Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

I think we're all confident about a MOS sequel. It's more of a question of when. 2015 or 2016.

^ My heart wants 2015, but that risks it being rushed. 2016 sounds better, but it will push forward a WW and World's Finest movie by a year. And Wondy needs to come out before a good Black Widow spin-off does ;)

If Goyer has already been working on script in advance and WB has started pre production then 2015
If WB and Goyer haven't started anything, 2016

My first instinct says 2016. But then I think maybe Dec 2015. That would lead into another DC movie in summer of 2016.

I think a December 2015 release or very, very early 2016 release for MOS2 would be best bet. It will give them time to sign on, do it RIGHT, tightin it up and go for the rest of 2016 for spin off films like WW or Flash that set up WF/JL for '17.

Goyer's best script was written in seven weeks.

I also feel that Zack Snyder is a better director than Bryan Singer for these type of movies. Singer has too much of a bland style while Snyder is a breathtaking visual stylist.

Agreed. I'm glad Return die off and we got MOS. Return is the movie everyone seems to want to forget ever happen. MOS is changing Superman for the better while Return made it worst. The suppose SR2 script having Superman kill his son to kill off the character is stupid and bad writing. Who in their right mind want to see Superman skill his child on the big screen. This would had killed off Superman and WB knew it was a no win situation with Return. Glad the reboot happen and I couldn't be happier with MOS. Now announce MOS 2 at Comic-Con.

Goyer wrote the first draft to Batman Begins in seven weeks. Then turned it off to Nolan. Read his draft a long time ago. It was excellent.

Goyer wrote the first draft to Batman Begins in seven weeks. Then turned it off to Nolan. Read his draft a long time ago. It was excellent.

Wow.
How about Goyer writing MOS2 in 7 weeks and then handing it off to John Nolan ?
Ha.

Last Comic Con we eagerly awaited first MOs footage and then dissected it. That was fun.

Last Comic Con we eagerly awaited first MOs footage and then dissected it. That was fun.

That comic con trailer is still amazing. What a trailer, I watched it the other day. I wouldn't mind them putting that trailer as a special feature on the blu-ray.

I loved the comic con trailer too.

I kind of hope the Monte Cristo movie goes into production and then Goyer will only have time to write the treatment.

I agree. Why waste this uberness of POTENTIAL blow-up to the DC Universe or future films and send Cavill and Snyder to SDCC just to answer questions from fans? Didn't they do this COUNTLESS number of times in all those interviews and on the MOS panel, close to an hour's worth with the cast upon its release?

Has to be the announcement. I mean, come on. Marvel fans are getting bombarded with awesomeness and have been for quite some time. It's OUR time in the sun!:word:

So true!:up:

Just thought I should post this bit here:

DC's Top Exec Dishes On Publisher's Movies & TV Future

Although Nelson resisted to talk about the rumored development of Justice League film or a second Superman film (which THR said is rumored to be announced at Comic-Con), Nelson did say the success of Man of Steel was “incredibly great” for DC and Warner, and “reinforces the potential of that universe just moving forward

http://www.newsarama.com/18390-dc-s-top-exec-dishes-to-thr-on-publisher-s-movies-tv-future.html

:up:

That's awesome speed force! What day are they scheduled to appear at the con?

If MOS2 was released in 2015, wouldn't that free up Wonder Woman to be released in 2016? I think they should film Wonder Woman at the same time as MOS2 (but with a different director and writer for WW) but with a lower budget to maximize profits. Though adding a "tease" Marvel style at the end of a guaranteed hit "Superman/Batman" would be the way to go. That way, if they spend about 150 million for WW, and having it be marketed as occurring within MOS' universe somehow would probably give WW a much-needed boost.

Last edited:
When was the sequel to Batman Begins announced? Was it soon after the release or did they wait awhile?

Anywhere here (shh) back then? anybody remember any sequel doubts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"