MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after some interesting conversations in other threads, I thought that it was about time the MCU received it's own thread. After all, an individual film will have dozens of threads and the MCU is bigger than one film, that's for sure.

I guess, as a starter off, do people like this as a concept? Should this be a format for other comic movies to follow, continuity?

Also, to sum up everything Marvel has done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPh8aIdR-4

is MCU now that it expands to TV even the proper terminus technicus anymore? It is not exclusivly cinematic any longer...

I do too, but i'm talking about the plot and the way the show is structured, for Punisher i think every episode should be a different story, with some storylines appearing now and then.

We really just need an MCU forum or something on these boards. This same conversation is happening in so many different places at once, lol

I do too, but i'm talking about the plot and the way the show is structured, for Punisher i think every episode should be a different story, with some storylines appearing now and then.
Punisher would almost have to be that way due to his habit of KILLING all of his targets.

We really just need an MCU forum or something on these boards. This same conversation is happening in so many different places at once, lol
This is pretty much the MCU forum lol.

'cinematic' is fine, you'd never get people to change now anyway.

You should talk to the mods. An MCU section would really clean up the main page of the forums. That's a really good idea.

So the rumor over at the Ant Man forum is that Rashida Jones is up for Janet Van Dyne

If a MCU section was created the entire forums would have to go through a major change, it would certainly help clean it though.

What would be the difference between this section and an MCU section exactly?

Hey, if there can be three threads about the Gotham based procedural and two for Marvel's future properties, what's the difference between those and having two for the MCU?

What would be the difference between this section and an MCU section exactly?
It'd be, say,
-Marvel Cinematic Universe forum
--IM3 subforum
--Thor 2 subforum
--Cap 2 subforum
--GotG subforum
--AoU subforum
--Ant-Man subforum
--AoS subforum
--Past films/future films/future tv shows/one-shots/etc subforum

And then you'd expand out/collapse in as needed.

Hey, if there can be three threads about the Gotham based procedural and two for Marvel's future properties, what's the difference between those and having two for the MCU?
No difference, but that's really pointless too

But what about the individual franchise forums?

Get rid of them. I could understand when it was just Iron Man/Thor/Cap but now that Guardians and Ant-Man are getting movies it's just too much. No one uses any of the subforums for them other than the main movie one anyway

Yeah, stuff like the IM1/IM2/Future IM Movie subforums are vacant and totally unnecessary. Might as well have a subforum for each franchise instead of each movie.

Yeah that's true those sections outside the main ones are largely underused. And then when sequels are announced they can archive the old movie sections.

It'd be, say,
-Marvel Cinematic Universe forum
--IM3 subforum
--Thor 2 subforum
--Cap 2 subforum
--GotG subforum
--AoU subforum
--Ant-Man subforum
--AoS subforum
--Past films/future films/future tv shows/one-shots/etc subforum

And then you'd expand out/collapse in as needed.

No difference, but that's really pointless too

Plus this forum would be for Marvel projects that are not a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Fox's Mutant Universe and Sony's Spider-Man Universe. Films such as Big Hero 6 and Kick Ass would be discussed here as well as animated projects.

So who do we harangue to make it happen? :o

I'd go to Hunter Rider. I asked him about a Walking Dead subsection since Arrow got one, he brought it up to the owner, and there was a TDW section immediately the next day. This would require more deliberation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"