Cast Your Green Lantern Movie

He had a pretty easy attitude in The Man from UNCLE, if he do something similar to that here there shouldn't be any problem.

There a few actors that could play Hal but I really don't want a "pretty boy" type actor . I've always thought that Hal wasn't a male model looking guy but a guy that was good looking but rough around the edges . He can have any woman in the room but it's not just his looks it's his confidence that wins in the end.

True, Hal is definitely more of a rugged good looks type than pretty boy type. Less James Dean and more Brando or Paul Newman. The latter is who Gil Kane originally modeled him after.

haljordanpaulnewman.jpg

I don't mind Krasinski but Hammer may do a really good job with him. I think Garrett Hedlund may be a decent choice as well.

Last edited:
Hammer would probably knock it out of the park. The guy really is a good actor and he has the hero look . I've been a big Krasinski fan since The Office. When he got big for 13 hours and showed his serious side in some of his other work he really won me over and almost made me wonder how well he could have done with Captain America if he had gotten it . He has a classic good look about him and I think he could absolutely nail the flyboy aspect of Hal . I've always thought he was just one role away from making it big in the Hollywood movies . Maybe Jack Ryan will catapult him up there

Watched "Hacksaw Ridge" again recently, and noticed that guy playing Smitty, Luke Bracey, has a good look for Hal Jordan... not sure if he'd do a good job in a role, I'm just saying he really looks like the character.

I saw him in the Point Break remake. No.

He does looks good, though.

I figured there had to be a reason for him being virtually unknown. Did fine in "Hacksaw Ridge" though.

I don't feel like any actor on earth would have been capable of delivering a good performance in the Point Break remake. I've heard Hacksaw Ridge is good though.

I could go with Hammer or Krasinski for Hal. I'm in the very small minority that would like Tyrese Gibson for John.

20 years ago Michael Rooker would've made the perfect Guy Gardner.

I still think Duhamel is the best suggestion so far. Although an out of left field choice might be Yoshi Sudarso?

IMG_3191.jpg

He can do cocky without being annoying and he busts so many cliches really

Okay, I finally saw Moonlight. Trevante Rhodes should be at the top of WB's shortlist for John Stewart. He'd be perfect.

I feel like since Kidman joined the DCEU it makes it less likely Cruise would want to come on board. But maybe it wouldn't matter.

I doubt it would be a problem. lol Not that they would be in the same movie anyway. But I don't see Cruise as Hal Jordan.

I don't know if he's right for the character but I loved Joel Edgerton in Warrior. He was very fun to root for.

I wouldn't mind James Marsden as Hal,he is pretty underrated and I feel he was wasted as Cyclops. Michael Ealy I think would make a good John,I would love Idris in the role but I don't see it happening. Guy I am not sure who can play him.
Would Kyle be in this movie? I have a few actors in mind maybe Adam Rodriguez or Alex Gonzalez,if a younger actor is needed maybe Tyler Posey

I still stand by Tom Cruise as veteran Hal. To me, he'd be perfect. Why are so many so opposed to that suggestion?

Ew, he's so gross though. Then again Hal is a bit gross too so idk

Hal- Garrett Hedlund
John- Idris Elba
Director- Ridley Scott
Music by Hans Zimmer & Daft Punk

I wouldn't mind James Marsden as Hal,he is pretty underrated and I feel he was wasted as Cyclops. Michael Ealy I think would make a good John,I would love Idris in the role but I don't see it happening. Guy I am not sure who can play him.
Would Kyle be in this movie? I have a few actors in mind maybe Adam Rodriguez or Alex Gonzalez,if a younger actor is needed maybe Tyler Posey

I really like the idea of Marsden as a lantern. I could see him as Hal or Kyle honestly.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/12/2Pac-Amused-Happy-bad place-Yes-Smile-Success-Tupac-Shakur.gif

thr_trevante_rhodes_20160819_shot_2_0247_5.jpg

C2CD26RVIAEG17u.jpg

That's a tough combo to argue with. If Armie ends up as Shazam, Having James Marsden as an experienced Hal would probably be pretty awesome.

STZ6mub.jpg

Katma Tui: Priyanka Chopra
Sinestro: Luke Evans
Kilowog: Keith David
Arisia: Elle Fanning
Ch'p: Rob Paulsen
Salaak: Brent Spiner
Mogo: Jacob Tremblay
Manhunters: Fred Tatasciore
Kanjar Ro: Vincent Cassel
Yrra Cyril: Kerry Washington
Lord Cyril: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Ganthet: Morgan Freeman
Sayd: Katey Segal
Scar: Steve Blum
Kontross: Hugh Laurie
Ranakar: Edward James Olmos
Carol Ferris: Emmy Rossum
Tawny Young: Gabrielle Union

Great cast especially the Katma and sayd ideas!

James Marsden as Hal Jordan
Trevante Rhodes as John Stewart

DD3NGycUwAAHyrN.jpg:large

I suspect they may try and get some more female diversity going this time around so....

Gina Rodriguez as Jessica Cruz.

tumblr_lxamqaQRpo1r2m605.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"