Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to read that Krypton does blow up in this. I had my doubts for a moment.

JAK®;23853353 said:
People were saying that this looks like a Christopher Nolan movie, yes. Which is ridiculous.

It feels like a Nolan film in tone, but the visuals are all Snyder and his DP, Amir Mokri.

JAK®;23853353 said:
People were saying that this looks like a Christopher Nolan movie, yes. Which is ridiculous.
I agree.

hahahaha, good to see they didn't follow ALL of McG's original script :p

I'm glad to read that Krypton does blow up in this. I had my doubts for a moment.

Indeed; though I wonder what's going on in the scene where we see Clark looking at Jor-el who does the famous shirt rip to reveal the kryptonian s.

Probably Clark at the fortress finding out about how the war destroyed Krypton and Zod is on the loose.

btw.....did any of the shots of young adult Clark show him with that "KU Jayhawk" shirt that he was wearing in some of the set pics?

I just think its funny that when we get a trailer that focuses on character instead of fun, especially moments that feel like a Superman movie, people complain. It's a teaser and was amazing.

That's your opinion, some people will love it, some people will just like it, some people won't. It is what it is.

Say wha.... (I didn't get to see the footage :o )

lol, my bad.

Yeah, there's a moment where a bearded Clark is confronted by Jor-el (Hologram or actual version, who knows..lol)..and Jor-el does a shirt rip to show his "s"..perhaps using that to prove that he's Clark's father since Clark is shown to have discovered the S Symbol as a teenager by his dad when he showed him the ship.

lol. Daddy Jor-El is teaching his son how to do a proper shirt rip.

oh, and how did Henry sound as Clark/Superman?

and, how did Amy look as Lois?

hahahaha, good to see they didn't follow ALL of McG's original script :p

Just most of it, lol, WB is probably kicking themselves for not giving the go ahead to that version. It would be a very different landscape for WB comic book films had they done that version instead of SR in 2006.

Personally, he sounded alright to me, but I'll need to hear a more high quality/HD version of his lines before I can put my entire thoughts on it.lol

But he has made a good first impression.:yay:

There weren't that many shots of Amy as Lois, but from what I saw of her, it was alright..I mean, I wasn't bothered by her appearance like some here on the boards have constantly mentioned about.lol

To me, Cavill sounded a lot like Routh. The same tone of voice, he sounds interested in what he's talking about if that makes sense.

Amy Adams had only two or three shots in the trailer, one of her with a pony tail looking like shes running away from a storm or towards something that just happened, and the next shot her kissing superman, both in full costume.

He's not teaching his son how to do a shirt rip. He's showing what the S means to Krypton.

And yes, there's a shot of him wearing the KU shirt from the spy pics when the started filming. He is saving someone and there's a Tornado in the background.

Amy was in just a quick shot of her face and one with her kissing Superman.

His American accent in MOS reminds me of Brandon Routh's accent in Superman Returns.

And Amy is just luminous. You only get two, three glimpses of her in the teaser. :hrt:

Fine. Especially liked his line at the very end, "My father believed if the world found out who I really was...they'd reject me... out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?"

land, how did Amy look as Lois?

Barely in it to gather an opinion. But she's Amy ****ing Adams. She's gonna rock the part. Zero doubt.

lol, my bad.

Yeah, there's a moment where a bearded Clark is confronted by Jor-el (Hologram or actual version, who knows..lol)..and Jor-el does a shirt rip to show his "s"..perhaps using that to prove that he's Clark's father since Clark is shown to have discovered the S Symbol as a teenager by his dad when he showed him the ship.

Haha, that sounds awesome. I wish Brando had done a shirt rip too :o

I personally don't think he sounds like or reminds me of Routh at all. If anything, this teaser washed away that crap that was Superman Returns.

BTW, the costume looked vibrant and beautiful, especially the cape billowing in the wind.

Haha, that sounds awesome. I wish Brando had done a shirt rip too :o
He did in a way. In STM, he puts his arms around the S symbol after the council asks him not to tell anyone about the destruction of Krypton. Here it is very similar to that. From what I could gather, it seemed to be that Clark is watching a holographic transmission from Jor-el in the fortress. And btw, the fortress looks like a cave in the snow, not a crystal palace.

Is this the same music it will be played with teaser this Friday?

thanks, guys.

I'm glad the KU shirt is in!

and I was just joking about Jor-El teaching his son how to shirt rip.......lol

His American accent in MOS reminds me of Brandon Routh's accent in Superman Returns.

And Amy is just luminous. You only get two, three glimpses of her in the teaser. :hrt:

I was thinking the same thing. He did sound a bit like Routh in Kal-El mode.

Just saw the footage. That last line that Clark says about society rejecting was just awesome! Especially with what was shown during that narration. This has officially got me so excited for this movie. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"