Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Thing is, I have never heard anyone from Singers crew confirm that there were plans for a sequel like that. Singer had outlines and probably treatments, but has anyone involved in the production said anything about the actual story/plot for the SR sequel? I know Singers writers were at a comic-con after SR with "Kneel Before Zod" T-shirts, and Singer said his "angry god" and "Wrath of Khan" comments. But besides that, I have never read anything more from the actual makers of SR.

The only thing I head about Zod was that Singer wanted Jude Law to be Zod, and gave up on Zod when Jude Law refused. Maybe immediately after SR, Singer was still planning on Zod being in SR2 because he still believed Jude Law may accept. The story outline with Superman killing Jason was released years after Superman Returns.

There were also Orlando Bloom Zod rumours

The only thing I head about Zod was that Singer wanted Jude Law to be Zod, and gave up on Zod when Jude Law refused. Maybe immediately after SR, Singer was still planning on Zod being in SR2 because he still believed Jude Law may accept. The story outline with Superman killing Jason was released years after Superman Returns.

Yeah. As flawed as I think it is (and I think MOS' weaknesses tend to be overstated), it's a lot more 'sequelable' than Returns. A SR sequel would force there to be more Jason and more Bodsworth.

Worldwide, the public was more interested in Superman Returns than Batman Begins. Look at the box office....

Superman Returns
$200,081,192 domestic
$391,081,192 worldwide
In Release: 128 days / 18.3 weeks

Batman Begins
$206,852,432 domestic
$374,218,673 worldwide
In Release: 142 days / 20.3 weeks

When Singer said he'd go all 'Wrath of Khan' with the sequel, he was spot-on. I read the story of SR2 and it featured Brainiac being drawn to earth by the orbiting New Krypton, and a million Brainiac footsoldiers taking on Superman, culminating in Brainiac inhabiting Jason's body. Superman killed his son to save the Earth. Sounds like the most action-packed story ever written, and also the most emotional/dramatic.

Are we really doing this? Arguing the success of Superman Returns? The movie that was supposed to be a franchise starter that immediately faded into nothingness? It may have made more money (not much) but the audience reaction was, well... There was none. People all but forgot about it a week later when Pirates came out. And again, you can't discount the budgets. That's a pretty vital part of how movies are weighed. SR didn't even make double it's budget, because of the lack of public interest. BB turned a profit against it's budget, and was well liked among the audience. SR... Was not.

As for the treatment, I like it too. It sounded like a bunch of cool, interesting ideas (A new Kryptonian challenging Superman's place in the world), but then you get to the Jason thing... If that was the best idea they had, it all but confirms that they had no goddamn clue. First of all: Bringing in Superman and Lois's child is one thing, their relationship is with Richard is quite another. So right there, it's a no win scenario. Then they have the brilliant idea of having Superman kill said son. No child should be killed in a Superman movie, yet alone Superman's and Lois' child, yet alone by Superman's hand. Did they think by getting him out of the way they could get back to the Supes/Lois dynamic we wanted? Do they not realise how that would damage their personalities and relationship more than ever? How could Superman live with himself? How could Lois?

Better writers could've handled the kid. 'The Boy Writers' had no clue.

*phew* Rant over. :D

Hell, you should be glad it failed given how much you obviously love MoS.

Thing is, I have never heard anyone from Singers crew confirm that there were plans for a sequel like that. Singer had outlines and probably treatments, but has anyone involved in the production said anything about the actual story/plot for the SR sequel? I know Singers writers were at a comic-con after SR with "Kneel Before Zod" T-shirts, and Singer said his "angry god" and "Wrath of Khan" comments. But besides that, I have never read anything more from the actual makers of SR.

There was the leaked treatment that MOStrilogy summarised above and also the private, employee website for Legendary Pictures showed that 'Superman Unleashed' was in development of some kind, at least.

Last edited:
^ The best way to handle Superman as deadbeat "father" would for him to be cloned without knowing about it. Thus Superboy's running about, and Superman doesn't have any active role in his creation. Or something like that.

^ The best way to handle Superman as deadbeat "father" would for him to be cloned without knowing about it. Thus Superboy's running about, and Superman doesn't have any active role in his creation. Or something like that.

Oh, the deadbeat angle (note: I don't actually think he was a deadbeat dad in that move, but I get you) wouldn't be present at all.

IF you must give him a child, you do either All-Star Superman style (my preference by a wide margin) or like Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

Worst case scenario, they announce an Aquaman film together.

If they wanna get some buzz going, WB should announce MoS 2, WF, and JL.
But, since this is WB, all I expect to hear is ...''blah blah blah, and blah. followed by yadda yadda yadda...''

It's either announce Man of Steel 2 or bust.
If they're not going to announce it then they are better off not sending Snyder and Cavill over as a sequel announcement is the only thing that will be on the minds of those who are there to see them.
I'm confident they will announce MOS2 as they waited this long to announce who they were sending to the 75th anniversary celebration at the con...they just announced this...there must have been some factors leading to this decision now.

I love when I see people complain about the end of MOS and then claim that Superman Returns 2 would have been a better movie that is more true to the character. Because killing Zod is something Superman would never do, but KILLING HIS OWN SON is perfectly acceptable.

I agree. Why waste this uberness of POTENTIAL blow-up to the DC Universe or future films and send Cavill and Snyder to SDCC just to answer questions from fans? Didn't they do this COUNTLESS number of times in all those interviews and on the MOS panel, close to an hour's worth with the cast upon its release?

Has to be the announcement. I mean, come on. Marvel fans are getting bombarded with awesomeness and have been for quite some time. It's OUR time in the sun!:word:

Worldwide, the public was more interested in Superman Returns than Batman Begins. Look at the box office....

Superman Returns
$200,081,192 domestic
$391,081,192 worldwide
In Release: 128 days / 18.3 weeks

Batman Begins
$206,852,432 domestic
$374,218,673 worldwide
In Release: 142 days / 20.3 weeks

When Singer said he'd go all 'Wrath of Khan' with the sequel, he was spot-on. I read the story of SR2 and it featured Brainiac being drawn to earth by the orbiting New Krypton, and a million Brainiac footsoldiers taking on Superman, culminating in Brainiac inhabiting Jason's body. Superman killed his son to save the Earth. Sounds like the most action-packed story ever written, and also the most emotional/dramatic.

For those that though Superman killing Zod was a big deal... if Return was actually a success and got SR2 and this happen the world would be calling Singer's head for allowing Superman to kill is only son and not find a way to save him... lol :whatever:

Is the most we can expect just a confirmation that a sequel will happen?

Or is it possible we will get a public statement from WB right after with producing credits (hopefully Jonah Nolan involved with writing), and a quick synopsis (Lex Luthor)?

I also feel that Zack Snyder is a better director than Bryan Singer for these type of movies. Singer has too much of a bland style while Snyder is a breathtaking visual stylist.

Close your eyes....

Zack Snyder walks out to MOS film footage. Crowd applauds. Zack thanks the crowd and tells them how AWESOME the film was accepted and opens up fan-questions for his segment. Once the Q & A is over, he announces he brought somebody with him.

...Hans Zimmer Man of Steel theme plays. Cavill walks out in his suite. Crowd goes ape****. Cavill comes out, doesn't say a word. He stands there, spotlight on him. He turns his head, and looks up on the wall. The theater goes dark. All of a sudden, the Bat-Signal shines on the wall with a "WORLDS FINEST" font beneath it. People in the crowd pass out.

/end dream.

I agree. Why waste this uberness of POTENTIAL blow-up to the DC Universe or future films and send Cavill and Snyder to SDCC just to answer questions from fans? Didn't they do this COUNTLESS number of times in all those interviews and on the MOS panel, close to an hour's worth with the cast upon its release?

Has to be the announcement. I mean, come on. Marvel fans are getting bombarded with awesomeness and have been for quite some time. It's OUR time in the sun!:word:

Honestly, I think it would be stupid NOT to announce the sequel at this year's SDCC. But I won't get my hopes up. Unlike Marvel, WB likes to play it safe.

Does anyone think that the hold up on an announcement for MOS is due to what the next step for the DC Universe is (JL Movie,WF Movie, or a Flash or WW movie)?

Close your eyes....

Zack Snyder walks out to MOS film footage. Crowd applauds. Zack thanks the crowd and tells them how AWESOME the film was accepted and opens up fan-questions for his segment. Once the Q & A is over, he announces he brought somebody with him. The lights go dark....

...Hans Zimmer Man of Steel theme plays. Cavill walks out in his suite. Crowd goes ape****. Cavill comes out, doesn't say a word. He stands there, spotlight on him. He turns his head, and looks up on the wall. The theater goes dark. All of a sudden, the Bat-Signal shines on the wall with a "WORLDS FINEST" font beneath it. People in the crowd pass out.

/end dream.

That should be the third installment of the MOS trilogy. With the proper "third" film afterward. There are too many loose ends to flesh out for Batman to complicate things. But hopefully with most of the loose ends wrapped up in the sequel, I'd want a WF standalone film. And I'd like Brainiac to be the main bad guy, with Luthor as an unwitting pawn :)

Close your eyes....

Zack Snyder walks out to MOS film footage. Crowd applauds. Zack thanks the crowd and tells them how AWESOME the film was accepted and opens up fan-questions for his segment. Once the Q & A is over, he announces he brought somebody with him.

/end dream.
Go on and take my money now..TAAKE IIIT ALLLL....

That should be the third installment of the MOS trilogy. With the proper "third" film afterward. There are too many loose ends to flesh out for Batman to complicate things. But hopefully with most of the loose ends wrapped up in the sequel, I'd want a WF standalone film. And I'd like Brainiac to be the main bad guy, with Luthor as an unwitting pawn :)

^Truth. Thinking outloud again and drooling over the potential for a Worlds Finest someday....:bow:

I'd be ecstatic with just a "Oh, BTW, filming for "MAN OF TOMORROW" starts next year.." BOOOOOOM shackalacka....:hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"