• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman Casting Thread [Merged x6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do I categorize as?

Oh i hated Waitress but she did a good job in it.

Thanks you guys. You know when I read here there is 2 kinds of people.

1) Does who suggest actresses that have previously and often is most famoes for movies where they are playing a catwoman kind of role. An asskicking hot woman in black leather. And this is typecasting and should never been done in these. Just look who Nolan have cast in the movies. Bale, Oldman & Ledger is playing the complete opposite of what they usually do. It's imporant that we have an actress that we haven't before seen play this kind of role.

2)Those who simply suggest anybody because they are sexy and have a hot body.

Keri has a very special look that she's first incredible beautiful(without being a bit ****ty). Kinda like a classic moviestar look from the 50's. But she have an ability to look sexy, tough, hard but also(which is important for the role that most people don't consider) very sweet and wonderful person. For me Selina and Catwoman are two different kinds of people just like Batman and Bruce Wayne is. We should ofcourse see the sexy side of her as Catwoman but as Selina should be very sweet and wonderful that could make us(and Bruce) fall in love with her.

And of course the acting. She has really become a big movie actress and was amazing in 'Waitress' which she will get a Golden Globe and/or oscar nomination. That's how good she was. And by judging from the trailer, she looks great in the new movie 'August Rush' as well. I feel it's important that's she has RECENTLY have done some great acting performances, which Keri actually has.

+ there is something as being TOO famous.

Trailer from the movie 'Waitress' if you haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP7IrJmK39U

To me that's one of the reasons but Jolie can act. those eyes and those lips... As Nolan said on SE DVD that he was trying get best people for the characters like Superman: The Movie had a side from Holmes, perfect cast in comic book movie history

Ya I think Angelina is much more high profile vs. the cast and I fear she would overshadow the whole cast. (Shrug) I think thats why I like Keri too she isn't like Jolie in that respect and I think she is a better actress, but this argument is going to go round and round for a while.

Ya I think Angelina is much more high profile vs. the cast and I fear she would overshadow the whole cast. (Shrug) I think thats why I like Keri too she isn't like Jolie in that respect and I think she is a better actress, but this argument is going to go round and round for a while.

Unless Nolan Bros write most the scenes for Jolie then yes she will "over shadow" the cast, if written well then I do not see a problem.

Well I mean overshadow in terms like tabloid, JOLIE ON TDK feat bale, oldman, caine.... JOLIE TALKS EXLUSIVLY ABOUT TDK AND THE CHILDREN SHE ADOPTED...

Well I mean overshadow in terms like tabloid, JOLIE ON TDK feat bale, oldman, caine.... JOLIE TALKS EXLUSIVLY ABOUT TDK AND THE CHILDREN SHE ADOPTED...

Well that's not my business, if she's in a Batman movie or not. Fine with me I talk about that.

I can't believe the choices here. Angelina Jolie?

I really want Catwoman in the new movies.And I get the perfect choice!

Keri Russell! You should see her performance in 'Waitress'. She fits in so well with this cast. She has really grown as an actress since 'Felicity'
KeriRussell_Granitz_4573744.jpg

KeriRussell_G__Gersho_13787914.jpg
I think she's become my #1 choice for catwoman

I'll cast my vote for Keri Russell. She really makes sense. And I can see her having chemistry with Bale moreso than anyone else mentioned.

Thanks you guys. You know when I read here there is 2 kinds of people.
Hm. Well that was a modest way of starting things off....
019.gif

1) Does who suggest actresses that have previously and often is most famoes for movies where they are playing a catwoman kind of role. An asskicking hot woman in black leather. And this is typecasting and should never been done in these.
And which roles have the actresses mentioned here, played, that are remotely similar to playing someone like Catwoman? Besides the obvious of dressing in black and having some sort of action-oriented scene?

Just look who Nolan have cast in the movies. Bale, Oldman & Ledger is playing the complete opposite of what they usually do.
You only get a point on the latter 2, but not for Bale. This is very much in the same vain of the roles he has picked. Ones who are troubled, dark, traumatized, and conflicted. There's a reason it was universal fanboy opinion that Bale was the "It" guy to be Batman, years before he was even cast.

It's imporant that we have an actress that we haven't before seen play this kind of role.
Why? By that logic, Bale shouldn't have been Batman and Caine shouldn't have been Alfred. As long as the role is well written, and greatly performed, there should be no complaints. After all, who would?

2)Those who simply suggest anybody because they are sexy and have a hot body.
It's happened a few times in this thread, but very rarely.

+ there is something as being TOO famous.
No, there is something as a movie-goer having the inability to discern between "real life vs. silver screen". Plain and simple.

If the moment you get worldwide recognition, is the point in which you're not allowed to play anymore roles because you're too famous, then Hollywood would have died out long ago.

Depp and DiCaprio, are for example one of the most known actors of this era, and are incredibly popular. But I wouldn't for one second complain if they were to play a role in any superhero franchise. People just need to learn how to leave the actor's personal life outside the theater door.

Completely agree with everything Drexx has just said.

I endorse his post.

To me that's one of the reasons but Jolie can act. those eyes and those lips... As Nolan said on SE DVD that he was trying get best people for the characters like Superman: The Movie had a side from Holmes, perfect cast in comic book movie history

You're contradicting yourself. First you want Angelina Jolie in the cast then you say you want the best cast possible, can't have both. :oldrazz: :cwink:

I still think Charlize Theron is better. Does she look more like Catwoman then Jolie? That's subjective but I certainly think so. Most Catwoman pics she seems to have a smaller mouth and larger eyes, more like a cat. Not a fish. Is she a better actor? Once again that's subjective, I'd say it's about equal. But...

:up:

No, there is something as a movie-goer having the inability to discern between "real life vs. silver screen". Plain and simple...

If the moment you get worldwide recognition, is the point in which you're not allowed to play anymore roles because you're too famous, then Hollywood would have died out long ago.

Depp and DiCaprio, are for example one of the most known actors of this era, and are incredibly popular. But I wouldn't for one second complain if they were to play a role in any superhero franchise. People just need to learn how to leave the actor's personal life outside the theater door.

Um, no. Depp, DiCaprio, Theron, Washington, etc. are hugely talented actors, and they may get in the public's eye now & then but it's usually for being a top knotch actor. Majority of these top actors the only time you see them is on the red carpet or when giving interviews about the movies they're in. Jolie on the other hand is now better known for her relationship with Brad Pitt & adopting kids then acting and any character she may portray gets pushed to the background. I didn't even know she was in Beowulf 'til recently, but I know about her recent happenings with Brad. And I don't even read gossip mags or whatever, this is just crap you catch flicking the news. Personally, I just think she should retire and look after her kids & do other stuff. Theron, DiCaprio, Washington, etc. I no nothing outside the movies they're in and roles they play. Same goes for the entire BB cast with the exception of Katie Holmes. She was in the headlines NEARLY as much as Jolie and a mistake Nolan has now rectified.

But sure, word of Angelina Jolie as Catwoman would spread like wildfire but that it's it, you don't want people coming to see 'Angelina Jolie as Catwoman'. The role, portrayal & movie as a whole are what is important. And many people in this thread have expressed the opinion that she would probably overshadow the movie. And these are big Batman/Catwoman fans. What is the average joe/jane who see's Jolie is playing Catwoman going to think? And it's not about seperating actor from their private life, it's about the actors being professional & keeping their personal life private. Angelina Jolie has gone from being an actor (when she won her Oscar) to being a casual actor & full time celeb.

In my opinion there is no reason for Nolan to want Jolie for Catwoman. Except publicity, and she would bring the wrong kind. There are actresses that look better for the role (she looks like a freak nowadays anyway) and there are actresses of equal or better skill who won't risk overshadowing the role/film. Why risk it? Just to see her in a catsuit? Go watch Mr. and Mrs. Pitt, I mean Smith. There's a scene in there that's close enough.

Um, no. Depp, DiCaprio, Theron, Washington, etc. are hugely talented actors, and they may get in the public's eye now & then but it's usually for being a top knotch actor. Majority of these top actors the only time you see them is on the red carpet or when giving interviews about the movies they're in. Jolie on the other hand is now better known for her relationship with Brad Pitt & adopting kids then acting and any character she may portray gets pushed to the background. I didn't even know she was in Beowulf 'til recently, but I know about her recent happenings with Brad. And I don't even read gossip mags or whatever, this is just crap you catch flicking the news.
And yet that still doesn't address the point I just made. :huh:

Regardless of what they're known for, that should be inconsequential when it comes to judging the film and/or the performance. It has nothing to do with the merit of the movie.

Personally, I just think she should retire and look after her kids & do other stuff. Theron, DiCaprio, Washington, etc. I no nothing outside the movies they're in and roles they play.
Again, what does this have to do with anything?

Same goes for the entire BB cast with the exception of Katie Holmes. She was in the headlines NEARLY as much as Jolie and a mistake Nolan has now rectified.
The big difference in that Holmes deliberately brought the attention to herself, and Jolie was the one trying to ignore the press that had nothing to do with the movie.

But sure, word of Angelina Jolie as Catwoman would spread like wildfire but that it's it, you don't want people coming to see 'Angelina Jolie as Catwoman'. The role, portrayal & movie as a whole are what is important.
O...k....

So why is it your business what the reason is for people going into the movie? Must everyone seated down for TDK, be required to be a hardcore comic book fan? Who the f**k cares?

And many people in this thread have expressed the opinion that she would probably overshadow the movie. And these are big Batman/Catwoman fans.
And I've responded to those claims several times over the past 2 years. Besides "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", Jolie has been significantly out of the radar in every single one of her promo work for her films. Some of ya'll have taken something that occurred 3 years ago, and just rolled with it ever since.

What is the average joe/jane who see's Jolie is playing Catwoman going to think? And it's not about seperating actor from their private life, it's about the actors being professional & keeping their personal life private. Angelina Jolie has gone from being an actor (when she won her Oscar) to being a casual actor & full time celeb.
Praytell, what exactly has Jolie done, that has made you think she goes TO the spotlight? Honestly? She's the one that's been pretty modest about the whole ordeal. Give me an interview where she's supposed to promote a movie, and instead talks about her family life all the time. Cause I've seen dozens of interviews with her, and she's done the exact opposite. You can't blame her if the press are the ones putting the focus squarely on her and the kids.

Need I remind you, where DiCaprio was at after Titanic? He wasn't the type to seek media attention either, but it was still going on, was it not? Even got to the point where he was mocked/hated by many for quite a while, until Scorcese brought him back on the map.

In my opinion there is no reason for Nolan to want Jolie for Catwoman. Except publicity, and she would bring the wrong kind. There are actresses that look better for the role (she looks like a freak nowadays anyway) and there are actresses of equal or better skill who won't risk overshadowing the role/film.
Hm. You took 4 subjective opinions, rolled up into a ball of elitist bullsh1t, and served it on a "This is Fact, don't argue with me" dinner plate. Should I be flattered? :dry:

Praytell, what exactly has Jolie done, that has made you think she goes TO the spotlight? Honestly? She's the one that's been pretty modest about the whole ordeal. Give me an interview where she's supposed to promote a movie, and instead talks about her family life all the time. Cause I've seen dozens of interviews with her, and she's done the exact opposite. You can't blame her if the press are the ones putting the focus squarely on her and the kids.

It doesn't matter if she wants her private life shoved done our throats or not, the fact of the matter is it is. Why risk it? Why choose her over another A-list actress that can act just as good (or better), look just as good (or better) and isn't potentially going to overshadow the movie.

The whole point is she is not the best candidate for Catwoman. Now I'm not a huge Charlize Theron fan, or hate Angelina Jolie. But I think Charlize Theron is the better choice, just since she has all the positives (and more) that Angelina has and none of the negatives (potential or otherwise). It just adds up. And, to me, this thread is about coming up with the best choice for Catwoman.

Now Angelina Jolie, around the time of Girl, Interrupted (or even Gia) when she wasn't a huge celeb & had a killer body, I'd be the first to suggest her. But nowadays she's not the best.

Hm. You took 4 subjective opinions, rolled up into a ball of elitist bullsh1t, and served it on a "This is Fact, don't argue with me" dinner plate. Should I be flattered? :dry:

:huh: "This is Fact"? I thought I said it was my opinion.

ya, her celebrity life overshadows her acting career. I know so much about her just from word of mouth that I don't see uhh the characters she portrays, it is a fan thing but you could get get an actress with all the same qualities who doesn't do that for a lot of people. (well I would assume)

Drexx

With Bale I meant that Before 'Begins' he mostly played very creepy guys or villians. Equilibrium is the closest thing to Batman I can come up with(of waht I've seen) and that was more of a anti-hero.
I don't feel like going into an argument. I guess we just think different about the casting.

It doesn't matter if she wants her private life shoved done our throats or not, the fact of the matter is it is. Why risk it? Why choose her over another A-list actress that can act just as good (or better), look just as good (or better) and isn't potentially going to overshadow the movie.
I've actually stated numerous times that Theron is my #2 pick for the role, and I wouldn't complain one bit if she were cast. But it doesn't mean I won't defend Jolie, on a point that I think holds no water at this moment and time.

And once again, I will bring up the fact that the whole publicity angle with Jolie has been done for the better part of 3 years. I have still yet to be provided evidence she has overshadowed any other movies besides Mr. and Mrs Smith. The fact is, the media moves on. They don't dwell on old news. Which is exactly what the whole Pitt-Jolie-Aniston fiasco was. So I honestly can't see why people can't just "let it go".

She's still in the public every now and then, but it's the same ol' worldwide travels, and a day-in-the-life with her children. Nothing huge or monumental. Certainly nothing that would "potentially" overshadow a blockbuster film. Unless she gets into another mind-blowing scandal or something, I doubt she'll reach the public eye as much as previous years. She's already settled down with her life, she's not "Crazy Angie" anymore.

:huh: "This is Fact"? I thought I said it was my opinion.
I'm aware that's what you stated in your first sentence, but you gave off a very different vibe in your following words.

ya, her celebrity life overshadows her acting career. I know so much about her just from word of mouth that I don't see uhh the characters she portrays, it is a fan thing but you could get get an actress with all the same qualities who doesn't do that for a lot of people. (well I would assume)
Well at least one person has acknowledged it exists. I'll take it. :o

Drexx

With Bale I meant that Before 'Begins' he mostly played very creepy guys or villians. Equilibrium is the closest thing to Batman I can come up with(of waht I've seen) and that was more of a anti-hero.
I don't feel like going into an argument. I guess we just think different about the casting.
Villains? He played 2 bad guys his entire career. The rest were normal people, with a troubled past, but not necessarily "villains". That's exactly what Bruce is.

You're contradicting yourself. First you want Angelina Jolie in the cast then you say you want the best cast possible, can't have both. :oldrazz: :cwink:

If Jolie joins the cast it will be best cast in comic book movie history:cwink: :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"