man 3 over a lot of more interesting films that could have that spot.

Heck, I'd rather see Howard the Duck than Ant-man 3, and there are a lot of films I'd like to see before Howard the Duck.

With how many people seem to love him he may be a good fit for Adam Warlock, the personification of humanoid perfection :D

If Tom Hardy walks out on stage during Hall H at comic con in character and says "we are venom" and they announce hes joining the MCU I would geek out a little bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"